Best Under jersey base layer?

Discussion in 'Apparel & Training Gear' started by jaguar11, Feb 25, 2011.

1. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I have one of the vapor tops and one of the Nike pro s/s shirts. The Vapor top is very comfortable+supportive but can be tough getting on and off(there's a small plastic-ish strip on the bottom of the shirt that fights you when taking it off, but gives a great seal so it doesn't move around). I've had the Netherlands & Arsenal versions for a couple months now.

The Nike Pro shirt is great for the price, but I'd recommend the one step above with the vented back if you play in warmer climates. It fits great throughout imho and you can get them in almost any color. I personally don't like the neck-line or overall fit of the techfit shirts so I've never purchased one to try. I have a couple friends that swear by the Techfit PowerWeb shirts but I don't like the fact the arms are a bit long for my liking.

I know it's kinda random but the WC 2010 England baselayer shirt is very comfortable if your looking something non-compression. I use my L/S every week during the colder months here and I'm pretty sure you could pick one up now for cheap just to try. I hope this helps man.

3. Greggy

Greggy Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I got techfit shirts, different models, nike pro vent and under armour, no need to think too long, under Armor is the best base layer you can get. it's not heavy, very confortable, and not expensive and there is plenty of models for the different weather and temperatures.

4. Woodworm

Woodworm Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Bristol, England
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have a couple of Adidas 1s and Nikes 1s and head and shoulders above is the Adidas Powerweb stuff. it may come at a price but is really good stuff. it may be physiological but it feels like you move quicker due to the elastic pulling ur muscles back. and it is also good to preventing injuries.

I also use the powerweb shorts as i suffer from hamstring injuries a lot and they have disappeared since wearing them.

5. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    thanks for the input guys, I will be going to a Nike and Adidas store and I will try the vapor and techfit shirts. I am leaning towards the techfit shirt right now simply because of the lower price but I will try both out and see if the vapor top is worth the money. Thanks again.

6. jaguar11

jaguar11 Member

May 5, 2010
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ok i have decided to get the nike pro vapor top. Can someone give me an idea of how the sizing is? I am 6 feet 1, pretty lean, im thinking about either medium or large. any help would be appreciated :)

7. TommyGooner

TommyGooner New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm 5'11" and between 170-175 pounds. I have a medium in both of mine just because I prefer my baselayers tight to actually get the compression benefit. I wear M's in jerseys to give you a guideline.

8. yaohua

yaohua New Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    AA Coruripe
  9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wear Nike Pro, I do have some skins/underarmour gear too, but i find the sleeves too baggy on the cold gear underarmour does.

appleCORR

10. steve_gullit

steve_gullit New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I have underarmour one. I bought on sale so it's a great deal. Preferred Nike but the deal made me change my mind