Biggest robbery in Copa Libertadores history goes to??

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Argentine Futbol, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Biggest robbery was the 1990 Final Between Barcelona and Olimpia.. Barcelona flat out won that one. I used to have it on Vhs tape but I lost it. Incredible how that jackoff Loustau ref that game..

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'm a big Copa Libertadores history nut and i've heard many stories about this game. I would love to see it. Any idea where I can get the video?

3. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    ask me :mad:

that was the most infamous game in history
    i still remember that game, the referee was juan carlos lousan and i hate him :mad: i think he was from Argentina, i know not all Argentinian referees are like him, but he was so bad
    i dont have the tape but the game is on my mind :mad:

4. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    there were like 50000 people screaming in tha stadium, everything was so nice!!!
    and that referee stole us

5. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Were you there or in your daddy's nuts?

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I had every final since 87 recorded but I lost it in Germany.. Uquillas goal was on side and the retaking of the penalty which Acosta missed the second time was ridiculous..I have no idea where you can get a copy, it would be nice if someone had it on DVD.

7. tiburon

tiburon New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL
    someone please tell me about this game, sounds interesting..

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    In 2001, Palmeiras, which was a shell of the 1999 champion team and weaker than the team that ended as 2nd in 2000, was giving Boca Juniors all it could handle in La Bombonera. Boca managed a draw that night because the referee didn't give a penalty call to Palmeiras and invented one to Boca.

In 2002, Olimpia received the referee's help: a pk that Olimpia failed to score was ordered by the ref for a retake. Gremio was on a roll that year, having ousted River Plate (with a 4-0 beating in Porto Alegre after a 1-2 win in Nunez) and Nacional of Uruguay.

In 2004, Santos Laguna got screwed in the PK shootout vs. River Plate. A River player's shot went straight to the middle; the goalkeeper simply raised his arms to deflect it like a volleyball player. But the ref ordered that the kick be re-taken... and River advanced.

This is recent. A lot of my SPFC fans who saw the final vs. Velez Sarsfield say the ref was blatantly pro-Velez.

I am glad this thread was started. It shows acknowledgement from CONMEBOL fans that our continent's club tourney has had some really crappy refereeing and cheating - the likes of which has not been seen in the CL since.... well when was it seen? :confused:

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow talk about the kettle and the pot.. wasent there a certain PK taken by River vs Barcelona that hit the bar and passed the line but the ref didnt allow it? shyt happens, idk why everyone makes excuses when Olimpia wins the Libertadores, i remmember another kid claiming we won that year because the president of Conmenbol was Paraguayan, gimme a break.... :rolleyes:

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Truth hurts.

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Loustau just flat out disliked Ecuador Period. I give credit where credit is due.. Olimpia didn't deserve to win that particular Copa Lib and that was flat out Robbery. i've seen the game plenty of times.. Loustau called an offside on Uquillas Goals but the line ref didn't raise his flag and was running to mid-field!!! The retaking of the Penalty kick was awful... Barcelona was the better Club and should have won. Olimpia went to the Copa Intercontinental and got their ass raped 3-0.. Thank God for Mass Television.. Hopefully that will never happen again.. eventhough that Liga de Quito -Peñarol game was awful!!

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In that case we would have won tons of Libertadores and qualified to every tournament.. Olimpia was in 6 finals and only won 3 Libertadores, damn so the president helped us get to the first finals in 1960 too? wow i didnt know he was around that long... :rolleyes:

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just like Barcelona didnt deserve to go to the finals in the first place....

River had that game just like Barcelona "had" it against Olimpia, Barcelona pratically had the same fate that River had vs them.. its called Karma.

14. tiburon

tiburon New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL

seems all the refs like to screw over good ecuadorian teams :(

15. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    what!!!!!!!!!! what did we do to River?

we just won on penalties, isnt that fair?

16. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Correct me if im wrong but River had a penalty shoot that hit the bar and passed the line but the ref dissallowed it claiming it didnt

17. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    i didnt see that ball going inside!

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ofcourse you didnt, your Ecuadorian.. now im sure if that was Olimpia in Barcelona's place, people would go mad about how we cheated River. Or if Barcelona and Olimpia switched places noone would be here complaining how Olimpia got robbed, bunch of Olimpia haters.. im not saying we won that one fair and square but things happen in futbol with tons of different teams so i dont know why everyone is always up in Olimpia's ass.

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No they didn't. Do you actually think some ref is going to go against River plate??? especially 15 years ago!!! it went to penalties and River lost. Period!! Barcelona was the best club that year..I never said i dislike Olimpia. Great Club..great players. The last Olimpia that won the Copa was Great.. but they didn't deserve to win the 90 CL.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    in 90 we didnt deserve to win, yea ill be the first one to admit that but we did and people need to deal with it, alot of people would say Argentina didnt deserve to beat England because of Maradona scoring with his hand but Argentina won and thats that. All i'm saying is whats done is done and shyt happens in futbol, bad refeering happens all the time and people need to deal with it.

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are talking about something totally diferent.. Are you saying the Ref saw the Hand of God and didn't call it? after watching that Copa lib Final plenty of time. Barcelona never had a chance..

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I never stated I agree with the theory that a Paraguayan as CONMEBOL president helped Olimpia. I did say that the truth hurts; as w/ River Plate vs. Santos Laguna in 2004, a ref's baseless decision - to have a pk retaken after the player had missed - influenced the outcome of Gremio vs. Olimpia in 2003.

23. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    grande Morales cuando le ganamos al river en penales en el maravilloso monumental de guayaquil,
    aqui en esta foto le ataja un penalazo al jugador de River y despues se arrodilla y quedo para la historia con su buzo de colores de arco iris aquel uniforme de arquero que todos los Barcelonistas recuerdan ahora esta en un museo

esta foto le dio la vuelta al mundo ,vean todo la foto y veran como se arrodilla Morales cuando atajo el penal

24. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    The thing that pissed me off about the Santos-River Plate game was that all the announcers agreed that the call was an absolute joke. I remember some of the Argentine people on Gol TV saying the referee should be banned for life.

Another thing: Santos had to win that game at River Plate to even get to penalty kicks. No one, including myself, thought they would do it but they did.

25. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru