Battle of Tulsa

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by USRufnex, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
  2. Sporting Real

Sporting Real Member+

Jun 29, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could we be seeing the birth of the first real, organic derby in American soccer in Tulsa?

3. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sadly the Roughnecks guys have bigger budgets.

davideinstein repped this.
  4. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Tulsa Athletics
    8 hrs ·
    To the Tulsa Roughneckes FC

All of Tulsa wanted to see a Lamar Hunt US Open Cup draw that paired the Tulsa Athletics and Tulsa Roughnecks FC together for the first installment of the Tulsa Derby. Unfortunately, as luck would have it, we were given a second round pairing with the OKC Energy.

We would like to remedy this situation and give Tulsans the game they want by officially inviting Tulsa Roughnecks FC to a June 18th match at Athletics Stadium.

Half of all money brought in from the ticket sales will be given directly to Youth Services of Tulsa.

We look forward to seeing you on the pitch June 18th!
    Sincerely,

The Tulsa Athletics

Sam U El, brentgoulet and Prosoccercdn repped this.
  5. jatrain

jatrain Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This is cute...reminds me of the 3rd party Libertarian or Green candidate challenging the Dems and Pubs to a debate. Typically, when teams are actually serious about scheduling a game, they do it through FO and not through the media.

ManuSooner repped this.
  6. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
  7. Fracas

Fracas Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Tulsa, OK USA
    Any news for Tulsa?

8. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They have a USL team. Head over to that forum for updates

9. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #259 USRufnex, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Tulsa Roughnecks FC are in their second year in USL. I've heard rumor that OKC Energy FC no longer owns a 37% stake in the club. The Tulsa Athletics of the NPSL recently added 3 players to their roster from Creighton Univ. and another 3 from UNC-Greensboro who will play alongside other area NCAA and NAIA players in their 4th season, a season in which the A's will compete in an 11-team South Central conference that recently added the Houston Dutch Lions (formerly PDL) as well as expansion clubs in Shreveport and Little Rock...

The 11k-capacity converted ballpark that serves as the current home of the Tulsa Athletics, a facility that has some surprisingly good sightlines for soccer (especially in the larger upper deck), may be demolished and converted as part of a proposal for a taxpayer funded scheme to lure the BMX National HQ from it's current location in the Phoenix metro area.

If the proposed tax extension passes on April 4th, the Tulsa Athletics will be forced to vacate the stadium as of August 31, 2016.

10. janks

janks Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Tulsa
    Club:
    --other--
  11. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
  12. FootySkeptic

FootySkeptic Member

Sep 24, 2015
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
  13. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Athletics Stadium Open Forum
    Posted on April 6, 2016
    http://www.tulsaathletics.com/news/athletics-stadium-open-forum/

April 6, 2016

Athletis Family -

Celebrate a Vision for Tulsa with us!

BMX is coming to Tulsa and we welcome them with open arms. We are excited about the vision Tulsans have for the future of our city. We welcome any and all things that enrich our local sports scene, while we look forward to a new chapter for sports on this corner.

This means the end of an era for a Tulsa landmark. How many of us Tulsans have taken in a ball game (of any kind) at this old ball park? All of us? That's what we thought. We personally have our memories - Dr. Kern had his 8th birthday here on baseball card night (I still have my Reuben Sierra). My dad SWEARS to this day Monty Fariss hit a ball over the Homeland across the street. The stadium even served as the makeshift home for the original Tulsa Roughnecks of the NASL in 1985.

So celebrate this Tulsa landmark with us! Soon will be the days when you drive past 15th and Yale and say to your son or daughter: "I remember in 2016 when Dave Leung scored an overtime winner to give the Athletics the national championship."

Let's make this summer special. Let's give this old girl the proper sendoff this place deserves. It has given all of us countless memories.

Co-owner and Chairman
    Sonny Dalesandro

Prosoccercdn repped this.
  14. Fracas

Fracas Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Tulsa, OK USA
    What is the relationship between Tulsa athletics and Tulsa Spirits?
    Could they team up to work out a stadium arrangement?
    I don't expect them to include the roughnecks though