best method in rating certain player in 1 match

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by el-torero, Sep 26, 2014.

1. el-torero

el-torero Member

Aug 10, 2011
    malaysia
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what is the best method in rating certain player in 1 match?

1) full video in 1 match
    pros:
    had everything you can find for in measuring how good the player is
    con:
    its hard to focus certain player unless you edit this full video & just focus the certain player that you want to rate

2) video on certain player in 1 match
    pros:
    easier to measuring how good the player is
    con:
    this video can be considered flaw when you only edited & show only the good part of the certain player. It should be everything that player did on the pitch whether it was good or bad

3) stat
    pros:
    goal, assist, tackle, keeper save etc stat can be use in measuring how good the player is
    con:
    there is no stat on the strength or weakness of the opponent player they faced in the match (example)

anything that you want to add?

i put this thread here cause it relate to the rating of all players include the legendary one

2. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    it all depends on what you expect or value them.

Let me ask you:
    1- Player A making 300 passes all 90mins but his team lost , or player B who barely made 50 passes, but ended up scoring the winner goal for the team?

2- GK A making 10 simple saves but ended up lost 2 goals, or a GK B walking around 80mins but saved a clear shot on goal to keep 0-1 win?

3. el-torero

el-torero Member

Aug 10, 2011
    malaysia
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i agree on the part of what we expect or value them, in this case, is better to rate the player based on the position

for question:
    no.1
    i can rate a part of player A performance cause i don't know whether his 300 passes is key pass, or just side pass, but in term of passing ability, he was great cause no every player can manage to pass in high quantity let alone 300 passes

same goes to player B, i don't know whether his scoring is one goal per shot or one goal per 100 shots, if the former, i rated him as a great in finishing, but did quite ok in playmaking department if he did not receive enough pass by his teamates

4. el-torero

el-torero Member

Aug 10, 2011
    malaysia
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    let me add some more method

4) commentator on that match
    pros:
    it helps if the commentator is good in judging player
    con:
    if the commentator is not good in judging player, it will give a wrong impression on that player

5. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    #5 JamesBH11, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    Well common sense mate
    1- No one coudl make more than 10 key passes per game in average out of 100 passes max per game .. (300 was sarcastic exaggerated number)
    ==> to be specific: Xavi made 90+ passes but no goals in WC or Rossi82 made 30passes but scored goals

2- Note I sarcastically said he walked for 80mins then scored 1 winner goal, so he could not possibly shot more than 3 to 5 per game. Average max shots per game for a striker = 9,10
    ===> Specifically: A torres running up down connecting MF ... but scoreless, or a Diego COsta, walking around most games, and boum scored the winner?