BeInSports 2016-2017 Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jun 28, 2016.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may be too late to help you now, but here's the explanation. The game started at 10:06 P.M. The 11:30 P.M. time was to join it in progress after Panama vs. Jamaica which was from 9:30 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    So basically there was no way to watch that game live without a special subscription. That's OK. Went to bed instead.

Thx,

Jay!

3. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Well, when all the access you have immediately is a newspaper, you count on that being correct.

The start time of the game may well and truly have been 3:35. For the Post to put that time in the paper instead of the actual broadcast start time of 3:20 is disingenuous, seeing how they don't to that for any other TV broadcast.

Thx,

Jay!

4. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000

What's this thing you call "newspaper"? :)

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

JayRockers! repped this.
  5. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Hey hey. They have donovan mcnabb as the studio analyst and two other guys with Jeremy. It sounds good so far. Donovan used to be a big guy on Fox when he retired. Not sure how he ended up on bein.

6. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
  7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Can't believe now they added college throwball now. Un-phuckin'-believable.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be interesting to see what the ratings are.

9. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're going to spend your entire life offended if you're offended by a sports network airing a sport you don't like.

Art Deco and sitruc repped this.
  10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    We will see how the ratings look but the best thing beIN has done since entering the US market. Showing College Football makes them a "Sports channel". Of course, I am not talking about people on this forum or the million or so that will tune into a Premier League match on a major network. I'm talking about the "tens of millions" of Americans who would never know beIN existed if they kept to soccer-only programming. The move will result in many football fans first asking "be IN what?" then asking "How do we get it?". More pressure on providers to add it to their lineups.

We can't be so short-sighted to wish beIN remain an exclusive home for us soccer fans. That makes it no better than Setanta, FoxSoccer or GOL-TV. All great channels in their prime but look where they are today (or where they are NOT). It simply leads to nothing good. Hope they get a crapload of eyeballs for their Conference USA games and people start discovering beIN as a legit MULTI sports channel. It only helps their main sport which will always be soccer!

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

chrayatl and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The Spanish language bein had the Mexico game with English commentary. I believe it was on a telemundo station in Spanish. NBC Universo maybe? I only have that in SD so I didn't watch it there. All of the times and station listings I saw prior to the game for many of the CONCACAF games was confusing.

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were 6 games in CONCACAF, and I DVRed 9 games including some games in English and Spanish. Honduras vs. Canada ended after the coverage ended, and it took me three tries to find what on my DVR had the end of the game, but I found it. What Fios thought was Panama vs. Jamaica was correct but was joined in progress after Haiti vs. Costa Rica. Before broadcasting St. Vincent and the Grenadines vs. USA, Phil Schoen mistakenly said a USA win would advance USA and Trinidad and Tobago. Shortly after Panama vs. Jamaica was joined in progress, Phil Schoen mistakenly said that Mexico was the only team who had clinched a spot in the Hexagonal. He mistakenly said that you could watch Haiti vs. Costa Rica on Connect after that game was over and Costa Rica had clinched a spot in the Hexagonal. Trinidad and Tobago had also clinched a spot in the Hexagonal by then.

I learned from beIN's St. Vincent and the Grenadines vs. USA pregame that the Pirates of the Caribbean movies were filmed in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

13. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Now that's worth the price of subscription by itself!!! :D

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

14. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    whats going on with Bein! I cannnot believe they are showing this friday Track and Field live instead of PSG game or English Championship or La Liga Game,,

15. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm so glad they're showing Diamond League live instead of some soccer game I don't care about. I hate seeing results spoiled online.

16. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think they feel that they need to expand their live offerings beyond soccer because being a small, soccer only channel isn't working. Of course the other sports aren't really working too much ratings-wise:

http://sportstvratings.com/clemson-...v-ratings-for-saturday-september-3-2016/5776/

BEIN COLLEGE FOOTBALL -- BEIN SPORT -- 8:00 PM 11:50 PM -- 13k

But they have been able to up their household availability, which is more important than ratings at this point.

17. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    #67 KensingtonSC, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Then they need to do that, but they don't do that. Even if they weren't going to show everything they have live, show something that wasn't shown live on delay rather than show us Barcelona and Real Madrid versus tomato cans 8 times on repeat. I know they bring in the eyeballs, but if I had my choice between watching three different games and watching Barcelona 3 times, the choice is easy. In this day and age of DVR, there shouldn't be a need to show the same things 6 times in one week.

Last year, on Mondays and Tuesdays at 12 noon, they would show a first run Ligue 1 match on delay that they didn't show during the weekend. Even if they showed PSG live or on delay during the weekend, you'd get two different games usually featuring Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, or Bourdeaux. This year, though, we'll get just the PSG match, usually on delay, and during that time slot we get a repeat of Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus. They've even got their one college football game scheduled to repeat at least THREE times during the week! Why would I tune into your channel to watch a bunch of stuff I already watched? Wouldn't you want to draw people in by showing something different, even if it isn't live? The fifth repeat of a match from Saturday being shown on a Wednesday can't be drawing more eyes than something that hasn't been shown on the network before, right?

18. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    And this Sunday, while there are live matches going on in all the leagues they own the rights to, they will be showing motorcycle racing nearly all day on the main channel.

19. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't imagine that brings them better ratings.......but maybe it does.

20. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    So, the stream for the Villa-Forest game went down for about 40 minutes into the second half today.

Par for the course.

Thx,

Jay!

21. asroma1982

asroma1982 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    AS Roma
    maybe now that they have college throwball subscription. maybe comcast puts bein on basic just like fox1 and nbcsn

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching Costa Rica vs. Panama on DVR, and they skipped about 5 minutes late in the game, including Costa Rica's 84th minute goal.

23. bobellis75

bobellis75 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    I wish that would happen...I am on AT&T Uverse and had to buy a $10/month sports package (most of which I will seldom use). I can live with $10/month but free is better.

I will say I am a more recent subscriber to the channel and of course did it for more soccer options...have been disappointed at the amount of other things they show at times. But I enjoy seeing some matches I would otherwise not have the chance to watch.

24. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I guess no La Liga highlights show this week.

25. bobellis75

bobellis75 Member

Sep 1, 2016
    I recorded one on my dvr from earlier this week...it was on in the early afternoon. Unless we are talking about different shows. Like I said I'm newer to having the channel so trying to figure out the schedule and the shows, etc....