Best Team In Each World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Renato Goulart, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Hideo

Hideo Member

Newcastle United and Shimizu S-Pulse
    Apr 30, 2010
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Decisions, decisions. Before all of that, Italy blew it themselves. Regardless of the hopeless referee, Italy could and should have won the game anyway. That you didn't do so is your own fault. Panucci flapped like a girl to gift Korea's equaliser, but far worse was the open goal missed by Vieri is stoppage time at the end of the 90 minutes. Had he scored an easy goal Italy were through and any subsequent extra-time drama/corruption/scandal/incompetence would never have happened.

Vieri had the power to avoid it all, but missed the easiest of tap-ins.

I don't pretend to deny that later decisions were decidedly iffy - although I think Spain suffered worse in the quarter finals to be honest. But I'm just adding a bit of perspective given the comment by Pirlopurity that "Things go for and against you. Only biased people see things one way. It goes both."

I'm pointing out the other way of seeing that match. I know that you and many won't agree and that's fine, but it wasn't as straightforward as Italy being beaten by the ref.

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Hideo

Hideo Member

Newcastle United and Shimizu S-Pulse
    Apr 30, 2010
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Erm...where to begin?

For one I didn't mention any of the controversial incidents in the game, let alone only one of them. I subsequently have in another post but not when you decided to lay into me.

Secondly - do you know me? How do you know I lack common sense, that I'm too dumb to read, and am a bitter person? You got all that from one sentence? Impressive stuff.

I'll leave the casual keyboard abuse to you. It's beneath me.
    Disagree with me by all means, but your abuse says more about you than it does about me.

Pipiolo repped this.