BCL 2015-2016 [r]

Discussion in 'Austria & Switzerland' started by RobtheAggie, Jun 24, 2015.

1. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams are already having matches to prepare:
    19 June
    Thun - Xamax 0-0

20 June
    FCZ - Aarau 3-0
    YB - Schaffhausen 4-3
    Luzern - Wil 3-0

26 June
    Thun - Wohlen

27 June
    Winterthur - FCZ
    Luzern - Schaffhausen
    Thun - Le Mont

2. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26 June
    Thun - Wohlen 0-1
    YB - Wohlen 3-0

27 June
    Winterthur - FCZ
    Luzern - Schaffhausen
    Thun - Le Mont
    Chiasso - Lugano

3. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    27 June
    FCSG - Wil 2-1
    Winterthur - FCZ 1-2
    Luzern - Schaffhausen 2-1
    Thun - Le Mont 4-0
    Chiasso - Lugano 0-0

30 June
    GCZ - Biel 1-1

1 July
    Thun - Aarau 3-0
    YB - LS 2-1

4. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 July
    Winterthur vs GCZ

4 July
    Wil vs FCZ
    Thun vs Schaffhausen
    Sion vs LS

5 July
    YB vs Wohlen
    Sion vs Xamax - this match was cancelled due to the city of Payerne being afraid that the two Ultra groups would cause too much trouble.

5. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let the games begin!

18 July
    LS - Biel
    Winterthur - Wil

19 July
    Le Mont - Chiasso
    Schaffhausen - Xamax

20 July
    Aarau - Wohlen

6. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    18 July
    LS - Biel 5-4 Crazy match in Lausanne. Biel scored their 4 in the 75 min to lead 1-4. LS then scored 4 in 15 min to win.
    Winterthur - Wil 1-2

19 July
    Le Mont - Chiasso 1-1 The remade and much stronger Le Mont squad started the season against their relegation foe from last year Chiasso.
    Schaffhausen - Xamax 2-1 Welcome to the BCL Xamax. In a match that saw two red cards, Xamax realized that the BCL is a little more difficult than the Promotion League.

20 July
    Aarau - Wohlen

7. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Le Mont only had an attendance of 350 people yesterday, and I think that may have been generous.

I'm heading to Aarau tonight. I saw Aarau win in Luzern last year. Sat next to the Aarau fans. They were disappointed with the choice of beer in the away sector and asked me to put some over the barriers to them. They weren't too happy when I said no and then I moved over into the family section. I'm hoping for a better time tonight.

RobtheAggie repped this.
  8. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice! I like the Le Mont team, but by playing in Baulmes, they are a long way from their tiny fan base. Baulmes is difficult (relatively for Switzerland) to get to as there is only one train an hour from Yverdon. The YS fans will not support the team as they are seen as a Lausanne team. Just a difficult situiation.

Nice story about Aarau. Have fun tonight.

KensingtonSC repped this.
  9. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I went to Aarau yesterday, and, typically, the second division games don't draw well, but there were 5,000 rowdy fans crammed into the tiny Brügglifeld. There are only seats in one area, and those seats are damn expensive at more than double the cost of a ticket which gets you everywhere else. (47 CHF vs 21 CHF? Come on!) Everywhere else you either stand or try to sit on the concrete steps. For this match, I went down to the edge of the field and stood behind the advertising boards. Everyone chooses to stand higher. I didn't have a problem from my vantage point.

This stadium was probably my favorite in terms of the experience. The fans were really into it. The ultras were loud and proud. A terrific atmosphere. A stadium that was oversold on a Monday night for a second division game. It was wonderful. You were free to roam wherever you wanted within the concrete steps. You could even switch from one end to the other if you pleased, or if you wanted to stand behind the ultras and experience their singing and banners and flares, you could. When the game was over, no one forced anyone to leave. There were no section ushers because there isn't a need for them. There was a security presence, but it wasn't overwhelming, and you didn't notice it. It was nice. After the game, normally when ushers would be kicking you out, the club invites you to stay, have another beer, enjoy a little more food since all the concessions are open, and hang out with your friends and neighbors. I wished every stadium were like that.

This was one of my favorite stadiums in Switzerland, and FC Aarau earned a soft spot in my heart.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RobtheAggie repped this.
  10. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20 July
    Aarau - Wohlen 1-1

LS 3
    Schaffhausen 3
    Wil 3
    Aarau 1
    Chiasso 1
    Le Mont 1
    Wohlen 1
    Biel 0
    Winterthur 0
    Xamax 0

11. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    25 July
    Wil - Aarau
    Wohlen - Le mont

26 July
    Chiasso - Schaffhausen

27 July
    Xamax - LS

12. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New stadium to check out.
    FC Biel/Bienne will be playing in their new stadium in the next few weeks. Stade Tissot has a 6200 seat Hockey arena, a 5200 seat soccer stadium, commercial area and a curling hall.
    [​IMG]

Nice!

Full article and picture found here (in French).

13. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    25 July
    Wil - Aarau 0 - 0
    Wohlen - Le Mont 2 - 2

26 July
    Chiasso - Schaffhausen 3 - 0

27 July
    Xamax - LS

14. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    The game between Wil and Aarau was just awful. Neither team could hold possession for long and very, very few chances were generated. Wil looked almost like they were playing at home for the draw.

I knew I should've picked Wohlen/Le Mont, but Wil's stadium seemed nicer.

15. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to a Wil/Servette match last November when I was there. Nice small stadium. Wohlen's stadium is not as nice, so if you were looking for stadiums, you chose correct. No as for the match, it seems a surprise that Aarau has played so poor in there first two matches.

16. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Funny thing was that both opponents played down to them, almost if expecting a stronger performance. I honestly don't believe that Aarau was as good as their record indicated last year. I know that's not saying much since they finished dead last, but Mall really kept their season more alive, and it could've been worse for them.

17. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that Mall was the key to their success last year. I expect them to finish mid-table of the BCL.

18. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Went to the Xamax match last night. First off, Neuchatel is a beautiful city. I really wish I could've spent more time there just walking around. Next, because of people being on holiday, and the fact that Xamax did not draw well in the Promotion League, no one was expecting a big crowd at all. As a matter of fact, they were expecting a crowd between 1,000 and 2,000 people. I arrived 10 minutes before kickoff, and didn't get into the place until the 30th minute. The line for tickets was packed with only two people selling. The picture below was from when the match was in the 5th minute. It was horrible. They expected no more than 2,000 and got close to 7,000. The whole one side of the stadium was completely sold out, so they were selling tickets behind the net, next to the ultras. The only problem was that in order to get to your seats, you needed to go through the ultras. Fortunately (at least for me), they were really cool about it. No one said anything about me wearing my Kensington Soccer Club shirt and Union hat, and I went and got to my seat just before Xamax scored.

I gotta say, I love this stadium. It's red EVERYWHERE. The stadium isn't uniform. The walls rise towards the supporters section for some reason. Pictures don't do it justice. It's wonderful. The only bad part (aside from only seeing the last 60 minutes) was that no one bothered to take a hose to these seats. The seats I sat in, more toward the corner flag, probably have not been sat in for YEARS because I came up with dirt and cobwebs all over my pants.

Anyway, the game was fun, despite all the action being at the opposite end of where I sat. I didn't get as many good pictures, as in other games, but I still had fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nico Limmat and RobtheAggie repped this.
  19. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great report. I saw a Biel match in that stadium about 3 years ago. Very nice, but if you do not like red, do not go there, it is all pervasive. I remember that Bernard Challandes sat about three seats from me, as his son was then on Biel, and now plays for Xamax. Nice to see that the city turned out. I imagine that the match also being against LS helped.

General comments about the match mentioned that LS looked to have the run of play and a more definite style while Xamax was still looking to find their style. Not sure how accurate that is.

27 July
    Xamax - LS 1-0

Chiasso 4
    Wil 4
    LS 3
    Xamax 3
    Schaffhausen 3
    Le Mont 2
    Wohlen 2
    Aarau 2
    Biel 0 *
    Winterthur 0 *

* = game in hand

20. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Thanks for the kudos. I only have 10 days left here, so I'm trying to make the most of it in case I never get to come back.

That is a thousand percent true what was said about Lausanne. The funny thing was that Lausanne actually had plenty of opportunities to equalize and they couldn't put the ball in the net. I actually think Lausanne should be considered promotion favorites based on the games I've seen and watching highlights. They look really good, despite the loss last night. Xamax was playing with good emotion, but once they got that goal, they played counterattack and tried to hang on. It paid off, but I don't know how often they'll be able to do that. If LS would've gotten a tying goal or even opened the scoring, I'm curious what Xamax would've looked like from then on because their backline is not very strong.

I think Xamax will be in the lower mid-table range, somewhere like 6-8, but not really threatened to be relegated. Lausanne, on the other hand, could be headed back up if they play the way they're capable of.

21. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 Aug
    LS - Chiasso
    Schaffhausen - Le Mont

2 Aug
    Aarau - Biel
    Xamax - Wil

3 Aug
    Winterthur - Wohlen

Somewhat of a surprising start for Chiasso and Wil, can they keep it up in week 3. Will Xamax follow up their good crowd vs LS with something close to it vs much less flashy Wil?

22. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 Aug
    LS - Chiasso 1-2 After scoring in the 3rd min, LS gives up 2 goals to loose for the second time this week.
    Schaffhausen - Le Mont 2-0 Le Mont never really got going as Ianu scored in the 20' and Schaffhausen added a 2nd in the 90' on a PK.

2 Aug
    Aarau - Biel
    Xamax - Wil

3 Aug
    Winterthur - Wohlen

Do not look now, Chiasso and Schaffhausen are leading the league!

23. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2 Aug
    Aarau - Biel 2-3
    Xamax - Wil 1-3

Aarau is really struggling as Biel gets their first win of the season. Xamax was overrun in the 2nd half by Wil.

24. RobtheAggie

RobtheAggie Member+

Sep 10, 2001
    Middle Georgia
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 Aug
    Winterthur - Wohlen 0 - 0

Chiasso 7
    Wil 7
    Schaffhausen 6
    Biel 3
    Wohlen 3
    LS 3
    Aarau 2
    Le Mont 2
    Winterthur 1

25. 1NiltoWil

1NiltoWil New Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Hello and Greetings! To all supporters of Swiss football! I happen to support one of the most unfashionable clubs in the top 2 tiers of Swiss football FC Wil. As you all know we barely survived the drop last season but watch us this year. I feel we will challenge for the title. All the best to all the clubs supported here and will talk soon!