beIN Sports 2019-2020

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by EvanJ, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for catching this. The schedule only goes out to Friday, but based on what's missing from the Connect schedule for this weekend, expect the following to show up on Xtra this weekend:

Saturday 11:30AM: Strasbourg v Lyon (Ligue 1)
    Saturday 2:00PM: Montpellier v Amiens (Ligue 1)
    Sunday 6:00AM: Sevilla v Leganes (La Liga)
    Sunday 9:00AM: Nantes v Toulouse (Ligue 1)
    Sunday 11:00AM: Rennes v St Etienne (Ligue 1)

So basically BeIN is moving all the Ligue 1 except for the 2 stadium or French-only audio 2PM Saturday matches and the 3PM Sunday game (which is often shown on the main channel either live or on delay at 5PM) from Connect to Xtra, as well as the early Sunday morning LaLiga match. Again this is really ridiculous as they could easily simulcast these games on Connect and Xtra with Connect slots open at these times. There's nothing "overflow" about Xtra.

If this is all that's going to be left on Connect, I'm not going to renew my Sling subscription when it comes up in March.

2. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    OK I'll admit it, @NorthBank - even I'm now confused as to where I'm supposed to watch football.

Not Tranmere-Chichester City though. That's on ESPN+ :)

Redbullsnation2012 and NorthBank repped this.
  3. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    God the schedule is a clusterf*ck.

This afternoon enjoy:
    "[05:00 PM] Coupe de la Ligue
    AS Monaco vs PSG - Final DELAY"

That "delay" is going on two or three years.

Earlier today you could have seen:
    "Coupe de France - Final
    Angers vs Paris Saint Germain"

Is it too much to tell us the year given that these matches are more than a year old?

For league games they have nonsense like "Matchday 31" or "Matchday 25".

They also play up the Turkish league and the Spanish second division on the promos, yet there are no games on the schedule.

I can't complain too much since this is free, but come on!

4. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Scheduling is indeed weird and I'm not too sure why they don't just place it in the scheduling grid on the main site.

Most of the things this channel does is always backwards

5. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Here is the funny thing about this channel. They seemingly hire professionals but one has to wonder if their idea of a professional exists in the George Castanza world of doing the opposite of common sense. Think about it, as far as we can tell there aren't many (if any) people who work in TV on this board, but as a group we could easily agree on some common sense things: post a schedule, follow the schedule, make sure the streams/broadcasts (for the few remaining carriers) are broadcast quality, understand when a game could go to extra time or when a league seems to have no clue how to properly follow the times of their schedules,** start the streams on time on Connect, make sure the commentary is on. I'm sure there are a few others but this is bare bones stuff.

**It floors me that whenever I have the DVR set for something that follows an MLS that the MLS game never runs on time. This is the US (and some Canada), a TV market obsessed with commercial time and block scheduling. How is it that MLS games always run long? Or at least run long when being followed by another game. This also happens with USMNT. It's bizarre. Copa Libertadores seems organized by comparison.

6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    It's because unlike the rest of the world, MLS follows the North American model of starting play at about 7-8 minutes past the hour or half-hour it nominally starts at, in order to fit in more commercials, pre-game hype, etc. Also MLS refs seem to be overly generous with stoppage time, way moreso than their international counterparts. So it's no wonder MLS games almost never end within the scheduled 2-hour time slot.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  7. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Guys, you'll never believe it!

It is Saturday morning and BeIn has not updated its pdf schedule for Xtra nor have they added the Xtra schedule to their schedule grid on the main BeIn site.

Redbullsnation2012 and Art Deco repped this.
  8. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  9. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Watching Ligue 1 on Xtra today (as I have to if I want to see it), and I'm amused by their attempt to hype tomorrow's Atletico-Barca match on the main channel by billing it as "MADRID-BARCELONA" apparently hoping people will tune in thinking they're playing Real and it's an El Classico.

10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    It's only a radio show. But it is a it strange that they would name the radio show the same name as their free streaming service...(head slap).

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

11. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Anywho...looks like this guy is doing all the commercials for BeINXtra

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The unusual thing is that Wednesday December 18 will have a weekday El Clasico that will be the only La Liga game that midweek. Not only are they the top two in La Liga, but they have a game in hand over every other club. They advertised it over a month in advance.

13. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Makeup date for the postponed Oct 26 match. It's also a Copa del Ray matchday for La Liga teams not playing in Europe this season.

14. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I just received an e-mail from Sling with notice that they will be dropping BEIN Sports starting January 2. But they will be keeping BEIN Sports en Espanol and the BEIN Connect channels. That seems weird.

15. drt2k3

drt2k3 Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Wilmington, NC
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    From what package? The two parties signed a long term deal in 2018

16. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    As with most things Sling, they did not make it clear if the channel would be available in another package, and they reference the deportes package for "even more soccer", and that should be all Spanish language, right?

Here is the text of the e-mail:

"Dear XXXX,

Starting January 2nd, BeIN SPORTS will no longer be available in your package. You can still catch all the action for LaLiga, Ligue 1, and much more on BeIN SPORTS en Español and BeIN SPORTS CONNECT.

WANT EVEN MORE SOCCER?
    Check out our Sling Deportespackage for $5 a month.

All the best,
    The Sling TV Team"

17. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    You didn't mention which package you have.

18. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    I have a bunch of different packages. I think I qualify to receive BEIN from several of them, so as I wrote, it is not clear from the e-mail as to which package is affected.

19. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    The schedule only runs through December 7 and has not been updated. Today, December 8, and going forward remains a mystery.

20. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    They're always late with it but as far as live matches go, you can count on a Ligue 1 match at 11:30 (unless PSG is playing) and 2PM on Saturday, and on Sunday the 6AM La Liga match (unless it's Real or Barca), and the 9 & 11AM Ligue 1 matches.

21. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Thank you. Those are USA Eastern Time zone times, right?

22. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yes

23. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    And now the Xtra site has been down since yesterday

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  24. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001