BL MD8: Dortmund - RB Leipzig

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Arlo, Oct 14, 2017.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I didn't to watch the game, but I checked the lineup and was very disappointed with the midfield. I hope Bosz has finally learnt his lesson about Sahin and Castro.

Auba is really a fantastic striker. For me he is the best in the world. 10 league goals already.

2. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    PB got the line up wrong again yesterday.Otherwise Our squad is better than recent years but our best eleven lacks the quality of say 2015 .

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PB is not suited for the big leagues.

1. Hasn't figured out that Weigl and Mo on a bad day are better than Castro and Sahin on a good day. It's like he has a Ferrari LaFerarri in the garage but still uses a Ford Pinto.

2. Götze, Reus, Mo, Weigl, Pulisic all grew up playing a 4-2-3-1. Adjusting to a 4-3-3 has not and likely will not go well, particularly that of the Dutch variety. We don't have one. Apart from Sven Bender who failed as a B2B midfielder was even played as a CB by JK and TT, no BVB player is or is used to playing with a dedicated ball winner. Also missing is a clear no. 10 despite having Götze and Kagawa who thrive in that role.

3. He has zero clue how to use full backs. TT and Pep at least use them to offer width and are thus excused. We've conceded 3 goals and the FBs haven't offered any width.

4. PEA is not a modern day striker. He's best suited to run towards through balls, using his speed and playing in the penalty box.

5. Too many long balls. Bürki needs support from the backline and the CMs to build from the back. That has yet to be addressed.

I think he's a great guy. Which is why Aki hired him. But he's not good enough to coach this squad. If he's misusing Götze, he will do the same with Reus. And he's got no idea he has gems in Weigl, Mo and Toljan. I hate to see what he will do with Gurreiro.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I have given him time on this. The game midweek is my deadline. I expect him to have realised this and not to make the mistake again.
    Strongly agree with this.
    Not a fair point in my opinion. LP doesn't have the fitness or the ability to be a threat attacking. When he goes forward he tends to lose the ball. On the left he has been forced to play Toljan (right footed or a talented CB). Again he should be judged when Raphael/Schmelzer are back and Toljan can play on the right, though Toljan by all accounts was horrible yesterday.
    What's a modern striker? Top goal scorer in the Bundesliga at the moment, top goal scorer in the Bundesliga last season. Scores against all the big teams suggest that he is modern enough for us.
    We will see how things are when Bartra and Raphael are back in the team.
    Reus is not on the same level as the others. Reus is ACTUALLY a elite player that has done in against every top team out there, but sadly rarely plays. Mo doesn't belong with Weigl either or Gotze. Mo doesn't have their level of talent and hasn't done much. Gotze was a player on the verge of becoming world class, but made a bad move and regressed. The illness has not helped. We will see if he goes the way of Isco, who has been allowed more freedom, or if he goes the Quaresma route. Toljan is never going to be world class no matter who coaches him.

Cris 09 repped this.
  5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wrong thread but it's funny how close the reactions for this twitter message about a possible formation are to the opinions on this forum. No love for Schürrle, Toprak and Castro and questions why Dahoud isn't used there as well.
    That centre looks slow and without any defensive grit at all and I also have doubts about the players used for the 3 man backline.