BL MD 30: ***-BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, Apr 15, 2018.

1. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Important game against some randoms in blue. A win and the CL qualification would be getting so much closer. Despite the opponent, I'd take a draw though. With two of the remaining games against Leverkusen and Hoffenheim, we need every point and we cannot afford to lose against direct competition.

Bürki
    LP Sokratis Toprak Schmelzer
    Sahin Dahoud
    Pulisic Reus Philipp
    Bats

Bench: Weidenfeller, Akanji, Weigl, Götze, Castro, Sancho, Schürrle

Stöger tries the same lineup that got the win against Stuttgart but they looked shaky until the lucky 1:0. I can only hope that Sahin delivers again while he's fighting to still be in the team for the next season and that Goretzka's bad form continues. Otherwise we are screwed in midfield.

2. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Horrible football from Dortmund so far and very boring match

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, average game at best. The physical style doesn't suit us and it doesn't help that the ref missed a couple of clear fouls.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Not a surprise. We help our opponents to score.

5. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's incredible how bad Dortmund is playing...horrible bunch of average footballers, star player always injured and therefore when plays far from his best...just 2 seasons back under Tuchel they were playing the best football in Europe...sad that Liverpool defeat screwed up everything

podrinje repped this.
  6. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sadly, I agree.

What a disgrace. The team on the pitch is a reflection of the club's management. Weak, disjointed and feeble with no clear plan or strategy. Thank ******** Stöger now surely cannot remain for next season.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I just can't wait until the likes of Schmelzer and Sahin no longer play for the club. There is still talent in this club, but so many average players and there's no real team plan.

8. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lol at the wall's placement for Naldo's goal. What a joke. He had a free path to the goal.

9. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schurrle epitomises all that is wrong with this club

10. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has to go. As do Schmelzer, Sahin, Castro and Toprak. There are others that should leave too, but these 5 would be a good start.

Stöger has shown zero energy on the sidelines. Body language looks like he doesn't give a crap. He can leave the club today.

Quigs repped this.
  11. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I would disagree with this. Schurrle is a very, very expensive flop and poor signing. The board have lacked the courage to spend big often and I wouldn't say Schurrle.

I think Sahin or Schmelzer are the epitome of all that's wrong.

Things get even worse, it looks like Bats has a serious injury.

12. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Stoeger looks so uncomfortable , like he'd rather be anywhere else .

13. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully he will be anywhere else other then Dortmund very shortly.

14. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And now it looks like we lose Bats due to an injury. Might be his last game for us.

Horrible game. Schmelzer was the worst player for me, especially in the second half when his mistake lead to their first goal. This display was just as bad as the game against Salzburg. Playing like this, we are barely a EL level team. Leverkusen will be an even harder test for us. Even if we win against Mainz and Bremen, that might not be enough.

15. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would fire Stöger and Schmelzer immediately. That would shake everyone up a bit.

16. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Leverkusen next , cannot see us getting anything from that . Schalke look really united , players really bought into Todesco . Too many of our players look like they're going through the motions , no more , same goes for Stoeger .
    Hopefully Werder can beat Leipzig, otherwise we're in real trouble

17. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd wish he's off already tomorrow. I don't think he has any impact on the team. Not sure we'll make first 4 without him, but I'm convinced we'll not make it with him. We have Leverkusen next week, and games against Mainz and Werder are not won yet, not mentioning Hoffenheim. With display like today it's not even sure we'll make the EL...

18. Scheherazade

Scheherazade Member

Jun 4, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bats may miss the run in and maybe even the world cup with a broken ankle. Werder did us a solid to hold the cans to a point, top four could still go down to the wire at Hoffenheim and goal difference.

19. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Lothar Matthaus, afer the Bayern game, said that there is no team unity with Dortmund, that the players do not play for each other and that has been on full display today. The lack of leadership on this team is immense and has been a huge detriment to the team. This has to be the primary focus this offseason with respect to squad overhaul and even coaching. This team needs a motivator as much as a tactician for a coach and badly.

20. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    That was so uninspiring I couldn't even bother looking to see what people had to say for 24 hours. I think expecting anything more out of this season is pointless. There are too many passengers. There are moments of individual quality (e.g. Sokratis made some nice defensive plays) but ever anything where you say "nice combination play!" I mean, a single back-heel that gets somewhere would stand out. I know Yarmo isn't everyone's favorite, but I think he brought some crafty passing that has been missed. Now Batshuayi is down, and he was the only other one who showed that flair.

At this point I just hope Reus stays healthy and the scouts are working hard to identify targets from the summer.