BL MD 5: HSV Hamburg vs. BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Sep 18, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All of the players who played on the weekend will be available. Mario Götze is available. Marc Bartra, Jeremy Toljan are day to day. Raphael and Schürrle are weeks away.

2. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    2:0 win for us, Auba and Yarmo with a goal each.

3. Majki 2111

Majki 2111 Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Zagreb,Croatia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    We dont have a good score with HSV in last few years.

4. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We hadn't beaten Koln in 2 years with TT and we just crushed them

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Historical results do not translate to future ones. Unless its Schalke.

6. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but the Tottenham game translates? :confused:

Liquid1010 repped this.
  7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I hope Philipp, Gotze, Dahoud and Toljan are being rested for the two big games coming up, if so then I agree with the lineup even if it is a bit risky.

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Götze is still hurt from being elbowed in the teeth over the weekend.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Goal Kagawa for the lead. Not a great game so far but we have to use the chances we get.

11. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yarmo is a damn beast

12. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    This is a fun game, lots of action, though BVB have not made the most of their chances. Yarmolenko playing really well. Pulisic not with his best touches. No egregious mistakes but several chances only taken with average quality. BVB could easily have scored three and given up two.

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    We really need a second goal as we allow too many dangerous situations.
    Yarmo played well, again. I guess we'll see Weigl, Dahoud and Philipp in the second half because the other substitutes are only there because of the injuries.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Good to be winning, but we need a second to be safe.
    Yarmolenko has been fantastic and Auba very good too. Burki is having a good game. The midfield has been terrible though. Castro, Kagawa and Sahin have been completely dominated, but luckily we can hit it long now with Yarmo and Auba as options. The defence has been awful too. Toprak has outperformed Sokratis since he has gotten into the team. Zagadou is showing his lack of experience and being caught out often with balls in behind. Piszczek better defensively but poor in possession.

15. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Tough phase right now. We have no midfield and no control in the second half.

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Goal Auba, good counter but Yarmo deserves much credit for that goal.

17. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dahoud and Philipp come in. Would have felt safer had Yarmolenko remained on the pitch.

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nice goal Pulisic. Was just thinking that he wants it too much with his runs and missing the right moments to pass but as long as the end result is a win, I take it.

19. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I was just worrying about his previous hero-ball nutmeg run putting his team off, but then he did that. Happy belated birthday. Now Bruun Larsen needs his birthday gift.

20. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    more i watch yarmo, more i like him. dahoud did more in 13 mins than castro in entire match, but nothing new here i guess....

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It was a funny match. Out of the starting 11 only Yarmolenko, Auba and Burki actually had very good games. Overall I would say Toprak was good too. So many of the other players were bad to awful, but it was a comfortable win.

The really promising thing about that win is so many of the players starting should be in the second team. Dahoud looked good when he came on and helped give us control of the midfield. Pulisic got a good goal, but he was poor tonight.

LP is just terrible in possession now. Zagadou is still learning and looked shattered, hopefully he has a rest this weekend. I liked that Toprak and Bosz were in his ear giving him encouragement. It was also nice to see players actually playing in their best positions and playing well.

It's such a shame we had such a difficult group in the CL and had such a key game so early with so many injuries.

22. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, usually his runs are a great plus for the team when he creates space and opportunities for Dortmund and chaos for the opponent, but this time it looked like he had to prove something after a tough first half. It almost appeared as if it was more about showing his skills when better simpler options were available. As long as he can channel that ambition into goals, it's good, though.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think this was a solid performance by the squad. HSV played really well to clog up spaces. It is hard to blame the squad for not being able to play there usual possession game and then pass the ball up the pitch. Here are my ratings:

Bürki 7: We needed him and he came up big. Though HSV were awful with their shots.

LP 4: I am finding it difficult to justify giving him better ratings. He offered very little in offence. HSV let him off the hook by barely testing him either.

Sokratis 6: Decent performance

Toprak 7: He was better than expected

DAZ 7: He was excellent in the 2nd half. Always calm and collected despite being under pressure.

Max 4: Didn't have much to do

PEA 7: His running and build up play was quite good. Missed a chance he absolutely should have buried.

Mo 8: Got an assist, made the team more dangerous as soon as he came on. He deserves to start on a regular basis.

Sahin 4: Almost had an assist. He seems to get slower by the game. Didn't offer much at all. I think he left the defence far to exposed.

Yarmolenko 8: Likely the most useful player in the evening.

Castro 4: Likely the most useless player in the evening.

Pulisic 7: His confidence is soaring and it shows. First half was poor but he made up for it.

Kagawa 6: Glad he got a goal to open the scoring. But he has a long way to go to get back to how he was playing under TT.

PB 8: I think he got his tactics right this time. Let Shinji get some freedom. Didn't allow the team to have unnecessary possession. The defence needs to improve though. However, I think that was down to Sahin being rather poor.

24. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Sokratis is quite lucky he is the captain with Reus injured, Schmelzer injured and Sahin scheduled to be dropped. If Bartra comes back, then it is Sokratis, not Toprak whom deserves to make way.

It was good to see Bosz is pragmatic and not dogmatic on his style of football. Not only was he happy, but the team were very capable of going long.

25. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice that our defense needs to improve but we've managed all of these clean sheets. It's doing our differential wonders