Blame Klopp for everything- The Injury Thread II

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool midfielder Emre Can could still feature for the club again this season despite fears that his campaign had been ended by a back problem.

The German, 24, was injured during the Anfield side's 5-0 win over Watford on 17 March and was assessed on Thursday.

And, with his contract expiring in the summer and a move to Juventus mooted, it had been suggested he had played his last game for Liverpool.

But BBC Sport understands he could be back before the season ends on 13 May.

well, we've got that cleared up, then.:rolleyes: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43666718

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    can't bring Gruj back ,,, and now woody is injured as well???

http://readliverpoolfc.com/2018/04/...marko-grujic-from-loan-spell-at-cardiff-city/

Ben Woodburn, who has played in midfield for the Reds at times is also out injured and even centre back Joel Matip, who has experience playing as a defensive midfielder in the past, is out for the season with a thigh issue.

As it stands, the Reds have just three established midfielders fit; James Milner, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain and Gini Wijnaldum.

This has led to calls from some supporters for Liverpool to recall Marko Grujic from his loan spell at Cardiff City, but James Pearce of the Liverpool Echo says that the Reds aren’t able to bring him back to Anfield early.

3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been several youth players getting significant time training with the first team this year - we may see a few feature in the next few weeks.

4. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Masterson is deffo to start at CB. question is will he be with VVD or Lovren?

5. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the fact we don’t have a derby match thread less than 24 hrs before the game render the game meaningless?

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But as Klopp pointed out in his press conference, all of our best youth players are out on loan. Kent, Ojo, Wilson, Ejaria, Grujic, etc.

7. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What's the story with Woodburn?

8. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

That is a senseless statement. He was fit all last year. Not fit most of this year.

Now- assuming that at some point in his career before this he has been injuured and recovered - how does any of that point to any likelihood of what he would be (fitness-wise) next year?

9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well ... in addition to his bad injury record recently .... and his overall somewhat meagre goal/assist return recently .... Lallana is getting just a tad old (30 soon).

for me all this = he'll be sold soon tbh. great talent, and great attitude -- but I think his time with us may soon be up.

10. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Unless he gets healthy...then I think Lallana’s a very good player off the bench, or in times like we’re in right now...we certainly could use him this weekend!

EruditeHobo repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    dunno, I just came across that one piece that I posted which said he was injured .... news to me .... no details given of course.

12. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s been fit for about 50% of games while he’s been at the club. He has a worse injury record than Sturridge.

He’s currently a well paid 6th choice midfielder with better players coming in.

13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Woodburn is back in training. Good.

14. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He joined us far too late, I think. He’s been available for just about half the time with us. A pity but he’s had a good pay day and we need more reliability.

CB-West repped this.
  15. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    More reliability is key phrase there Red...I like him as a player...but just not available enough for Klopp

16. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on Lovren, and on when Gomez might return? We're dangerously thin at the back at the moment.

17. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gomez was reportedly 3 weeks, so he should close. Didn't feature for U23 today. Physio Room has a 4/28 return date for him.

Apparently no word on Lovren yet, which could be worrying.

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England manager Gareth Southgate is prepared to give Adam Lallana every chance of making the World Cup squad. The Liverpool midfielder, 29, has gone to South Africa to step up his rehabilitation programme.

19. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be an absolutely stupid decision to take Lallana to Russia. He'll get injured in the first game.

That said, I saw Shelvey being suggested as a midfield option, so if that is the case, you can see why that makes sense to take a risk on Lallana.

20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that's debatable obviously, but his complete lack of match fitness isn't. no way in hell will he be part of the England squad imo.

21. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Last year Lallana was named England player of the year. Their best player. I don’t know why you are so insistent on writing him off.

22. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says more about England than anything else. He’s broken down almost immediately twice this year coming off injury. Using a roster spot on a player short of fitness and recent history of getting injured is a massive risk. He’s not shown any type of form in over a year so it’s not like he’s a game changer for them where the risk is worth it.

SamScouse repped this.
  23. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But the discussion is solely about er, England.....

24. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    As for the Ox ---

If he hasn't done ligamne tdamage this may be a case of a stretched/torn front muscle. Which you could conceivably rehab quit equickly in t lower leg ...
    fingers crossed .......

25. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barring some astonishing good news about Ox, we're now down to three midfielders. Yikes.