beIN Sports 2017-18

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by DeargGerilo, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    beIN is turning into ESPN. Games like Athletic-Sevilla and Roma-Napoli relegated to online only with no tv replay at all or waiting 5 whole days to show the tv replay.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know what was shown during Athletic-Sevilla, but you can't expect Roma-Napoli to be shown live over Atletico Madrid-Barcelona. They should replay the games sooner.

3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand the ratings and I know that's why they do it

But they do have two channels.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And both Channels highest rated /most viewed matches involve Barca.

5. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep. Like I said I understand the reasoning.

It just sucks.

6. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Based on my guide, it looks like Real Madrid-Eibar IS NOT airing live on both beIN channels this Sunday. Marseille-PSG on english channel, which is good. This raises the question how that is different from Saturday, when Napoli-Inter is relegated to streaming with Barcelona on both channels.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    BeIN has emphasized Le Classique in the past as an important match for their Network.

Add in Neymar and all the other South American players on that PSG team and I think there is your answer.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two games will be joined in progress. On Saturday, Valencia vs. Sevilla is at 12:30 P.M. and joined in progress at 1:00 P.M. after Monaco vs. Caen. On Sunday, Torino vs. AS Roma is at 9:00 A.M, and joined in progress at 9:30 A.M. after tennis.

9. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli vs Inter is on delay at 7pm on Bein Espanol. That’s where I’ll be dvring it.

10. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll just watch Napoli Inter on Bein Connect I guess

11. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol this morning the Chievo Verona game.........duel English and Spanish audio most of the game. Annoying

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Unfortunately they're very far from espn because espn3 actually works well.

bigtw64 repped this.
  14. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I was going to complain about today's schedule, but I figure it's pointless. I just give up.

beInSchwartz repped this.
  15. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I sent a (polite) message on Twitter to bein and they fixed the issue just a couple of minutes after I sent the message. After 15 minutes, they screwed up the audio again. After that, I turned it off. I couldn't take it any longer. The worst part is that it was audio from the La Liga game which was one channel up! It's almost like they have an audio board with all the channels next to one another and they raise the wrong volume on a frequent basis. I used to like Connect, but stuff like this frustrates me to no end. I worked in TV production, and this stuff isn't complicated. You route the correct signal, then you pot up the audio on that signal. Not tough. These guys could screw up a cup of coffee, though.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Wow! Somehow you spun that like BeIn > ESPN.

People can argue anything on the internet. Its awesome! :ROFLMAO:

17. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    haha I didn't mean it like that.

All I meant was if I had the option between paying and not paying, i'd rather not pay lol

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I can't bring myself to pay for streaming. Never done it in my life, unless you count Netflix.

I may be tempted if espn3 starts charging.

No one would pay for beIN streaming as it doesn't even work properly. That's probably a big reason why its still free. Plus the only real attraction on their overflow streaming channels is Serie A, and who would pay for that? - fans would just buy a subscription to RAI.

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there was a good streaming service that was about $10 a month and aired all Serie A matches, I would drop beIN in a heartbeat. I pay $15 a month for my Sports Pack just to watch beIN Sports whenever they decide to air a Serie A game, or access their crappy streaming service. I would gladly pay less for just streaming.

20. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    And if a service will give me all the games, and they're all on demand, I'll gladly pay. If Serie A signing a new deal for next year means they move behind a paywall on ESPN's streaming server, then I'll be paying money to it because ESPN's streams are reliable, they try to stream every game they have access to, and everything is always available on demand for weeks at a time.

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Us having to pay for individual streaming services is sadly in our near future.

And if each provider wants $5/mo (possibly more) for their streaming services, this could add up to a lot of money fast! For watching footy (in USA) you'd start with: NBC, ESPN, FOX, BeIN. There might be more on top of that.

And that's just for a very narrow niche of streaming content: pro soccer.

Start multiplying that by all of the different interests you have for various type of content, and it's not hard to imagine it adding up fast. It's not hard for me to imagine this a la carte streaming method could end up being more expensive than my traditional cable TV bundles.

Not to mention the hassle of having to purchase & manage all of these different providers/subscriptions.

The other night I was talking about this and we were wondering if there might end up being aggregators for content providers... resellers who'd bundle streaming packages? Making it easier for consumers to purchase/manage, similar to how it is now with your cable company. And lowering the overall bottom line price.

p.s. I'm not even addressing the technical & quality concerns, where streaming is ATM still trailing traditional cable TV services by some way. IMO.

22. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To me that's one of the biggest downfalls with Bein is the lack of having the content on demand.

23. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    But the current streaming model is no different than what other American sports have been using for well over a decade now. If it's not on TV, it's considered OTT, and there's a price to pay for that content. It's awesome when it's free, but there should be an understanding when it isn't. The thing I don't think bein understands is that if they did offer their Connect channels to do on demand, and they charged a price for it, there would be people to pay it. And the funny thing is that, with a little intelligence, they could probably do a type of streaming where they can stream Connect live only and make a back channel for paying subscribers to watch their content on demand. Well, maybe someone else can do that because bein simply isn't capable of that kind of ingenuity.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Caught the Xtra show last night. I rarely watch beIN outside of actual live footie, but wanted to get some more reaction on the UEFA playoffs.

Anyway, they ran a commercial break in the middle of the show which started at 7:08 ET and ended at 7:18. Ten minutes! (I thought I wasn't paying attention so I actually re-winded my DVR to time it, so when I say '10 minutes' I mean 10 minutes. Not rounded-up from 7 or 8.).

Is this sort of nonsense normal?

25. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No that's really unusual. I presume, some sort of f-up on the part of their production team. OTOH, it was way past my bedtime when I got to zipping through this, so it got me to bed 5-10 mins earlier. :)

BocaFan repped this.