Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you, you seem to be slowly getting it. The stat is skewed by including matches against absolutely hopeless opposition that we scored 14-15 goals on in three matches.

Hazard playing well makes us better, but his influence doesn't result in +14 goals, and it sure as hell doesn't result in +14 goals on a run vs Athletic, Barca and Valencia with two of them being away matches. If you can't think this far on your own, not even Maldini, Guardiola and Costacurta can help you.

Adjusting the stat for opposition and avg goals against of the team we're facing it will most likely be a +3 or a positive +4.

2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You’re fixated on the number because your argument as a whole is a joke, of course we don’t know if we’d score exactly 14 more goals during this period if Hazard was fit lol, what rational people do know however is that we would have scored more if he weren’t injured.

Halycon repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a useless discussion. We can all agree Hazard makes the team better, but “fans” are arguing if he would have scored 14 goals or not lol.

Anon., Drouchk and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All we needed was at least 1 more goal in any of the last 3 games...

Halycon and Drouchk repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then why the feck do you spend your entire evening disagreeing with me when I was talking about the number and the use of statistics in that tweet? You consider the number dumb and then argue against me for calling it dumb. Is everything OK?

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don’t think that was what the conversation was about, but rather the random use of statistics in a particular way

RMSocrates and Raumdeuter repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Because he doesn’t want Hazard to get any credit whatsoever for how well we were doing, doesn’t want to bust his narrative that Hazard isn’t an impactful signing, it’s sad really.

Pretty much.

Because I had given you more credit than you deserved, I didn’t think you’d stoop to arguing whether or not we’d score that exact number of goals.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I began my post with "he makes us better but the stats used are misleading". Just go for a run or something. You're arguing even with people you agree with just for the hell of it.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or a goal vs Betis or Atleti that were also 0:0 ties. Hazard played in both.

In an ideal situation Hazard makes us better, but we're discussing an article that claims "even if he's not influencing the play the goal was scored out of, the team scores more because he's there" while not highlighting that they came to the conclusion by including some absolutely bogus games that definitely do not serve as a measurement for our goal scoring form this season.

10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    No we don’t entirely agree, you tried to minimize Hazard’s contribution to the team by claiming that we’d scored so much only because of who the opponents were, heck you even tried to erase him completely out the Sociedad game because it didn’t fit your narrative.
    60442882-02A6-4E3B-8756-D426D0F8D6F8.jpeg

The Atleti game took place when he was playing like shit and was overweight, the Betis game happened right after international break when we usually struggle, plus this is the 3rd year in the row they leave the Bernabeu without conceding which means we failed to score on them even with CR here.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is accurate. Because its a fact. Is a 6-0 vs Galatasaray the number this team averages over rhe season with Hazard on the pitch? Has goal scoring not been a struggle with or without Hazard on the pitch?

Along comes Marca to make it seem like we're blazing in goal scoring when Hazard is playing for us when that's not even the case.

12. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    So does he make us better or is it simply that those teams were oh so bad and we would have thrashed the, anyways? Nvm that we lost to the same Eibar by 3 goals last season.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. The Varnagel of the Hazard thread.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He makes us better because he is a better player than Vinicius, Bale and Rodrygo right now, but even with him, goalscoring is a serious issue. Marca can scrap their statistical nonsense backwards, I hope he returns soon enough because he brings less turnovers and better possession of the ball for us. I'm not going to expect us to start scoring for fun when that has been our problem all season with or without Hazard.

Digital repped this.
  15. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard needs to have one hell of a ********ing second half of a season to make up some of the shit he’s got himself and us into so far this season.

I’m going to stay clear of the price tag because it’s not something he can control, and you never know what happens in his last season at Chelsea if we tried to snap him for free in 2020.

RMSocrates and Prit Javier repped this.
  16. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    #1191 Drouchk, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Goal scoring is an issue except when he is playing we tend to score a lot, makes perfect sense lol

Scoring for fun has been a problem except when we were putting 4, 5, and 6 past opponents before he got injured, yes? I don’t know who’s lied to you but you cannot have your own facts.

lol the 4x4s of every thread.
    Do you disagree with my assessment?

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it’s more likely than not we would be top of the table right now had he not gotten hurt. Have no stats to back that up, but our attack has gone completely flat without him

Stiliyan and Drouchk repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We played vs Barcelona the same way we played vs Atleti. Careful, being all about maintaining our defensive structure than attacking. I doubt a lot changes in that match up depending on lineup.

The Athletic Bilbao match is more winnable with Hazard, but we hit the post 3 times that day, you just repeat the match with the same lineups 4 times and we win 3 out of 4.

The Valencia match was absolutely crazy, since we were great in the first half then came on and were trash in the second.

19. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Hazard we win against Bilbao and Barca. Bale was a ghost and didn't do anything with the space he got. Hazard needs at least double teaming which leaves spaces for others to exploit. Not only that he is able to generate a pass that splits the defensive structure even when he is double teamed. His playmaking, dribbling, passing is far far better.

Bale tries to use his speed and gets outrun by everybody. Let alone getting the ball in a good position when he is under pressure.

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In all this time Hazard has exactly 1 goal. Let's discuss that stat in the context of his contribution to the team's goal scoring output.

Unreal that Hazard is being presented as some mega crack go to clutch goal scorer who always delivers goals at the crucial moments and in the big games and his absence alone can explain a string of 0-0 games against historic rivals.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    To simpletons he either scores or he is trash.

I would love to know how many crosses we’ve made per game when Hazard isn’t playing vs when he is, I suspect we cross less with him as he is able to take people on the wings, cut in and connect with Benz.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For all the complaining about the crosses, we're ranked fourth on crosses played in Spain. If you'd read this forum you would guess we'd be first by a huge distance.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Play Vin instead of Bale vs. Barca and we win probably. Let alone with Hazard. :laugh:

24. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah no, it would 99% be this :
    IMG_20191223_093648.jpg

petros93 repped this.
  25. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was a big supporter of bringing Eden, but right now, half way through the season, call it bad luck with injuries, being overweight, getting accustomed to the team - for the amount of money spent on a player his age, I wouldn't call it a flop, but it's for sure not good business.