Blame Klopp for everything- The Injury Thread II

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Footballers can be thick sometimes, can't they?

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    god help us if vvd goes down injured.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You can’t fault him for playing through injury in the World Cup, but as soon as the World Cup is over it his his duty to inform the club that pays your wages of the injury. His quotes make it sound like he just hoped the injury would go away.

To show up injured after 3 weeks without the club knowing is beyond unprofessional. It’s convient for Lovren that the transfer window is now closed and the club can’t sign anyone who may have challenged for his place.

LiverpoolFanatic and SamScouse repped this.
  4. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Fowler is a bit past it now ,Sam. :sneaky:

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    our season hasn't even started and we're scrambling to fill key positions, either with kids or moving guys to positions they don't normally play. :cry::cry::cry:

6. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Lovren is talking a load of crap to be honest.

The pictures on LFC website show him doing the tough fitness exercises and tranining.

I think it’s him patting himself on the back about how much pain he played through to make it seem even more impressive.

He uses social media too much and talks a lot - he gave the interview last season about how he needed pain killers everyday to even play.

dcc134 repped this.
  7. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't know what the hell he's doing but he should STFU and get healthy asap.

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccershaggy repped this.
  9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Echo is lifting quotes from a Croatian paper. Who knows when he spoke to them. It was probably the week before he reported back. It’s not unreasonable for him to think it would heal with a couple weeks rest.

He’s on video early in the week doing exercises that if he had a serious stomach issue, he wouldn’t be able to do.

11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah there seems to be a TON of misinformation about this right now.

12. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jürgen Klopp has confirmed Dejan Lovren is facing a short spell on the sidelines due to a pelvis issue, but doesn't expect to be without his services for too long.

The centre-back, who returned to Melwood earlier this week to begin pre-season preparations after helping Croatia to the World Cup final, is likely to miss Liverpool’s upcoming fixtures due to the problem.

However, Klopp is anticipating Lovren will be back in training shortly, telling his post-match press conference following the Reds’ win over West Ham United: “He is not fit. Let me say it like this, last year he already had a few problems with that but he could obviously play - and played really good.

“Recovery days were always enough then it was not a problem and he was in the next session again. We did not train a lot in the end of the season, of course, because we were more or less constantly playing, but he played constantly.

“Now in the World Cup, [playing] three times [for] 120 minutes it got a bit worse, but I am pretty sure it will settle in the next one, two or three weeks. In that time he can probably for sure train already, but not the full programme, so that will then take time.

“In the end, it is serious but not that serious, so it’s not that we need to be afraid that it will take him until whenever. In the moment he is not available, that’s true.”

13. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Sounds like he could be out for as much as three weeks.

14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LiverpoolFanatic and jeffcoop repped this.
  15. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  16. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What? Does the Croatian FA keep track of the state of fitness of its players? Or is it because he played on regardless of the injury so ought to be available and ready to play?

17. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Klopp says Lovren won't be back till after the international break.

18. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And a damn good idea, too. So why is Croatia calling him up?

19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    maybe they just do it hoping he'll be available. if he isn't they can replace him (I assume) so why not? he is one of their WC heroes so they don't want to diss him I guess ?

20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You'd hope so.

21. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It could be something just as simple as the Croatian coaches want to touch base with him , check on how he's progressing health wise etc plus have Lovren keep up to date on team strategies/tactics etc .
    The national team coaches probably don't get to work with their guys as much as they'd like so even if Lovren is injured he's still a part of their squad so its good for him to be there too.

22. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should be staying at Melwood to rehab

burning247 repped this.
  23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's what I would have thought as being ideal, too, but speker does have a point about international managers never having enough time with their players. Talking of which, Joe Gomez is in line to be called up to the senior England team. I'd have thought of it as being too early. rather let the lad find his feet and get established at Liverpool first but Southgate has just few opportunities to have his squad with him.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I can't believe we need any kind of international break a few weeks after the WC.