bini's babes

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    When Umeå doubled was the expectation as high on Sweden? Or even England when Arsenal were the cat's meow?

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    At the time Arsenal had the best of Wales, Scotland and Ireland and England in 2007 well, it was same game plan as today as seen against the USA at the Wc2007 ( lmao)

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i think a big part of LG's wanting to stay in lyon was that she was at home here in a way that didn't lend itself to just picking up and leaving, a house with a big garden instead of an apartment, and which she won't be able to duplicate in paris.

Virany repped this.
  4. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007

They may have had the best of the UK but in terms of who actually played Arsenal were as English as Lyon is French, they played three non-English players in the cup final.

5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes that can be true , she stayed for many reasons which are not all related to the pitch probably.

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Les Bleues met Football Reporters in a serie of various games and smashed them to pieces, winning absolutely everything...
    A very nice video with some funny moments, particularly the "blinded test". See how the always very talkative Camille Abily tries to lead a blind Julie Soyer, hilarious ! She keeps saying "Look at me ! Look, look !" when poor Julie is blind-folded... :D

7. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The french D17 channel is geoblocked....:cry:

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Boulleau and Necib, slightly injured are not playing.
    Bouhaddi - Franco, Georges, Renard, Houara - Abily, Thiney, Soubeyrand (c) - Thomis, Delie, Le Sommer.

9. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    GOAL Australia after an aerial outing missed by Bouhaddi. Butt scores 0-1 35'

10. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    H-T France 0-1 Australia
    Could be better for France. Nécib and Boulleau are missing a lot !
    Best French in first half : Thiney, Thomis, Georges, Soubeyrand.
    Less good : Le Sommer, Bouhaddi, Abily.

11. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Big win for the Westfield Matildas.

12. Virany

Virany Member

Nov 6, 2011
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

debzy, Gromit06 and gricio61 repped this.
  13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i share your basic take but in a minor key. none of these were any good, but your best were less bad. in the first half at least. after that...

it takes a strong stomach to listen to delperier talk about outrageous domination by a team that, despite a clear possession advantage, constructed little and finished nothing. and gave up two. sure sarah blew it but the corner itself was... unnecessary. we'll put it that way.

i have only one thing to say: girls, better learn to cook.

14. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Bernard Lacombe, stop pretending being Guignol ! :p

15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't want to worry you guys , but to resolve the shooting accuracy Bini invented a game called the "goals challenge" or something like that and who won was Sabrina Delannoy CB......:eek: :unsure:
    Guignol CARTON JAUNE !:p

Gromit06 and blissett repped this.
  16. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    judging from that video................ France are supposed to be the favorites???????????

17. dearg1974

dearg1974 New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I'm just checking but this could be a factor. Ramadan is starting in France from July 9th to August 8th. How religious is Louisa Necib? I'm pretty sure this is non-negotiable.

blissett repped this.
  18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What are you talking about ???

19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Despite being a well known star at least in France , Louisa is a mystery , she lives a very private life it's hard to talk with her in fact some Lyons supporters say she acts like a diva...but I think is just her nature . It's not the first time that France will participate in a tournament during the Ramadan so Necib , Bouhaddi , Houara , Benameur already know how to deal with it...it will not be a problem. ;)

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    what does it matter if it's ramadan in france? the tournament is in sweden.

actually no one is forced to observe ramadan, and athletes can be specifically dispensed from doing so. there are muslims riding in the TdF and it's clear they can't fast, i have no idea if louisa does so. i think sarah might. i'm fairly certain lattaf does. and ramadan is toughest in june-july when the days are longest (the fact they're even longer in sweden has no bearing).

21. dearg1974

dearg1974 New Member

Jun 29, 2013
    There was an interesting programme regarding muslim players in the English Premiership. From their perspective especially when having to wear gambling sponsorship on clothing. The muslim players they spoke to did fast and said naturally evening matches become a problem.

22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Louisa is still slightly injured (psoas) and hasn't trained for some days. She probably won't play against Russia.

23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Louisa doesn't look happy, being unable to train with her friends :(
    [​IMG]

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am not good at anatomy: I didn't even know what a psoas is until one of my friend was struck by a bad lesion at that muscle.
    I hope Nécib's one isn't as bad as that friend of mine's, because he suffered with a quite long recovery... :(

25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I feel worried by your words... (can't add an sad emoticon, they all have gone... it seems I have serious problem with my computer today...)