BL: Berlin vs BVB

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Mar 11, 2017.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed. He had his chances. I mean if he were to truly become a good defender there ought to have been signs. Those signs are in his goals allowed.

2. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Too bad his replacement is the legendary Ömer Toprak.

bvbSlash and sanky repped this.
  3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

4. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know why he said that. Looking at the injury and the replay I sympathize with him. But to say that's what he does is silly and petty. Dembélé gets fouled A LOT. He doesn't get protection from the refs.

7. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and why was Weiser kicking the ball away at all..... that's what ultimately caused the issue.

I really don't like Demebele's theatrics.... but Weiser still acted like a tool and escalated the situation.

8. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    hava and Gilma1990 repped this.
  9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Frustrating match. Berlin did well defensively. They had structure and numbers behind the ball. But our guys were at times pretty aimless.
    Yeah it's not working out with Ginter at CB ad we are well stocked at RB and DM so he should probably be moved along, which is a shame as he idetifies with the club and can be pretty useful. Shinji was good though, plenty of fight and some ifty passing and turns, I would like to see him start. Accordig to TT, Merino is apparently close to gettig ito the starting 11, will he partner Weigl or play at CB?
    And Schurle was pretty dissapointing too, offered little going forward. But let's not forget, Berlin are very strong at home.

10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Read all the comments and it seems to have been a disappointing game. I am not too shocked by this, though I wanted to win both, Wednesday was the key game.

It annoys me that Tuchel decided to change the formation to the 4-1-4-1, which has never worked for us. If that's not true please correct me. It's this stupid tinkering that annoys me.

It annoys me that Tuchel once again decided to play players out of position like Raphael and Kagawa (who I read is good).

The match against Lotte is more important.

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He didn't change the formation. Instead of playing LP at RCB he played MS at LCB. I was wrong when I said Raphael is playing out of position. He wasn't. He played at LWB. I don't think the coach is a fault here. The players let him down. Castro was poor, Durm ineffective and Ginter cost us two goals. Schmelzer was absolutely useless. Schurrle invisible going forward.

PEA, Kagwa and Baryta were fine. Raphael and Weigl were ok as well.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    This is not much better. Schmelzer is not a LCB.
    Hopefully Passlack gets his chance on Tuesday and can make the position his own.

Ginter has probably mentally checked out, he knows he is leaving. Sad to think Toprak is going to join this mess. The board should just take control and sign another centre back. Any complaint from Tuchel and they can point to all the money he has wasted.

bvbSlash repped this.
  13. kbvb

kbvb Member

May 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    We started the 2nd half quite well and had enough chances to score 3 goals. Auba should have passed the ball on 2 occasions. TT was 5-10 mins late in bringing Pulisic/Dembele on.

Schurrle was the worst player on the pitch. Poor dribbling, average first touch and clueless after receiving the ball - can't believe he cost us 30m. I cannot see him playing for us anywhere except at striker position (I guess he played in that position for few months at Chelsea).
    Weigl was disappointing as well, too many misplaced passes that led to dangerous attacks on us. Maybe he needs some rest.
    Kagawa was good. He still has it in him and I want TT to use him on regular basis to boost his confidence.
    I see some change in Bartra's body language, which is a positive sign. It's good to hear Bender coming back. We need him.

14. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I can sign under everything kbvb wrote. Have thought for a long time that Weigl is overestimated by many of you. Let's give Merino a chance, but not for the last 5 min

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Merino should have got the min that Castro got all season long.

16. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Weigl overrated? I vehemently disagree!

There is little doubt in my mind that he will become a Toni Kroos caliber player in the coming years.

kbvb, bvbSlash and MatthausSammer repped this.
  17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's our best central midfielder by a distance. He's literally carrying the BVB midfield on his shoulders. It's laughable to even suggest that he's overrated.