Basile's Starting Line Up vs Brazil? 2006

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Castroman, Aug 8, 2006.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think he is a good player, but Mascherano was much better than him when he was his age (and still is)..

I do agree with you that Mascherano should stay as the DM.. But the part I disagree with you is that Gago should take Cambiasso's position. I am fine with him being our second alternative if Mascherano is injured or suspended, but I think the WC proved that Mascherano doesn't feel comfortable in the position with another #5 next to him.. The times that he played with Cambiasso next to him, he barely appeared.. But when he was the only one in the middle, he would shine.. In fact, during the World Cup, I had looked at a list of successful tackles that he had done during each game, and he barely did any when he shared the role. But when he was alone, he did an amazing amount of steals..

So yeah, if you want to put Gago as his sub, fine.. But do not share roles.. Please.. :(

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brasil gano de culo.. No me creen? Miren a los nombres de los autores de los tres goles: dos de El-Ano, y uno de Kaka.. :D

Sorry if it sounds immature.. The Kaka thing I got used to (everytime some white kid who doesn't know anything about soccer sees him, they go "ha ha! his name is caca!").. But El ano? lol..

3. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Ahi querian los jugadoes de la bosta en la seleccion ? Ahi los tuvieron.:rolleyes:

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol.. Damn, can't spread more rep to you.

5. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    To the people who are blaiming Riquelme for today's loss. Can you point to one game where another attacking midfielder actually outplayed Riquelme for the spot? It's not as if Aimar hasn't had the chances. When he's out there, he hasn't taken control of the game the way that Riquelme can and has. Aimar is a great talent, and he should be called up, but he has been given a lot of chances (more than Riquelme in the last decade) to solidify his position as go to guy, and his injuries and lack of physical strength has held him back. All this talk of his speed mixing with Messi, etc. is still just talk.

Riquelme gave many great passes to the strikers. But they just didn't capitalize on them. Messi should not be considered a striker. He was so frustrated out there, and he overreached. He wasn't playing to his strengths at all.

6. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    If anyone deserves a shot of playing next to Mascherano in the middle, it's Demichelis. No Dr. Know, it's not because he's from River. It's because the guy is an absolute stud at Bayern and has played in some bigtime matches for them.

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    They both should get a chance. Gago is young and is still improving greatly. He should get his shot.

I agree that Demichelis has looked good for Bayern.

8. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Horrible result yesterday, true. Quite frankly, I was frustrated out of my mind (a feeling I seem to get more often than not from the squad).
    No need to be alarmed at all though, in my opinion. Playing with a brand new back 4, you're bound to get the results we got (vulnerability to counters).
    But in the end, it always revolves around the midfield. And the central issue is whether or not this team is going to be built around Roman for the next couple of years. If it is, then give him the support he nees or else he will be ineffective. You'll get the disattachement where there is no true linking between the midfield and the attack. As much as I like Lucho, I think that he and Roman should NEVER be on the field together. Cuchu provides a better option and partners both Romy and Mascherano better, from what I've seen.

If you don't use Romy, please tell me what is wrong with el cabezon? D'Alessandro has played in that role before for the team and he has done very well. I don't understand why his talents need to be wasted. And someone please tell me what Aimar has ever done to not get a fair chance with this team.
    And also, Messi CANNOT be played up front. People want to make him something he just isn't yet. The best place for him right now is the same position he plays at Barca and that is where he should be left until such time he has fully developped. Then, we can think about handing over that #10 shirt to him. Anything else, and he will be wasted.
    We need a true frontman to partner Tevez. But until then, please tell me why isn't Saviola playing for this team? I love this little guy and he has been in good form. Yet again, an underutilized player in this team. And boy, I bet Crespo could have made a difference yesterday. Having said all that, my lineup yesterday would have been:

Tevez Savi

Aguero Romy Messi

Mascherano Cuchu

Rodriguez Milito Zabelleta

Pato

That's using the players that were called up (with the exception of Cuchu)

9. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    I like everyone you'e chosen minus Milito. He worries me as he seems likely to foul a lot. Is this just me or does he really need to work on that?

10. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It might be just you. Most seem to agree he was our most solid defender yesterday, at least before Basile decided to put him on the left. Seriously, WTF is up with Basile and playing people out of position (Milito at LB, Insua at LM, Messi as Striker)

11. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Argentina deserved a goal at least.

Messi was trying really hard to do something, running for the ball and at the people who has it. I felt sorry for Messi when Kaka stole the ball from him and scored an absolutely fantastic goal.

There were 2 notable chances that should have been a goal, which was in the 2nd half, Sergio Aguero got the ball and was 1 on 1 w/ the goalkeeper. I was surprised he didn't score on that one.

Another was when Aguero clips the ball above, and # 21 (don't know who he is) just shot it wide. A ridiculous miss with all the defenders standing behind him and only the goalie there.

Then again, Brazil also had a few other shots (Fred's) that should have goals too. What I liked about this match was the tension, you can see that it's not a friendly. Overall, Brazil deserves the win, but the scoreline is a bit misleading.

12. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguero's chance really was very difficult, I was right behind that goal and he was at a tight angle and it was no more than half a chance. A bit of Aguero magic created a chance for Insua who blazed over, it was a terrible attempt at goal. I believe Bilos also missed a sitter. I wouldn't have a go at Messi for anything, he is only 19, he's already one of the best players in the world and will be the best player in the world for a long time so I think we can allow him the odd mistake now and again. :cool:

13. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Like I said, I was only choosing players that were on the squad with the exception of Cuchu (simply because I thought Lucho was cluless...like he was in the game against the Germans.)
    I am not a big Milito fan although he did play okay versus Holland. My ideal backline would be Heinze (I love this man even though he gave cause to worry during the WC), Ayala, and probably Burdisso (Had a nice showing at the WC but I'm not 100% sold on him yet). I don't know much about Zebelleta but I have a feeling he might grow on me.

I can't believe we could not score a goal after domination possession for some long stretches during the 2nd half. God, why did Cavenaghi have to go and burry himself in Russia? I just don't see how our contingent of dwarves can get the job done on a consistent basis against all comers.

When will my Albiceleste not give me cause for frustration?

14. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Agüero passed it to Insua. :/

15. mariealus

mariealus New Member

Feb 24, 2006

I liked Burdisso a lot, even though he looked shaky the first WC game, although I chalk that up to the physicality of the Ivorian players. Ayala is like, the backbone of defense. That man could have seriously changed the game yesterday- especially considering how many corners we had.