"Bon dia a tots!": The Other Teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fwiw, the shoulder also looks beyond the line but, of course, not as blatant as the elbow. Still, if the line is lined up with the defender's foot and any legal part of the upper looks to be beyond the foot, it suggests that the lines are not where they should be. And this leaves doubt on whether the VAR decision is correct.

The image you posted looks to be a zoomed in image of what I posted. As long as human eyes are used to look at still frames I'm sure there will come a time when VAR will rule an offside decision one way and it will create debate on whether or not the decision was correct, with or without a zoomed in image. And when the debate ensues, the matter of black/white will be null and void. Technology - the type with sensors being used like goal line technology - is the only thing (in my mind) that can make offside a black/white issue. But again, how does one put sensors in knees?

First time I've seen anyone suggest it was breast and not arm. Will have to have another look.

2. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Okay, just looked at the Aussie goal again.
    My bad. Enough doubt to let the goal stand as called. :thumbsup:

3. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    A-hole that I am, I'm now asking myself if this particular VAR review fits under the category of "was the decision clearly wrong?” (IFAB's mission) or “was the decision correct?” (waste of time)? ;)

4. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Full on melee a minute into stoppage time of Mexico-New Zealand.
    VAR is viewed by the referee himself.
    One yellow card produced...
    VAR talks to ref...
    A second yellow is shown to another player...
    More mic talk...
    A third yellow...
    No red cards.
    smh

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They used VAR to give YCs on a fight ?

6. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    After the melee died down the three officials (plus, I asuume, the fourth official) didn't bother to huddle to discuss possible bookings. They returned to positions and readied themselves for the restart when VAR intervened.
    Like I said with linesmen calling offside: The referee cannot and should not allow VAR to enter his mind. The officiating team should have consulted with each other. They likely would have booked the appropriate players without the need of VAR, which could then be used in case of mistaken identity (as noted by the IFAB a couple of weeks ago).

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Kind of funny how everybody is just blaming Mendes for Ronaldo's tax trouble. He is an accountant just as Ronaldo is ? Funny you never hear about the accountants themselves in these cases. Obviously they have blame in it no ?

8. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo is too concentrated focusing on the Confed Cup so can't take to twitter to clarify his position regarding RM ... but he can comment on James hair ... priorities :ROFLMAO:

Although I have a suspicion this could be a theater setup by Mendes and Florentino.

Forzabarca and afar repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Getafe beat Tenerife in the promotion playoff., 3-1 on the night, 3-2 on aggregate. So no Canary Islands derby in La Liga next season. :( We finally know Barca's 19 opponents in the league next season.

10. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    you mean this team?:sneaky:

11. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What people often forget about that goal is that it was scored in vain. We won that game 5-2 but lost the return leg 0-4 and were knocked out in the Copa semifinals. Getafe went on to lose 1-0 to Sevilla in the final.

Curiously this goal didn’t actually end up meaning that much as Frank Rijkaard’s men were eliminated from the tournament by Bernd Schuster’s men after being beaten 4-0 away. It was a bad season for Barcelona, who ended up with nothing, but a good one when it came to the formation of the youngster who would go on to become the best player in football history.

inswinger and unclesox repped this.
  12. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Chile robbed of a clear penalty when ref could easily have used the VAR. Why wasn't he notified?

Damn what a double chance for Chile!

13. Dooly

Dooly Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Deserved victory for Chile.

14. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well done, Bravo. Well done.
    Only regret that he wasn't allowed to face Cristiano and save his as well.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That way he can blame his teammates.

Forzabarca and unclesox repped this.
  16. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    At least he now knows how Messi/Argentina felt the last two summers. His only consolation is that Chile don't play in the Euros.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At least now he can talk about his taxes ... oh wait, there is a 3rd place match. :ROFLMAO:

If you're a good PK taker, why would you ever want to take the 5th PK unless you just want the glory of possibly hitting the winner ? He has done this twice with Portugal now.

18. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

What an immense display by Bravo the entire game:thumbsup::inlove:. Shame he cant pull these off in Barca any more. He´s great where he´s comfortable and he´s def not comfortable in City.

puyol repped this.
  19. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree but these days a lot of teams have their best taker go fifth. Never understood why.
    Chile looked to have their best go early.

20. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is that so ? I haven't noticed it to be honest.

22. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    another shitty significant performance by penaldo. I don't know why he always take pk and freekicks but just wait for 5th pk? Nothing from the euro 2016 champion
    This match just prove that europe teams are nothing better than south america teams, maybe except for Germany

Bada Bing repped this.
  23. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Somehow penaldo fans said one man can't carry the team. Carry my @SS. His team carries him

24. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wait Fakenaldo chickened from yet another first penalty? Everything this disgusting fake does is a fraud.

25. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    And of course another group of people.

[​IMG]

ShortyMac repped this.