Bastian Schweinsteiger Nut Rider Thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by xtomx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    In Latin America it is encouraged and you are looked at as doing your job.

2. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but, Andi is our owner, unless he sells this is one and done.

3. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Don't doubt this at all. That said, Basti has practically an infinite more degrees of freedom in MLS and I suspect he finds that refreshing. Not suggesting that he's completely altered his game. More like a subtle shift. He's no longer bound by the strictures of proper play that are imposed on European kids from the get go. Yes, am well aware of the irony here.

Beyond style of play, am hoping that Schweinsteiger finds his time in the US to be enjoyable. Enjoyable enough to be willing to re-up for a couple more years. The desire to play is evident. As long as his body holds up, I see him playing. God, I hope it's with us! Such an effing boss!

White/Blue_since1860 and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  4. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
  5. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Luckily the German system isn't embedded everywhere. ;)

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah by god, without that help possibly Germany wouldnt have beaten Argentina the last 4 WC encounters in a row. possibly

P to the Wee and Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Perhaps these lads will "win the World Cup!" [emoji23]

splunge63 repped this.
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If only Nikolic had buried that, it would have been one of the best plays in MLS history.

9. splunge63

splunge63 Member+

Mar 30, 2014
    west burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    POTD!

Boandlkramer repped this.
  10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Let's face it, Germany beat Argentina cause they found a way to score a goal while Argentina pooped in their pants when they had their chances (I am looking mostly at you Higuain).
    It really did not have much to do about flare or keeping the ball or the being a maverick issue.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was in fact refering to the last 4 WC encounters and of course is there a pattern. Most prevalent was it in 2010 when Diego was at helm and as a reaction to that Argentina changed the defense setup which only got them into the 2014 final in the first place. Germany did boss possession the WC final against ********in Argentina. Why? Cause they didnt try to out-maverick them in 1v1s and lose the ball which would have let to ARG counters. Germany didnt and doesnt have the players for it. That is why the final was such a snoozefest for neutrals.

That is what Schweini is hinting at all the time. In Bundesliga players wanna control the game, keep the ball and prepare for the deadly attack. In EPL and MLS midfield doesnt exist but attacks are almost always rushed and tried to be won on individiual class in and around the box. EPL clubs lose out in CL, ARG and others lose out in WC. And Schweini coming into Fire is trying to change the mindset from the club, team and fans towards doing what is important to win: control the game in the right situations instead of taking risks like going 1v1.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Very good teams can find a balance at keeping possession and attacking with risky plays.

That said, the German efficiency and discipline is welcomed on a team/League like this that does not have the skill of others.

But him doing his fancy plays are welcome here too and he may see it as a release from the shackles of Draconian non-creativity. :p

splunge63 repped this.
  13. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    The EPL sucks and the fact that MLS teamsnoften try to mirror it is both embarrassing and disappointing. Even our current team basically gets the ball, turns towards goal and moves as fast as it can. I commented on this in a different thread that they'll butn out because of this especially since we don't have depth.

Fans that like "exciting" "footy" are "stupid".

14. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it just me or did the arrival of Bastian force dax to up his game? I would say dax has been the better of the two cms since he got here. Friendly competition maybe? Starting to think he was the last piece of the puzzle. Well a keeper I could be confident in would probably be the last piece of the puzzle

xtomx and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  15. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In Bastian Schweinsteiger and Dax McCarty, we have two of the smartest (soccer-wise) players in MLS.

They both have a great knack for being in the right place at the right time.

Schweinsteiger is constantly directing things on the field. His little hand signal to Vincent on a free kick at the end of the first half (which almost resulted in a goal) was just great.

Red and White 97 and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's not cheating when there are at least 3 states between you and wifey

Red and White 97 and Dage repped this.
  17. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To judge her on her looks would be inappropriate in 2017. We are better than that.
    But they look like siblings and Basti is ******** ugly.

18. BakedAlaskan

BakedAlaskan Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Ancho-RAGE,Alaska
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I try not to rate guys either. Seeeeems a little gay to me.

Back on topic, Bastian has been frickin' awesome since he's been here.

As a neutral fan, the Fire are fun to watch again. What has been the reaction in the stands?

Red and White 97 repped this.
  19. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    We're all a bit more gay now.

eiki, Mikebsiu, GHjelm and 1 other person repped this.
  20. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Dubber Rick

GHjelm, Jiggly_333, bunge and 1 other person repped this.
  21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just like Argentina owns Mexico in the WC, Germany owns Argentina, you have to admit.

22. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew it wasn't going to happen, but this is the guy I was hoping that we signed 5 years ago. For good reason, no way he'd sign back then, but it's GREAT that he's here now. It helps that it seems like he REALLY wants to be here, but somehow I think he'll be gone at seasons end. Our cheapass owner is out of GAM/TAM, it's going to take REAL money to keep him and we all know our owner doesn't do that.

xtomx repped this.
  23. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Maybe we should all plot our Kinsey scores like we did with the political quiz a while ago.

bunge and SixKick repped this.
  24. Red and White 97

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 22, 2017
    AND THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! #LoveisLouder

bunge repped this.
  25. Link?