Benny Feilhaber's

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by Andrew Jackson, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Andrew Jackson

May 24, 2010
    Oxford, Miss.
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    income tax rate jumps from 25% to 60% next year.

He's a very real possibility.

2. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/feilhabers-services-hot-demand

3. Andrew Jackson

May 24, 2010
    Oxford, Miss.
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. DaveH

DaveH Member

Jun 10, 2004
  5. BacteriaEP

BacteriaEP New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I'd love to see Benny come play in Portland, I'm not, for a second, going to believe he's even on the table. I've yet to read any realistic rumors citing credible sources that he would even be interested in coming to Portland or MLS.

Plus his desire to play in a more competitive league screams to me he's looking at Bundesliga or Ligue 1, if not something even higher. I'm not saying he can, but he definitely wants to.

On top of it all, I'd be curious to know how much the Timbers would pay Benny. Yeah he's a nat and I love him for it, but I'm not sure if he's DP money quality. He currently plays in the Danish second division. At most I'd expect him to be worth the $200k levels and I doubt that he'd be interested in that kind of money.

Feilhaber's a great player, don't get me wrong. I hope he goes on to do great things to further his career, which will further our national team, but I just don't see him being a Portland guy.

6. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hates playing on turf with a DeRosario level passion. some of his long term injuries were caused on it. Wont be in portland