Battrick thread, Part IV

Discussion in 'Battrick' started by Bluto11, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seargeant is 18. :D

I pulled him last season at proficient batting and something good for concentration, either competent or respectable I think. I started him with one batting, one fielding, and one stamina session and later added a second batting session. He's been getting those four sessions for a lot of last season and all of this one as well.

Wow, you might not even need to give Owens the fitness training I'm giving Seargeant. I'd strongly recomment at least two batting and one fielding. The fitness training may still be of some value to get him additional psych work, but his psych is good enough right now that he may not really need the extra session.

2. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With those sessions, his concentration should be rising faster than his batting. I'd guess you could get at least two and probably three concentration pops in a season. If he's been getting that training for long, his concentration must have been basically nonexistent to start out.

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    it might have been abysmal. I think it popped twice in the time it took for him to pop once in batting. He's 19 so I'm hoping for another 2 conc pops and maybe one when he's 20. not sure how long i'll train him. If I get relegated I should have an easier time in level III. might not win my series, but I won't be as crappy as I am now.

4. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    International teams are starting to be assembled. Should be interesting, as I know that a few in here have said they have potential prospects. I have one 18 yo who MIGHT make the U-19's as a batsman.

Had a bowling pop today, but that's about it.

Also, eclipsed the 1,000 member mark.

Have a bot coming up in the league.

Right now, Scouse Cricket are doing pretty well.

5. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess would be that Seargeant will go to whichever team has the more important competition first. He's eligible for U19, but almost certainly good enough to compete with the full national team.

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That brings up an interesting point... if we've got good enough youngsters we might be better off trying to win that and atleast winning something rather than not winning something w/ the senior team... who knows... I've got to actually visit the sledging boards now...

I think just for our purposes, when we get the new battrick forum we should have a thread for possible national teamers.

7. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    from the Battrick sledging boards:

http://www.freecfm.com/d/dgaust/index.html

Stadium Expansion tool, and training time database. not sure how accurate the training times database is, but it helps. If you have any info you can submit data to them

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thanx... seeing how quickly players pop in stamina @ 17 and then wondering how in hell my spinner is putting up ratings better than my 3 pacers, and realizing its his stamina I'm going to drop a couple players from my training regimen the next time they pop in order to get those guys stamina and some extra nets training... I think I'll stick to just 2 trainees from now on... giving them 1 for fielding and 1 for stamina and 3 for batting/bowling.

9. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just realized I won't be promoting no matter what this season...

the leader of my series will have to play a qualifyer so even if i overtake him I still won't be promoting... this almost makes me want to GFI in the cup, but I don't think that will help anyway... ahh... now to concentrate on training and getting my squad ready for next season.

11. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i'm most likely only going to win 2 or 3 more matches this season, to finish the season with 4! so i'm going down.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    just concentrate on training... u'll be back up in no time... its unfortunate that my 1st match against the toughest team in the division came early in the season... otherwise I might have had a shot at promoting... I guess I'll take the prize money for second and I'll go all out in the cup...

anybody know if there's a prize for reaching the quarterfinals? I still don't think I've got a shot at making it past there but there must be incentives for reaching the semi's I'd imagine.

I've also got another question...

say I GFI in the cup and (regardless of the outcome) I've screwed my fitness for my match against the series leaders so they win comfortably... perhaps aiding them in their quest for promotion would that be a better long term outcome for me rather than TIE in the cup and GFI in the league match, probably beating that leading team and thus increasing the chances that they remain in the league next season making it harder to auto-promote next season and perhaps even making my chances at a cup run even harder (w/ less matches to TIE next season)???

I'm not sure what I should do from a tactical aspect... mind you, I'm not saying I'd be throwing a match... just concentrating on one competition over the other... in a perfect world I'd GFI in the cup and still beat my league rival.

I'm torn between GFI in the cup (I may never have a chance to reach the semi's again) and just playing Normal w/ the hope of winning the match in the league and praying that somehow the auto promote line drops to 4pts less than a perfect season (which I'll achieve if I beat my league rival).

13. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    i'd expect the promotion table to change. I don't think all those people are going to have perfect seasons. The net run rate is the key factor, if you can eek out a win on normal in the league then make sure you try your best to get the net run rate up and you will be in a spot for auto promotion

14. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Does anyone know who username Bentai - team name: Fiddlers in Battrick is? Another user gone awol???

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I guess so... its just that there are so many bots/abandonned teams... my NRR is high enough, its around 17, so I should have no problem if they drop a match, but if they dont then I'm screwed.

16. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    you figure that with the #1 teams playing the #2 teams in each series twice that one of them is going to lose once, if not twice. And with the way the fixtures are set up some of the #1 teams might not have played the #2 teams yet

17. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Has everyone voted on their national managers yet?

I voted for the manager of the best team in SL (who's knocked me out of the cup both years). He's also created a site for SL battrick similar to Hatstats. Very commited to the cause.

For the U-19's, his main (friendly) rival, who is active in the sledgings, got my vote.

18. PirateJohn

PirateJohn New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    California
    I think I've found a real gem from my youth academy. Three weeks ago I oulled a 17 year old with a BT rating of about 3,000. Now, only three weeks later, his rating is about 6,500 and not showing any signs of slowing.

I'm training him in batting and fitness. I think I may have a real star here.

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Does anyone know how the gates are split during the cup if they're split at all???

is it 50/50 or perhaps 60/40 in favor of home team?

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

silly question... how do u vote?

21. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    go to the country home page (click on "West Indies" when you are in the Pavillion). at the lower left you can see Elections, click on that. enter the team number of the manager you want to pick and hit submit. i think you can change your vote up until the election is over.

as for friendlies, i though gates were split 50/50

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanx was curious cuz after expansion I didn't raken in nearly as much as I thought I would w/ the increased capacity... I was worried for awhile until I realized the only match I'd played was in the cup and that revenue was probably shared.

23. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    gotcha. i think Cups might be different then friendlies, they might in fact be 60/40 to the home side.

i just checked. In Cups the home team gets 2/3s, away team 1/3, but in friendlies it is slipt 50/50

24. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Just like HT then.

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shadoedale CC
    Top Order: quality
    Middle Order: proficient
    Lower Order: mediocre
    Seam Bowling: superb
    Spin Bowling: strong
    Fielding: feeble

winningconnection
    Top Order: superb
    Middle Order: proficient
    Lower Order: woeful
    Seam Bowling: proficient
    Spin Bowling: strong
    Fielding: competent

If I GFI these are the ratings I should be able to pull... matched up against the ratings from his last match... it would be somewhat of a WTF match if I won but not a total upset... should I risk the GFI? I've got the edge in fielding and spinners.