News: Bob Bradley finally speaks on Jurgen Klinsmann

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Susaeta, Oct 7, 2016.

1. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Member+

Jun 23, 2002
    Some on the post-Cuba match thread are joking that Wondo is the "ultimate troll" just for scoring against Cuba. But maybe it's JK who's the ultimate troll, starting Wondo just a few days after BB's appointment, trollin both BB (2011 Gold Cup), and, in typically JK self-defeating fashion, himself at the same time ("How can you #$#$ing miss when you are just two #$#%ing inches from zee Beligum goal, you dummkopf!?")

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Publicity is good. Here is a post from Rapids' thread:

I.o.w., when we produce stars abroad from guys going overseas and bring them back, the league thrives. Klinsmann says he is in favor of sending guys overseas while Garber says we need to "keep players here". Klinsmann doesn't help to get players overseas because he calls up players already abroad for Nat team exposure instead of giving international credits to MLS players.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    From actually listening to the interview, it seems like typical goal post shifting and misrepresentation by JK supporters.

JK being all most Brits know or care about in USA Soccer, is brought up as to say, hey JK said nice things about you getting this gig. Do you have thoughts on it and if JK would be great for the PL too? Bradley goes to quickly dispels any idea him and JK are close or friends in anyway or even respects the guy's opinion.

Now let's talk about this supposed they were doing the same thing lie that JK supporters have put forth. Bob was not a commentator on Swansea games and knocking the previous manager SG in public nor was he in protracted talks for the position. Bob interviewed for the post and that was fair in the coaching world.

However, false equivalence and cognitive dissonance shall continue as people try to defend JK and tar Bob with the same brush.

5. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Well he beat Jamaica.

Deep Wilcox and WrmBrnr repped this.
  6. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... that moment when it's Jurgen who has taken the high road...

I don't think anyone begrudges Bob's hurt feelings, but neither is that really the point.

7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    High road? After cutting Bob's throat. You push a guy out then 5 years later after failing to do better than him, have something nice to say about him

8. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Klinsmann and Gulati have USSF wrapped around their fingers, and is able to ignore any and all criticism. Thus, he can pretend to take the high road.

exref repped this.
  9. speedynuggett

speedynuggett Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Berlin
    I think this is spot on. If I were Bradley, had his history and had waited for my shot, to have Klinsmann cited as a professional reference would be unbearable. I heard his Klinsmann comments as making clear he does not believe himself to be an inferior coach and demanding that he be allowed to speak for himself. As a Swansea player or fan, I would've been encouraged by such a display of confidence from the new manager.

10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Bad move on Bradley's part to comment on JK when he's still head coach and his son is still a major part of the team. Someone monitor Jonathan K's twitter for the moment Michael gets dropped from the starting lineup.

Actually, maybe a fire would be lit under MB's butt and he'd play like he did a few years ago.

GiallorossiYank repped this.
  11. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I respectfully disagree. The right time would have been after we lost to Mexico last year. Now it's too late and we're with him until the next cycle. Hope he does better than other two-cycle coaches.....

12. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    After the November qualifiers would be a perfectly fine time to part ways.

exref repped this.
  13. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    while you may think and hope so, I seriously doubt it's going to happen. We are tied to his bumper so let's hope he continues to improve from last year.....

14. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
    I'm pointing out what would make sense, not what USSF will actually do. Sunil has made it quite certain that he's going to keep Klinsmann as long as he has any excuse to continue to do so. Right now at this moment would not be a good time to switch managers, but immediately after the November qualifiers would a reasonable time.

Deadtigers repped this.
  15. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    as you may be aware, I would've moved on after either the WC (because two-terms is a bad idea) and certainly after the Mexico loss last year.

Now that we've had better results this year (first in group and making Copa semis), it's hard to call for his resignation IMO if we didn't do it then. I guess if we get blown out by Mex and CR and he completely loses the team, that could happen. Neither of those things is something I'd root for even if certain posters (not pointing at you at all btw) do want it. IMO - that's a terrible way to be a fan.

16. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone ask Michael about his dad's comments? That would probably get their press pass revoked though. Would be a dickish move by a reporter to be fair. lol

17. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
  18. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    Okay, well that's objectively not true. It's not really relevant to now, but JK should have just no commented that one.

19. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Why should he have no commented it? Somebody said something about him that he disagrees with that is viewed as negative.

20. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    Because it's demonstrably false and he's media savvy enough to know that he should have just left it alone.

Scissorkick Collins repped this.
  21. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    How is it false? Why does he need to jockey for a job he could have?

22. Editor In Chimp

Editor In Chimp Member+

Sep 7, 2008
    If you believe his soliloquy after we lost to Ghana in 2010 on national television was not him very publicly making it clear to Sunil that he not only wanted the job but also outlining the significant power within the job he wanted (which he got) then we should just drop it.

23. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Then why didn't he take it?

Is this what you are talking about?

24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I totally agree. It only muddies the water even more