Beckham in MLS

Discussion in 'China' started by Fevernova99, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I dont know how many of you are in the US and near a MLS team but I just attended the DCU vs LAG game in DC and it was a lot of fun. I've been a semi regular at MLS games for the last decade and I have to say, including playoffs, this was one of the most exciting crowds. For once there is a real buzz in the air. Beckham's barely fit, he had 2 or 3 passes that were fantastic so I have to say the Beckham mania/hype is probably worth it. Just dont buy tickets too over priced...

I really have to question why MLS doesnt want to try to get a Chinese players. After all one can see the hype with Yao traveling around drawing Chinese and the Chinese NT play here every few years against MLS and USA. Honestly I would love to see someone like Li Tie in MLS, he would fit in really well.

2. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the Earthquake to San Jose next year, can't wait to see Beckham in person vs the Earthquake!

As for Chinese players, I was joking around in the Earthquake forum that they should loan Dong Fangzhuo from Man Utd haha.

3. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The best Chinese player ever to play for a North American team was Townshed Qin. He played with San Francisco Blackhawks in the 1980's and 1990's. He obtained All-Star status. His teammates on the team were Wynalda and Balboa. Qin represented China during the mid-1980's. He lost his place with the NT after the WCQ in 1985. He went to play in the US around that time.