[BigSoccer News] Podolski wins young player award

Discussion in 'BBC Football' started by BigSoccer Bot, Jul 7, 2006.

1. deyna199

deyna199 Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    man to tell you the truth I havent been all that impressed with him this tournament......I know he is capable of playing a lot better.......i dunno what it was, maybe the lack of confidence after a tough season at Koln, but he didn't look all there.......his first touch let him down on numerous ocassions, in several games a routine pass would bounce off him as if it hit a wall at a high rate of speed.......also, in the argentina game he made several uncharacteristic back passes that he was lucky not to get punished for.......he also missed some great chances against italy and Poland (I'll forgive him for those)......I dunno, I am impressed with his goal scoring record for a first time out, but he could of played much better overall, this is a guy that is known for a great first touch and killer splitting passes, he can also carry the ball a lot better than he showed in some instances.......i guess it is a learning experience since he is so young, but he is capable of better

If Ronaldo wasnt such a diving little shit he should of gotten this award easily........he was definately the most impressive out of the youngsters at the WC in terms of footballing ability, but his constant cheating makes me lose a lot of respect for him......its pathetic......the whining about the red card on rooney is irrelevant for me, but the diving, god..........its the single reason fifa never gave him the young player award, considering they were trying to stamp this crap out and he is a ********ing oscar winner at it..........