BL 2016/17 Matchday 32: BVB - Hoppenheim

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by hava, May 6, 2017.

1. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can agree on that, but to win trophies you need to win more decisive, like Bayern does

2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Omg Hertha played like champs against us. Now they shit the bed against RB.

3. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He has shown so much more class and ability than Watzke. He could easily have lashed back, and been justified in doing so, but he took the high road.

bvbSlash repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely. Aside from his desire to sign average and expensive players, he's so much more than an exceptional coach. We stand to lose way more than just a cerebral figure on the touchline. Plus we end up losing the ability to attract talented players like Dembélé.

People forget so easily, how TT took the same squad that fought relegation under JK to a record breaking year.

The fact that we don't have Hummels and Mikhitaryan is completely down to Watzke. I mean Hoeneß's club shits on Mats father and his early career and still manages to lure him back to Munich. JK and BVB turn him into a superstar and Watzke can't manage to keep him. This level of incompetency is what you'd see at Stuttgart, and the blue clubs from Munich and Ruhrpott. Watzke has undone a lot of good work by Mislintat, TT and perhaps even Zorc. Just like JKs time was up, so is his.

5. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Why in the 7 hell is Auba still taking the penalties?!?!? He always seems to be missing them. He's very bad under that sort of pressure, he just can't deal with it... Who decides who takes the penalty? Is it TT or the players decide themselves?

z0mb1e repped this.
  6. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yup, they face Bayern at home & Frankfurt away - two tough games.

7. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #32 z0mb1e, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Auba may be one of the league's top scorers, but he definitely doesn't translate well in to a PK taker; Reus should be in charge of taking them or someone else, than PEA.

8. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    is it only me or every player that peoples here intend to sell has been playing good for the team? first sahin,now ginter and rode today....
    except park,he's definitely a lost cause

9. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Just what is so exceptional with him? Yes, he's charismatic and well spoken, but when it comes to results, I don't know. Have seen too many bad games (last with Köln, but can mention also Darmstadt, Ingolstadt, Bayern BL etc) to convince me of his qualities. Also his priorities are sometimes questionable (Weidenfelder, Castro, Durm, Pisczek Schmelzer etc), and as rumors say that most of them are staying, I wouldn't mind to see someone new, to bring the team to a higher level.
    And as you praize his first season, the second one shows if the quality is real (look at Darmstadt and Ingolstadt, next season hopefully also Leipzig).
    And whom would I like to see here? Hasenhüttl and Nagelsman are my favorits

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He isn't perfect. But he's the best coach available out there and for a young and ambitious squad like ours.

The Toprak and Schürrle decisions should have been dealt with by Zorc.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  11. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't get me wrong, I think Nagelsman is a great coach - but imho I don't believe he is at Tuchel's level.