Been Waiting For This Moment.. All My Life.. Oh Madrid! - Welcome Eden Hazard

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah he's never going to get 100% "fit" at this rate.

He will need to have do a pre-season type workout regime during the Christmas break but I can see the opposite happening with him coming back having put on all the weight again.

2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I get your point but i don't think any pro athlete is ever at 100% during a season. I also think that he can achieve optimal fitness levels even during the season if he keeps playing and training regularly. He looks like he lost some weight, now all he needs is match fitness. If he's playing a lot and he still hasn't regained his Chelsea fitness level than there's something wrong.

The worst thing that can happen to him right now is an injury.

3. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Hazard better be careful, he can easily just be another Cassano in 2 years time.

Funny thing is I can't imagine the club getting more than 3 good years from him. 1 is looking like a waste so far.

gladiator guti and MerlinRM repped this.
  4. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    If we can get a CL and a couple of ligas within those 3 years. Not a problem at all.

5. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at Hazard and the teams results so far this season... don't you think that's a little over optimistic, if not unrealistic..

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We won 2 leagues in 8 years with an in prime all time great. 2 leagues with this version of Hazard is almost impossible

7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good point

8. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Lol ..I know today that seems a bit far away... but we’re still somehow in the liga race and the other teams look just as shaky (Barca/ATM).

9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    If today’s Barcelona was what we were facing when we had CR in his prime we’d have won way more league titles.

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's see how he does tomorrow; otherwise we will know more what it's like to buy a Ferrari and find out it actually does run like a Fiat.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Didn’t score but he continues to improve, he looks quicker and lighter, he keeps this up and the goals will come.

Pundorikakho, libertao and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    We will be sending him to Getafe in a matter of two seasons and replacing him with Mbappe. :cool:

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kinda disappointed he didn’t score in a 6-0 victory. Despite being involved and good dribbling he needs to score some goals. We already knew he wouldn’t make 40/50, but get at least 20 in a season as LW of Madrid.

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Nah dude, Hazard’s here for at least 4 seasons and he is going to shine.

The goals will come, you can tell he’s slowly getting back to his best and the understanding between and his teammates is getting better as well.

Pundorikakho, Halycon, Herzogian and 2 others repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The bar is really low if we are excited from decent games in blow outs with no goals or anything outstanding to show from it

Nathanial Essex, 4x4s and Herzogian repped this.
  16. Herzogian

Herzogian Member

Aug 12, 2019
    You're right ofcourse, it's not good enough. But there are signs that it is improving and not the reverse which is something to be a tad bit optimistic about. Which doesn't take away from the fact that he still has to proof a lot in the Real shirt.

Anon., Pundorikakho, Doni and 2 others repped this.
  17. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The bar is really low, but are we going to just bitch and sulk until he exactly reaches an elite level? Not saying that’s what you’re personally doing, but it’s fine to praise a player who’s improving.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The most expensive player in the clubs history*

I don't know how people see this, but fact is he's been underwhelming for about half a season for us, so unless he has a cracking second round, we're looking at him leaving for international duty in the summer, and coming back from an extended vacation again. Hopefully he won't need half the season to get back up from it again.

Zidane05 repped this.
  19. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Thank you! This mindset Is so damn bizarre, no one is saying that they are satisfied with Hazard’s current level but people are allowed to be content with his progress considering the shape we got him in, he seems to be improving each game and that’s good news to anyone who actually wants to see him work out for us.
    He’s improving game by game, that’s what people are seeing and commenting on, what’s so hard to grasp about that? I get it though the agendas are strong.

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    'He became too heavy' - Hazard's Real Madrid struggles down to weight issues, says Wenger

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The shape he came in. The blame is squarely on him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Yes and I didn’t claim otherwise. Either way you can dwell on that until the end of time or you could root for the player to come good, I’m going to do the latter.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I have to say, the weight thing has to be a gigantic bother though. Even on the amateur level you always show sensitivity, i can't imagine being under this much pressure not just from yourself but from other people as well.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think people are rooting against him. You think this would be an issue if he was performing? I think you can criticize his current performance, highlight his poor conditioning as a cause for those shortfalls, and still root for him at the same time.

25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Pun intended?