Alert: Belgium vs. the Netherlands on August the 15th 2012.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Aug 6, 2012.

?

What will be the final outcome of the game between both national teams?

1. Belgium will win this one and they will do it in a stunning way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Belgium will win this one, but after a tough fight.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. This will be an exciting draw.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. This will be a boring draw.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Netherlands will win this game, but it didn't came easy.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. Netherlands will win this game by blowing Belgium out of the water.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I sure hope they won't risk Kompany on a meaningless friendly, we need him in September, not now.

2. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It was the first game of the group stage in 98' and a well deserved celebration for Belgium as they were lucky to get a draw:D
    Same with euro 2000. Maybe we would have beaten the defensive French twice and nobody would ever have mentioned that 'Golden Generation'. Stupid penalties.

3. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That Semi-final against Brazil in 98 was tough luck as usual for Oranje. Junior Baiano foolishly taking down Van Hooijdonk should have been a pk but thanks to FIFA for having a third world referee who lacked the experience to take charge in that match. Then again it was the same in the Quartefinals of 94 were again third world officials took charge of that debacle when offsides would not be applied. Again more heartache for Oranje supporters. Oh the pain!

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I would use this friendly to get to know something. As the second half is often a let down in friendly's, I say use the first half to test the new boys at the back:

[​IMG]

If Viergever is played next to de Vrij, then be my guest. More football. However it's also interesting to test the Feyenoord center as they have already build some chemistry. Both options have something going for themselves.

6. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    No no no....remove ALL Feyenoord players from the NT and U21. We don't need the Premier League clubs coming in and stealing them away for a pittance!

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

[​IMG]

I bet that this guy disagrees. De Vrij has still a 2 year contract and BMI 4 years. Feyenoord needs to become financially healthy and becoming Dutch international at the age they are would mean extra millions for a club.

I still remember how Drenthe was not even a regular at Feyenoord, but after having played a handful of good games in U21 who also became champs, he was bought by Real Madrid for well over 10 million Euro's. IF Feyenoord players will become the center defenders in Dutch NT and Netherlands is able to do well, then Feyenoord has pretty much won the lottery. Especially as they still have Kongolo behind these guys and even more good defenders.

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robben this week:

Hazard this week:

:D

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I have to say I'm struggling to get behind this Holland side. I don't like anybody in it. Not the players (apart from Sneijder), and certainly not the coaches. Van Gaal behaved like a total prat in the press conference.

I would quite enjoy it if Chadli made the Dutch defence look like fools.... Sorry.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Funny about Drenthe, he's still out there as a free agent for anyone to pick up! Madrid let him go and maybe he wants too much money from Everton.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He didn't want to get out of his bed. Turns out Drenthe loves his bed and likes to sleep a lot. This was also the case at Madrid, but then he did not let that intervene with going to training. At this stage of his career he does not always like to get out anymore even if a training is on the schedule.

Orange14 repped this.
  12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Hazard won't even be playing, unless things drastically change by tomorrow.

This guy likely will though:

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I like this one better:

When I saw that clip I was like:

[​IMG]

Then I look at stiff players like Luuk de Jong, Bas Dost, Luc Castaignos and I am like:

[​IMG]

I like skillful players. Acha boy at Feyenoord is one. Not sure if ever coming to fruition, but players with flair and gusto in connection with remaining effective and productive.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Why bring De Jong and Castaignos into it when neither was called up? Have a go at Lens. It's not like he's the next coming of Messi either...

15. Falcon_11

Falcon_11 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That's what it's all about.. players with skills and tricks. Without them football feels empty.

I can relate to that, but I'm seeing this game as a form of entertainment. Also funny how the players now act saintly and misunderstood in the press.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Do any of the Dutch posters know if the under 21s qualifier will be televised live? Now THAT I am interested in.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's the future of the Dutch attack as things stand now. I don't like to do what I do, but things are what they are and you have to call things by their name. Both players and Dost are just players that do not inspire. Houten Klazen. Where Luuk does have a great character, Luc is probably a dirty spitting street rat. Dost pretty much sums up the player I do not want in my team. Kluivert on the other hand is almost everything what I want in a Dutch attacker. If only he could have been a bit more effective in front of goal and be a more responsible person.

Lens actually is quite likable. He is certainly a level up in skill from those 3 players. He also got pace. And he is has scored huge points with me by staying up with this beauty:

All players in modern day would have made a meal out of the situation and made the keeper leave with a red card. He stayed up, went for glory and got the goal I will never forget for reasons of beauty and especially displaying the mentality that you are out there to play the damn game. That is glory. Lens is lightweight, but I quite like the basic concept of the player.

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    SBS 6, 17.20 tomorrow.

19. If I saw it right it will be televized on SBS
    If I'm correct it will be televized on SBS6 before the grown up game.
    Interesting for those keen on peeping into the secrets of coaching is that Belgium is putting the training of their team on Youtube for free and live.

20. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Strootman is injured by the way people.

Does that mean Clasie finally gets his call up?

Nope. Chuck Testa.

TFC Ajax repped this.
  21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    De Jong is the most Kluivert-like striker of his generation. He's nowhere near as good (yet) of course, but regardless, that's precisely the why De Jong has been bigged up as the next Holland striker. He's the most complete footballer out of all the new generation strikers, the rest of them are all a poor man's Makaay or Huntelaar if you ask me. I don't think a lack of technical ability is De Jong's problem. He can improve of course but he's already more technically skilled than Kuyt and Huntelaar were at the age of 21. The one thing that De Jong misses is handelingssnelheid and that's what's going to stop him from ever becoming a truly elite player.

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Anita then?

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Talking about Kluivert:

I never thought he would be so eager to become a top coach. He has stated he wants to become the coach of AC Milan. How can such a childish player turn into a decision maker? If he has the brains to coach he could become a players benefiting from the teachings of van Gaal, but not being held back by people management issue's. Kluivert was always somewhat of a cool guy. A guy with swagger. If that starts to mix, you could have a great coach. If he then is also able to surround himself with a good staff (and we have seen some players going wrong on that turn) then he could actually develop into something special. I am also curious how he would do transfers. Koeman for example has to be the man with the worst eye for transfers. Is also an important facet of the game. I hope FC Twente gives him a chance when McClaren leaves.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That would make sense as Anita can't represent U21. But van Gaal has not called up any other player until now. We will see.