beIN Sports 2019-2020

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jul 8, 2019.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yep, even with the current week's schedule. Live matches on Xtra this work week:

Wednesday: [11:40 AM] lyon vs toulouse coupe de la ligue Coupe de la Ligue - 35

Friday: [02:55 PM] Deportivo La Coruña vs CD Tenerife

The Tuesday night/Weds morning Barca-Madrid condensed match marathon is kinda cool.

2. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Everything they do is backwards. The bulk of their live content is Sat/Sun while their posted schedule runs through Friday. I have yet to find on a Friday their updated schedule for the upcoming weekend. Not sure when they post it, but looks like most of the live content is over by the time the schedule is up.

Art Deco repped this.
  4. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You're not wrong. It is a bit unprofessional from them not to have a proper schedule grid. We can't just guess all the time which game they'll have but I guess I'll have to do it this week

Mallorca/Sevilla (La Liga)
    Marseille/Nimes (Ligue 1)
    Leganes/Espanyol (La Liga)
    Fenerbahce/Besiktas (Super Lig)

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  5. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yeah Marseille are probably the biggest club left off beIN Connect in the Ligue 1 window so Xtra most likely - or Strasbourg-St Etienne (everyone plays tomorrow evening in France before going on break)

6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    It's called Xtra because it takes Xtra effort to figure out what's on it.

7. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Goztepe/Gala (Super Lig) should be on there as well as BeIN is listed to air the replay

8. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Good to see a full slate of CAF Champions League/Confederations Cup matches scheduled for the Connect channels for Matchday #3 -

- All 8 matches of the Champions League (Friday, Dec. 27th & Saturday, Dec. 28th)
    - All 8 matches of the Confederations Cup (Sunday, Dec. 29th)

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  10. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I still can't find this channel on Verizon Fios. It's apparently on subchannel 8.4 OTA in Philly in 480i in a 4:3 aspect, but I can't seem to find out. I may have to break out my old antenna to see if I can pull it down since it's listed as a low power channel in Philadelphia.

11. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That might be the ticket. Low-powered stations sent must-carry so you might not see it on cable tv...

12. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    *Not

13. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I am a cord cutter and checked it out OTA in Chicago on 24.2

A couple things: first the signal is complete crap. It is not widescreen and the image quality looks like they are filming a computer screen with BetaMax.

Second, the OTA programming guide seems to be empty. On zap2it, it lists 'paid programming.'. It is nice that you can simply dvr the channel, though you need to manually program the times in and are stuck with a crap quality image.

Hopefully they will get the image sorted out soon. I watch 24.1 (Azteca America) regularly and it is great (they show Second Division Spain matches).

14. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm in Miami (16.5) and the signal is 16/9 HD 720p for me. It is a bit compressed due to the multiple subchannels but it is well watchable.

I guess it varies on market to market

HomietheClown repped this.
  15. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone who watches BeIN through fanatiz notice they archive matches? I’m not sure for how long but they have Turkish league from the past week up in the past games section.

16. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks like they finally listened to me about adding some on-demand content from BeIN. Only wish they had the shows :D

HomietheClown and InterFan76 repped this.
  17. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They don’t archive shows for any of the channels am I right? They just need to archive Goltv now.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  18. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only TyC...

19. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Doesn't work on Firefox at least - all I see is "today" at 2-7 AM, won't let me scroll and nothing happens when I click on "tomorrow" or "the next day"

21. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Also doesn't work on Edge.

22. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Looks like my BeIN Xtra affiliate is down. Only their main .1 channel works. I guess everyone is on vacation :D

23. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Jeremy St Louis is leaving beIN for CBS, where he will surely work on Champs League later this year

1213179588836306947 is not a valid tweet id

24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JSL seems a good dude to me.

But will he be wasted at CBS? I don't think of them as doing much of anything around footy. Not aware of any UCL deal they have.

25. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    New year, same old crap from BeIN:

* The two La Liga matches today are a half-hour off from their program guide, so hopefully you DVR'd match 2 if you want to finish watching match 1.

* The French Cup match between Bordeaux and LeMans on Connect has no audio whatsoever

And has anyone managed to navigate the new schedule thing on the Xtra web page?