Boring boring adidas! MLS kits

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by jovifan_11, Feb 7, 2016.

1. jovifan_11

jovifan_11 New Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Nothing displays pride of your club quite like your kit. Whether it's the white sleeves of Arsenal, the green and white hoops of Celtic, blue and black stripes of Inter, and so on. And each year I get excited to see the new MLS kits on to be upset at myself for thinking they would do
    anything creative.

There are a handful of exceptions but you can count on majority of clubs doing at least one of these three things. 1. "It makes your whites whiter." How many clubs have a white kit? Why does Orlando have white and not gold. White for RSL? I like the occasional white kit but not every team needs white.
    2. "One color too many." The mono color look is quite boring. Your kits, shorts and socks don't have to be one color! Chicago, Montreal,Orlando, Columbus, DC, philly, and on and on. Majority of the famous clubs around the world mix it up. You even see this with national teams and adidas. Germany having white shorts?
    3. "Get your originality out of here!" Zero sense of originality. Stripes nope! Not sense chivas USA left. Hoops. Yep...oh wait...nope. FC Dallas got rid of theirs. RSL had some identity but the 2016 kits all but eliminated that. Why is Montreal not black and blue striped?

I'm sure adidas has research showing what sells to the masses. This is just another example of how money trumps originality. Congrats adidas and MLS.