Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    You can do all the above as well as praise his progress thats all im saying.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's played over 700 minutes with us and a few games with the Belgian NT in the last couple of months. Why isn't he getting in shape? Is he slacking in training? Bad diet/lifestyle?

There must be something wrong.

Anon. repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He looks like he is getting in shape, looks fitter now than he did a month or so ago.

Anon., Stiliyan and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am still giving him time to find his form. Seriously, we can still in the Double. Both Barcelona and Atletico Madrid actually suck liked us.... the title will be decide by the team that peak in the Spring.

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So do you think our bitching and sulking is a waste of time because he won't get back to an elite level? Kinda defeats your point.

If he's improving then we are getting the intended result tho.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not all people have the same metabolism. My ex used to freak out because once our amateur league started and I started training I dropped like 8 kg in a month. So this might as well be a part of who he is. I don't see him as slow and lethargic as he was in the summer. Far from it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    He really showed a lack of professionalism showing up like that. Bale gets a lot of hate for his constant injuries but he is always fit, never flabby. One can only wonder what the table would look like if he had been fit and able to carry the team a bit earlier in the season.

MerlinRM and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One can only wonder at what point that will happen in the first place.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The thing that worries me is could the weight thing be a cop out, an excuse. Is Hazard mentally up for the level of responsibility that comes with his presumed role in the team. Based off his behavior to date, I'd say not. Even the decision making on the pitch says he wants someone else to be the leader.

MerlinRM repped this.
  10. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know if I agree with that. He dribbles into corners and doesn't release the ball at opportune times. I think he's trying to do to much with an effective body at this point.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    When he has an opportunity on goal he immediately looks to pass. Screams of not wanting responsibility or can't take the pressure.

12. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He looks better but his fitness and cardio haven't improved that much. He's not taking on players 1v1 because he can't outrun them even if he manages to dribble past them.

ahnaf, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    This is what I see too

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doesn't matter if he is in shape or not. He will always play. There are different standards for some players

So all we can hope for is that he gets it together. Plus he strikes me as a good guy and teammate.

Galatico, Deep Pal and Herzogian repped this.
  15. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    But he attempts to take on three players who push him to the corner and goal line. I'm not sure it's lack of confidence. He's always been a guy that lays it off after he draws opposition to him. We're talking about a guy that averages 12-15 goals a season. He doesn't shoot as often as some think.

16. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
  18. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Looks like he’s getting back in shape, not just physically but mentally as well.

Deep Pal, Lyra, Excape Goat and 2 others repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doni, Deep Pal, Lyra and 8 others repped this.
  20. Stiliyan

Stiliyan Member+

Feb 11, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal, Lyra and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s ,unfortunately, one of the reason he’s not done more than he has in his career, he takes it for granted but in what he can do with the ball he’s still top 5 for me. Hopefully Zidane knocks that laziness out of him, didn’t get off to a good start though lol.

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Reminds me of Tracy McGrady

23. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tracy McGrady has so many injuries and surgeries at some point it was clear he couldn't recover to his former glory. He was working out with Kobe Bryant at the beginning of his career, so i am sure he's not lazy.

Has Hazard ever had a serious injury? Like with a surgery, missing half a season or so? Not that i can remember.

25. Whiteboard

Whiteboard Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only once i think. Broken ankle with minimal ligament damage. Less then 3 months later he was back. That was in 2017.
    He only ended up missing 3 games for Chelsea because he got injured in the beginning of june on international duty with Belgium.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-miss-start-season-broken-ankle-fear-chelsea/