Benfica x Porto for the Championship

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by nbstriker8, May 11, 2013.

1. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge game today boys and girls. To clinch the league in Porto would be the perfect way to end the season. Maybe they'll turn on the sprinklers afterwards...

Hope Enzo can play, was never a big fan of him but its night and day with him on the field.

2. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. manichefan

manichefan Member

Mar 30, 2005
    NJ
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Any streams for this game??

4. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why didn't Roderick slide? Why the ******** didn't he slide?

6. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FT: 2-1

7. Omega1alpha

Omega1alpha Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Serra das putas
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm getting tired of saying this every year, but congrats to Porto. Well deserved win. Benfica looked good until they scored and then just faded away. Watching JJ drop to his knees was priceless. Benfica just fades toward the end of the season with JJ. Ol John was complaining around the 60th minute and JJ keeps him in and takes Gaitan out. Finally John just gives up and falls to the ground to be removed. You can't make this stuff up.

Porto has a tough game against Pacos, but I think they got the title again. Benfica should play the B squad against bottom dweller Moreirense because they'll probably draw at home again any ways. Benfica will try hard against Chelsea, but they'll lose that game as well. Get used to it boys, this is standard stuff with Benfica. I wish I had bet on this game. It's too predictable with these clowns....

nbstriker8 repped this.
  8. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're gonna lose Europa now too. That deflated this team

9. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Championship game against Porto and you put on inexperienced Roderick on instead of Jardel to defend a tie? Roderick was the man defending Kelvin in the 2nd goal in the 90th minute that gave Porto the 2-1 win. I immediately starting complaining once I even saw Roderick warming up. 2, old ass warn out Aimar comes into this game? He has no busy in a game of this magnitude. Has no legs to handle a fast pase game like Porto. And taking off Gaitan, one of our most influential player of the season off instead of Ola John who had a horrid game? I will honestly never understand JJ's logic.

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Honestly, Benfica played horrible. No possession what so ever. Atrocious passing, no creativity. Jorge Jesus' tactics are extremely questionable. And his substitutions are the worst decisions ever.

Play like this Chelsea and we're losing 5-0 and are going to be humiliated.

Once again JJ blows a lead in the last few games of the season for the 2nd straight year.

11. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Porto played much better and deserved to win the game, but Benfica clearly are the better team this year and deserve the Championship. Worked so hard this season, constructed such a great team, to just choke in the last few games. Truly unbelievable!!! No justice what so ever.

12. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Can't wait till the guy is gone. I do feel bad for him though. He's probably learned today he's simply a loser and not a winner like other managers.

13. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I agree that Benfica have been a great team but the season is 30 games. You can't say Benfica has been the better team when they can't beat their rivals at home and lose the title game in a stoppage time goal. Also, since the Maritimo game, Benfica has been out of gas. JJ once again proves that he can't handle coaching a big team. Maybe next year he should just stick to the league and field his B team in the CL, League cup and Portugal cup.

Anyways, it was a great game. My heart was pounding and I thought we would tie after Fernando "Polvo" was injured because Dafour is a fukcing Dbag loser.. JJ should of just stuck to his attacking tactics because it is obvious that Benfica doesn't have the "park the bus" mentality and nor does JJ have the knowledge to make defensive selections.

There is still a chance that you guys can win but Moreirense side that is desperate for points and Porto will basically play at home vs a Pacos side that has nothing to play for now since they already qualified for CL.

Good Luck in the Europa League Finals. My dad is a Benfica fan so I wouldn't mind having Benfica win. It helps the perception of our league and could benefit in the sale of FC Porto players too.

I hope you guys lose the Portugal cup though. :p

14. portugal#1

portugal#1 Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Lets not get it twisted. If we do go on and lose the league, we lost it at the estoril game at home. Not this game. If we put estoril away we pretty much have the league in the bag. I am hoping Porto chokes and draws with Paco's but that's just wishful thinking. If Benfica do go on and lose Liga Europa, this season with all its promise will be a failure.

nbstriker8 repped this.