BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    February 2015: 17 million homes.
    July 2015: 18 million homes.
    February 2016: 25 million homes.
    June 2016: 24 million homes.
    December 2016: 23 million homes.

(Source)

That's not the same as ratings, of course.

QPR Kevin H and EvanJ repped this.
  2. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    What happened with Villareal-Granada live on spanish channel? Seeing replay of Friday's game?

3. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Has it ever been explained why they don't show live on their tv channels early saturday and sunday games regularly outside a big team appearance. They will have things like informecials, tennis, racing and other stuff there but no early games. It's not all about money and informecials because this past Saturday they had Villareal-Granada in their listings but were showing the replay of Friday's game on tv and bein connect. The only thing I can think of is that it's too early for their Miami people to start working, especially on a Saturday morning. [emoji51] nothing scheduled this weekend either and it's Sevilla-Villareal, which is a good game.

MetroChile repped this.
  4. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Here's some good news: Swiss SuperLeague back on beINSports when the league returns February 11/12. Streaming only but better than nothing....

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

5. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they seriously going to preempt Barca for women's tennis?

6. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    It's actually a pretty interesting matchup, 2 players who play very similar.

I'm a huge tennis fan but they are going to cut this match. There is a reason the semifinal is also streamed in BeIN connect.

7. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed - and I have no interest in watching the Barca game, I was just wondering how they would havndle the tennis going long.

8. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    See, moved to streaming.
    They paid the WTA 55 million per year (richest contract in the history of women's sports) to stream tennis matches in effect.

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup - strange.

10. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Looks like they still have money to burn. The Taipei tournament which is going on at the same time is 100% on BeIN connect.

The WTA is also in the process of stating their own streaming service (which they promise will stream every main draw match live all year) so BeIN will be competing with an official wta streaming service soon.

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valencia vs. Real Madrid, which was postponed due to the Club World Cup, will be on Wednesday February 22 at 12:45 P.M. It will be played earlier than usual on a weekday so it ends before the Champions League games. Real Madrid plays their Round of 16 games on February 15 and March 7. Porto vs. Juventus and Sevilla vs. Leicester City are the Champions League games on February 22.

12. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Little bit surprised that Roma-Inter which is played Sunday afternoon won't be shown until Monday per current schedule. Not sure how they can justify showing the replay of Sassuolo-Milan (which will air live in the morning) in the primetime that evening and not show Roma-Inter.

13. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/stations/bein1hd-bein-sports-hd says Sassuolo vs. AC Milan will be on live, but will not be replayed that night. Here's the Sunday schedule including when the game will be played for delayed games:

Sassuolo vs. AC Milan at 8:55 A.M.
    The Express at 11:00 A.M.
    Manchester United vs. Southampton in the EFL Cup Final at 11:25 A.M.
    The Express at 1:30 P.M.
    Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona in a 90 in 30 at 2:00 P.M. (game at 10:15 A.M.)
    The Express at 2:30 P.M.
    Villarreal vs. Real Madrid at 2:45 P.M.
    The Xtra Sunday at 4:45 P.M.
    Marseille vs. Paris Saint-Germain at 6:00 P.M. (game at 3:00 P.M.)
    Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona at 8:00 P.M. (game at 10:15 A.M.)

I wonder if it will be the first day since BeIN Sports was created that AS Roma, Inter Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona all played and were not on live.

The Spanish channel will show Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona live and then join the EFL Cup Final in progress. Sassuolo vs. AC Milan will be on at 6:00 P.M., but that will be the first time it's on the Spanish channel.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  14. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Major, major credit to BeIN today for showing the rain delayed WTA Premier 5 final from Dubai and moving the important in this case serie a match to streaming.

Super respect that they showed tennis, and this match, the respect they deserve!

15. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Most on this SOCCER FORUM would likely disagree... ;)

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

bigtw64 repped this.
  16. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    I'm sure about that.

But beIN is an international sports channel. And as big a football fan as I am, I love tennis just as much.

So if I was programming, the bigger match gets priority. The tennis match was the more important of the 2. Next week the WTA plays only international level tournaments, so a decent football match should get priority.

socceraction repped this.
  17. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Wait, so it can rain in Dubai?

18. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Yes. Last weeks tournament in Doha had rain almost every day. It was crazy.

19. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I don't really associate that part of the world with rain.

How are they going to build all these high tech stadiums for 2022 world cup if they can't afford indoor tennis court?[emoji51]

20. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not pleased, and I'm a tennis fan. oh well

21. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Say what we want about beIN's organization and execution (and we do), but has a US intl sports network ever had a better daily schedule than this?

[​IMG]

22. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    This week, beIN Connect will not only have the semis of the Dutch Cup (on beIN6 Wed and Thu), but also the semis of the Polish Cup (on beIN8 Tue and Wed).

23. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    100% agree. It's the greatest collection of international sports we have. And as a fan of both handball and athletics, I'm very happy.

24. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    My only complaint is that they are showing replay of Sassuolo-Milan which already aired live on english channel, on spanish channel at 6 pm tonight and pushing Roma-Inter airing to tomorrow. They could have flipped that.

Plus, six total games between the two channels today. I've seen better Sundays.

25. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    The lack of English commentary on most Serie A matches on Connect in getting frustrating. It's not happening with the Ligue 1 matches or really any other matches. Not sure why this is happening.