Big Soccer World Draft

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by comme, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok doky, these are the posters I'm going to ask to be judges..

Motterman
    Alex_1
    kopiteinkc
    Haven
    The Wanderer (if he's around)

if the Wanderer is not around, I'll ask Johann Neeskens or Apponnuu (whatever his name is) or AFCA

any comments? Are these sound judges? Any recommendations?

2. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

neeskens nah, AFCA probably won't want to - apoo would probably do it

3. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Segroves

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Skipshady.
    tpmazembe

5. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just thought it would be funny if jon went and PMed segroves about this. Segroves would probably tell him to die in a fire or acid bath or something. :D

6. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

I thought the whole point of this draft was so ppl can learn about different soccer players man you guys are too much into this thing.

There is like 10 different threads about how it is decided so which one should i post on?

7. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But it will never really be decided, sure, the winners will earn bragging rights, but this will continue to be a source of debate and fun for a long time!

8. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    me too kitty, me too.

Oh well, some people just aren't happy unless there is a winner to everything. just post your team in the roster thread in Beautiful Game.

I thought i would have people post their rosters in my private forum to kind of keep the clutter in the public forums down. oh well.

9. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ok I will ask

Motterman
    Alex_1
    tpmazembe
    haven
    koptiekc
    skipshady
    apoononu
    the Wanderer

to be our judges

Will we have a separate thread for every match?

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i think we can keep them all in one thread

11. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Has someone come with an official procedure so I can PM it to them?

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Why isnt any of your players sporting #10

oh and thanks for telling us how to defeat your team :)

i would keep my tactical notes fo the use of the judges only :D

13. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was preliminary tactics. They've changed already. And will probably change again.

About the lack of a #10: I've said several times before that playmaking on this team is by committee, no single offensive focus for opponents to shut down. Also, I went with numbers that the players have actually worn for club or country.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The teams have been split into 4 groups of 4. Each team will "play" each of the teams in their group once. The 2 top teams will advance to the elimination round... the judges will each vote on a winner for each match. Fairly simple...

15. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have the final rosters ANYWHERE?

thanks

16. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I accept. I actually accpeted in the thread started by Harry but I guess I'll do it here. Like said over there I promise to be as objective as possible and only look at given lineups, and the tactics that the owner will use. Question though, what about current form? Some of these guys will be injured through the tournament, are going to play this like everyone is 100% and in-form?

17. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    That's the only way this can be done. Otherwise the psychic amongst us have a clear advantage :D

18. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Um, I would suggest you take a look in the draft of drafts thread. we want as many people with a superb depth of knowledge of the game as possible! Also people with as much knowledge of the leagues involved in this draft as ir neccesary.

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

in deureriumoxide's sig, there is a link - every team should be posting their final roster in that thread

20. Harry Ottis Guff

Harry Ottis Guff BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 2, 2003
    Im gonna slap you!
    No one is taking over my team. I have shown my brother this thread and told him to take my place when I leave. Unfortunately there is something phucked up with my browser and I cant log out with Harry for him to log in with a different name. If anyone knows how to sort this I would aprreciate it. If not, he will just have to post under my name!

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

ummm click log out in the top right corner?

i forgot about your bro, sorry - i wasnt trying to give your team away

22. Harry Ottis Guff

Harry Ottis Guff BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 2, 2003
    Im gonna slap you!
    Hey Blue, I tried clicking on log out but it wont work. It say "all cookies clear" and when I go back to the forum board I am stilllogged in as Harry. Alex gave me some tips but so far they havent worked, although I will try again. I think its a probem with my browser, but if I cant log out, I will make sure that my brother leaves a small message with every post so people know it is not the HOG posting but his bro!

23. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll just post something here so the link is handy.

24. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    karma whore

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Judging should start today I think... no reason not to... for some reason only 13 teams have posted their lineups in the link provided in the signature above.. but I think most have posted their formations... lets get on with this though... anyone who has not posted their stuff by now, certainly has had enough time to do so...

Link 1 goes to team formations.. 12 in total actually

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107173

Link 2 goes to the team list in Deutermoxide's personal forum... judge away!

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/show...671#post2395671

I guess if you don't have the information on a team.. just don't judge those match ups yet.. hopefull by the time yall are done judgin those that are complete the others will have done as they were supposed to... if not, then they will take a forfeit for each match (should play their opponents in alphabetical order so that it is objective in deciding who gets a forfeit in case they show up and post information...) until they show up.

I suggest that the judges decide which group they will do first and announce the ties/match-ups from that group - after which the managers involved will have 12 hrs to respond by posting updated lineups and strategies for that particular tie....
    Then complete that group and post the results of the round of matches here...

you guys can each post your "matches" here just saying for example... Team A vs. Team B... Judge Q selects Team B as the winner, their strength in midfield and tactics gave them the edge.. then once all of you have voted in this matter, it will be obvious as to who has won...

then go onto the next group... and follow suit... or if u want u can list the match-ups for all the groups at once and simply state the date that the games will be "played" (in other words when u will decide on them) and we can make our tactics/selections known and u can judge...