Best player in 2018 so far

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Stokstaartje95, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Stokstaartje95

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    Let's share our thoughts on the best player in 2018!

My go is Pernille Harder.

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    After three months, it is a bit early. I will have Bethany Mead :)

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yes, most leagues haven't even started or have just one match under their belts! :laugh:

Anyway, since Westfield-W-League is included in 2018 (the match for the title was in the middle of February), I'd go with Jessica Fishlock, who was surely impressive in that league! :cool: Yes, Wales subsequently did quite bad at Cyprus Cup, only placing 8th out of 12th, but this is not on Fishlock, who hasn't team-mates of the same caliber in NT.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was Pernille's biggest fan last year(before she joined WOB & way before the Euro's) but her failure to impress/almost MIA in her friendly vs US(earlier this year). Plus remember, WOB's ultra strong wing play with the likes of Pajor, Hansen, Basse & Wulleart helps take such a commanding lead in that's leagues goal scoring stat.

I go with the future;
    19 year old's Patricia Guijarro of Spain(she looked her NT's best player when they won the Cyprus Cup & Terna Davidson CB for the US at She Believes where they only allowed one goal in three games vs the next 3 FIFA top rated teams in the world

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Babett Peter

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    might have to agree with you on this one, brilliant performance, just days after your post

7. Stokstaartje95

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Twente 1965
    How about Groenen on the midfield giving key passes to Mead on the flanks and Harder in the center (possibly with Caro somewhere on the midfield/wing)? I think this reflects 2018 quite well in the offense :)