"Bon dia a tots!": The Other Teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I know this is super late and probably won't get any acknowledgement, but the match between Atletico and Sevilla was the best I've seen so far this season in La Liga. Shame about the result not really reflecting the way the match went. Chances galore by both sides in a pretty even first half, but Sevilla came out hard in the second half with quite the pressure. Atletico though was lethal on the counter, and put the match to bed. Not sure what Beto was doing on the Jackson Martinez goal (lovely curl though). Brings me to my point that Atletico seems much more dangerous and more importantly, for them, they have a variety of ways they can play now with their forwards.

Who thinks Atletico are serious contenders for La Liga this year? I think so. Barcelona is going to get tested in this first half of the season (some tough away fixtures, small squad, Neymar may be injured, have the World Club Championships in December), and I'm still not convinced that Benitez will have Madrid firing on all cylinders. The true test for them is how they will do against us, Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico.

evil_allan repped this.
  2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Arda just got a nice assist for Turkey vs the Dutch

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    LaLiga is going to be interesting this year. both Barca and LPB have weaker teams than last season, while 'the rest' - teams like Atletico, Sevilla, and Valencia - have all strengthened. it'll probably be a tighter race than usual, and Atletico are definitely in the mix. they're still the best team in Madrid

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    probably not as frustrating as it is to play against them.

they did whatever they wanted with Slovakia without breaking a sweat.

5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    and now a goal for Arda!

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

And now he scores himself [emoji23] [emoji23]

7. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Spanish ref don't just stink in La Liga, they stink in Europe as well. That was a obvious shirt pull just in front of him before turkeys 3rd goal. It's just pathetic how bad they are.

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Man, rough going for the Dutch. But you get the kind of results you deserve. :coffee:

9. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Even San Marino are making fun of Ronaldo :ROFLMAO::D

inswinger, evil_allan and jfcule repped this.
  10. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

I think i remember Tahiti in the last confederation cup in 2013 had a similar set of player occupations ( they did manage to score a goal forgot against who though )

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Somehow I get the feeling that the twitter account "Selección San Marino" has nothing to do with the Selezione di Federazione Sammarinese Gioco Calcio.
    Anyway, congrats to San Marino on their first away goal in fourteen years.
    129/140 characters. Should have used them all. lol
    641339367437406209 is not a valid tweet id

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    :eek: It's so great that club football gets interrupted several times a season so that a tournament which produces a stat like this could be played. I wish the NBA season could be interrupted for 2 weeks at-a-time so that the USA could beat Turks and Caicos Islands 164-11. :whistling:

evil_allan repped this.
  13. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  14. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    David de Gea just renewed with man utd! 4 years with a 5th optional.
    There goes "it's better this way because we'll get him for free next year":D

ShortyMac and Gilmango repped this.
  15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sensible and not super-unexpected move by DDG.

I mean what were LPB expecting? Of course it makes sense for DDG to not risk skipping a season by rotting on the bench, or risk not getting a lucrative deal by a possible injury. This way, he makes his relationship with his club better, so much so that he ought to start the whole year, this way, his financial situation is less risky. And he can play a lot prior to Euros. And ManU is, after all and despite all the recent joking, a serious giant club.

Not that LPB's future depends on DDG. Lots of good goalies out there, Navas for example already plays for them and is very good. But if they wanted DDG, bad handling to blunder the move now, and not making it cheap in the immediate future either.

:cool:

16. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree. But it was a quite a blunder for Florentino. And he has to pay De Gea the compensation fee.
    So they're stuck paying a salary to 4 GKs and only being able to play 2.

17. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Ahahhaha!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: It all played out the way I wanted it to :cool:

Take that LPB.. what an embarrassing moment for LPB and Perez. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO: Loving it!!:D

ShortyMac repped this.
  18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

In more GK news. Courtois undergoes Knee surgery and is out for a long time :eek: This was unexpected!! What will Jose do now? :ROFLMAO::D

ShortyMac repped this.
  19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Add that item to his excuse roll-a-dex. But Begovic is a pretty solid back-up and Courtois will be back for the business half of the season.

20. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Mou is an ass, but can't get happy Courtois is injured.
    He's a fantastic player and unless you're Kevin De Bruyne, I don't see how you can dislike his: :D

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    LOL Chelsea look lost at sea against Everton! Amazing how poor they look.

Out of the title race already?

22. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Quite possibly, but there's so much time left in the season. It's only 2-1 right now, so Chelsea could rescue the result. I would like Everton to score a couple more to make the media whip themselves up into a frenzy over the "crisis at Chelsea" and then Mou will blame Mother Nature for making it an overcast day.

23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

3-1... That should do it :)

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    You know you've got problems when you concede a hat-trick to Stephen Naismith (who started the match on the bench)!

ShortyMac repped this.
  25. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    LOL at Chelsea. If Man City wins, it would be an 11 point difference :eek:

I think the red in their kit reminded me of the French National team jersey.