"Bon dia a tots!": The Other Teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Illarramendi sent back to La Real for half of what LPB paid 2 years ago (from €32M to €16M).

2. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Talking about other teams, I'm a little surprised LPB didn't go higher-profile with their summer signings this time, with us winning the treble and all. Days left and De Gea still not done, super thin ST position... They obviously have a squad to compete in all frontiers, and maybe this is them being smart and cautious rather than overly passive, but I dunno. Well, one could say a coaching change is a major change, but for them it's normal, and it's not like they kicked out a failure and brought in a huge improvement.

As for Atletico, however, they've had a great transfer window, and I'd bet they could very well make it to the top two in Liga this time. They have quality, depth, and hunger, and maybe they're smart as well. They'll be tough to beat in the table.

3. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    ya, i'm really puzzled by LPSs summer moves. if anything, they look weaker than they did this time last year. and with Barca obviously looking forward to a very difficult season, i really expected them to make some serious waves. rafa is already unpopular, and the whole experiment of trying to turn the world's most expensive winger into a play-maker looks like a mess both tactically and in terms of managing egos in the dressing room. and then there are the rumors that rafa wanted to play CR7 as a striker vs Gijon, but the player refused.

and Atletico look like the only top-three team that have actually improved their squad over the summer. i wouldn't be surprised to see them turn out to be serious title contenders.

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They need a striker, DM, and a goalie. There isn't a shiny striker in the market right now if you think about it ... and Florentino likes shiny toys. He doesn't like DMs (the types they arguably need) and I guess ManU is holding stiff of De Gea to get max $.

5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    Aguero and Hazard would have fit the galactico label. ok they're not 'on the market', but none of Zidane, Figo, or either Ronaldo, were 'on the market' or playing for selling teams. so, what has changed for Flo? is it the oil money from the Emirates/Russia that mean Flo can't bully them? back in the day, Juve and ManU were hardly short on $$

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But they are not real strikers. Hazard plays in Ronaldo's position. Aguero plays a bit where Bale plays dropping to the right side (at least last season). Then they have Isco and James to fit in. Florentino is not about to get rid any of these players right now. What they could have used is someone like Diego Costa but I doubt he'd ever end up at RM.

Having said that, I am not sure they need a real striker as long as Benzema is healthy. He still scores a good amount of goals considering you have Ronaldo and Bale consistently running into his space.

7. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    So apparently City signed De Bruyne for a shitload of money. Close to 80 million if you include bonuses. Suarez money. That is insane. Never got the hype regarding him

8. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Looks like the Champions League group stage will have BATE Borisov to push around again. :(

Leverkusen-Lazio all level on aggregate.

9. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    There are strikers/attackers. It's that LPB doesn't want to splurge like they used to.

As for goalie, I don't think they necessarily need one. Navas is a solid goalie, good enough to be the first choice for any club. Some are maybe better, but it's not like their campaign will depend on not getting De Gea. Them apparently waiting a year to get him cheaper seems to suggest they like that, as well.

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    since when did Flo take those kind of things into consideration? he had CR7 and went out and bought Bale who plays the same position. he still had Xabi Alonso when he went out and bought WC-winning Kroos who plays the same position. he had Isco and he bought James ....

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good point. But I don't think even he could have justified unsettling 4 of his golden boys. Unless he is trying to get rid of one of them.

12. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's a loan with an "obligation " to buy. I bet they won't pay at the end, this is just to save face.
    Will there be a pussy clause?

13. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    "I was told that I was in the club's plans," Illarramendi said on Wednesday. "Then they signed another player."

14. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Please tell me those are fake weights :eek:

[​IMG]

Dhajj and evil_allan repped this.
  16. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Does Sociedad have that kind of money?
    Or does Real still owe them money so the transfer fee was basically not pay Sociedad anymore

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. jfcule

jfcule Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 4, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chelsea with 4 points after 4 games LMAO

ShortyMac repped this.
  20. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

jfcule repped this.
  21. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

:D

evil_allan, Dhajj, Rattlehead and 3 others repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Does anyone see how United is too compete with this squad, especially the strikers!?

25. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#75 Forzabarca, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
    As I write.. Juventus is 2-0 down to Roma and bottom of Serie A :) Wouldnt mind their dominance in Seria A coming to an end.

at 2-1 and Szczesny makes a incredible save in the 92nd min. :coffee: