Benzema, Valdano or Pérez Lasa. Who Shot JM? The Jose Mourinho Thread IV

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Horsehead, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Karim?

[​IMG]

Valdano?

[​IMG]

Pérez Lasa?

[​IMG]

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Re: Benzema, Valdano or Pérez Lasa? The Who Shot JM? Thread

Nice :D

3. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait

Nice indeed :D

4. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

The creepy Valdano picture is my favorite. :D

5. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Valdano looks like that smiley.

6. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Very nicely done. :D

Maca's idea was ok but Horsey's execution is just fantastic.

8. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Can't rep Horsey.... but much better than I would have done.;)

9. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jose: Is there something stuck on my butt?
    Valdano: (Smiles)
    Jose: (Now feeling worried by Valdano's Smile).

Brilliant thread btw horsey! You should have got my rep.

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Fear not all, I have given our esteemed Lady Super Moderator a mymy rep which is the highest praise that can be bestowed upon a thread starter as even her soon-to-be Skittle barfing dog was pleased.

She's set for life :D

11. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

Damn.... a rep from mymy is almost as rare a sighting as a laudrup rep. :eek:

12. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice thread-starter, Horsey. And clever title, Maca. With that aside...

As a Sporting/General Director, I said, what has he done for Real Madrid that is so important? What makes Valdano so indispensable?

Mourinho has already improved this team considerably. He's also been correct about a lot of things when Valdano has been obviously wrong. He also has a ridiculous trophy haul (what is it? 17 trophies in 7 years?) that he has on his resume, he's won the fans over (helped inspired the Bernabeu Ultras to come alive again), and he's won his team over. His personality and talents are second-to-none, and if we lose him, the only coaches left for us would be a major downgrade. And, I think we will lose important players, and our ridiculous situation will only make other great players not want to join us.

Maybe Mou has gone about some things the wrong way, or maybe people weren't listening to him so he wanted to bring it up in the media. But, content-wise, Mourinho's been right. I trust his judgement over Valdano's.

I'd love for that to happen, I'd love for them to get along, work together and be civil. But based on their history (Valdano saying Mourihho's destroying football and everything else he said), and how they are getting on now, do you really think that this relationship is gonna work?

Based on what you've written, I think you suspect that there's a good chance one of them will be axed. Based on Perez's relationship with Valdano, I feel like it will be Mou that will have to go, and I think that is a serious mistake.

Obviously, you're right, we don't know for sure how this going to work out. But, realistically, I think we can make some educated predictions.

IF somebody had to go, based on what we know now, would most of us want Mou to stay or would we feel like keeping Valdano around is more important, at the cost of letting go of Mourinho? I think it's a simple enough question, and I'd like for people to honestly answer that question, because I'm curious to know what people really think.

Are you serious? I'm sure Mourinho wanted to keep Raul, but he told Raul he'd probably (not certainly, it's out of character for Mourinho to say that a player doesn't have a chance)be a third choice option if he did. Of course Mourinho would give him a chance to prove himself in training and in games, but for the most part, Raul would be coming off the bench, as most of us here would've wanted. None of us were complaining much when this happened under Pellegrini.

With all due respect, this whole "Mourinho messed up in the summer by not forcing Raul to say with Real Madrid, even though he'd a be 3rd choice striker" argument is completely ridiculous, and now you guys are just reaching for excuses.

Raul was being realistic, and realized he's probably not going to beat out the likes of Higuain and Benzema, and he didn't want to waste his last years as a footballer hoping for an injury on their part. Raul was being ambitious and realistic, Mourinho didn't have a choice.

Grow up, man. I've been supporting this club since 2003. I wish I've been supporting longer so I could've actually seen us achieve some respectability in the Champion's League first-hand and enjoyed some of that glory, but here I am regardless.

Yes, I admire Mourinho's qualities as a professional and his success (and, yes, I admire his wittiness and intelligence), but the only reason I defend him so much on here is because of my steadfast belief and hopes of what he can accomplish with Real Madrid. That's all I care about. If I honestly thought that Mourinho was hurting up the club in some way more than he was making us stronger, then I'd be the first to rant about him getting fired. And when Mourinho leaves the club, I'm not going to be frequenting the forum of his next club or anything like that. I will still be here, talking about Real Madrid, because that is my club. So, don't give me that shit. :rolleyes:

If we lose Mourinho, it won't be the end of the world, Madrid will win again and be successful at some point, but we will be taking a serious step backwards and the repercussions will be significant. That's my take.

This is the guy that should be managing the first team, and he should be allowed to work and show why he's been so successful, and we're already seeing the fruits of his labor.

Argue with that instead talking out of your ass, 9Qui.

13. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I think we know where everyone stands on the issues regarding Mourinho so why don't we call a truce and see how this plays out between now and the end of the transfer window. What this little distraction has managed to do is take away from the fact that this team at the present time, no matter how many forwards we do or do not have on our roster, have been off color for a few weeks (like back when Mouriho said Kaka would be his winter signing :D). It will be interesting to see how the next few games unfold and how the boys respond.

14. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Now thats a thread starter. I can say almost at my level of wittiness.

I think I got a rep from Laudrup a while ago...mymy on the other hand is a hard one to please. :D

15. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    All those trophies were won with him as S.D. -I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

16. Don Nino El Dios

Don Nino El Dios Proud to be White

Mar 30, 2008
    La Casa Blanca
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol my mistake, I looked quickly and thought "World Club Cup" just said "World Cup." I thought you were still talking about his playing career.

Well then, it seems he has nice track record, but him and Perez's policies also ended screwing up what was a very impressive, winning side, taking apart a very good group to sign superstars, some of which were replacing players that were pretty important to our team, if my reading of Real Madrid history is correct.

For all of everyone's "Mourinho's not perfect/all-knowing/god" or whatever, clearly neither is Valdano. My point is, maybe we should trust Mourinho a little more. Give him a real shot. And the first step to doing that is to get the guy a decent, experienced back-up striker for the remainder of the season (I think we all agree on that).

And, Maca, I'm not insinuating that you disagree with that point either. I'm just stating it.

17. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I disagree that Mourinho has made our team better. :) I would wait until the end of the season before making such a bold declaration. Especially after our "best point total of all time"

18. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    Some things never change. Still as stupid as last week :)

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    @Nino:

I couldn't be bother to read it all. You were corrected by Maca in your first sentence. I'll do the next. I don't agree that Mourinho has improved this team considerably. You go on about Mourinho's trophy cabinet, but how many of those trophies are won with us? None so far. So what has he really done? He has gotten us through the UCL to the knock out stages and surely this is our year like it has been so many times before. In the league he has beaten the small teams and gotten his ass handed to him when it mattered against Barca. How is that considerable improvement from Pellegrini? The only area I see improvement in is that he has gotten us further in CdR and managed to go past the likes of Real Unión and Alcorcón. Well done, but frankly I don't care. EC7 is right, it's way too early to pass judgement on Mourinho.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1.

21. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    I do agree that Mou lost credibility after the game against barca, but to say that Mou's Madrid is no different than Pellegrini is rather shocking.

Milan walked all over us in the bernabeu, and a third division team humiliated us. Has that happened under Mourinho? No.

22. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    +1.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You're damn right.

If you look at last season (at the half way point) and this season, the only substantial difference is that we have managed to have a good run in the Copa, well that and the fact that last year we didn't get our asses handed to us at the Nou Camp.

The business end of the season is ahead of us and Jose will be judged on how he does at the end of the season. Manny took us to a record points total while scoring lots of goals but he went trophy less and couldn't break the CL curse. Lets see how we fare this time around.

24. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    You don't think the way we played against an AC Milan side (who had been strengthened during the summer) in the Champions League was anything substantial? Last year we were lucky to get one point from them, this year they were lucky to get one point from us. I think that's one pretty significant thing that's different this year compared to last.

25. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Wouldn't you agree that all that doesn't matter if we're knocked out again against Lyon?
    And it still remains to be seen if Mou can dethrone Barca in the league.

As we said it's too early to pass judgement.

All we can see are indicators. Mou fanboys saw them right from the beginning, but look where that got them when he crapped the bed against Barca.