Barra Brava was awesome tonight!

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by G Enriquez, Apr 3, 2010.

1. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Despite the result,Barra Brava was awesome tonight. You guy's rocked
    RFK Stadium. Keep up the great work!

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Epic tailgate, big thank you to Justin and Pedro and their respective bands. They definately rocked the house. LaVar and Chad Dukes showing up was cool. Spoke with Dukes for awhile and he was really impressed.

The sections were packed and high energy. Great showing by all involved, didn't stop until the final whistle. That's what I love most about the Barra. You guys brought it....

3. emanon

emanon Member

Aug 17, 2007
    MD
    Club:
    DC United
    From twitter (LaVarArrington) - Video of LaVar and the Barra inside RFK
    http://youtu.be/Za4W5V032uQ

=====
    Willchangdcu: @LaVarArrington Thanks for coming yesterday. So, got to ask, are THE DC UNITED FANS THE MOST PASSIONATE FANS YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED? #DCU #C

LaVarArringon: @willchangdcu "Will 1st of all thanks so much for the awsome reception! u r a class act! and yes you have some very very impressive fans!!"

Willchangdcu: @lavararrington You are a class act too. Not a whole lot of celebs spend that much time with the fans. Thank you from the DCU family.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Good? Got to party with the man who ended Troy Aikman

The Bad? The music on that video blows :D

5. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    man 138 was a C- When they were going, they were going, but I had to yell at a few sitting down after the 2nd goal, one obliged and stood up, the other kept texting away. Then the guy in front of me tried to start an argument with me about "how can you support a team that plays this bad?". I and his friends alike, told him he was sitting in the wrong section. I'm sure you all know what I said to him, the same thing you all would have said.

6. White Hart

White Hart New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    dc
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i could have used you over by the 50 yard line cause all of screaming eagles was silent the entire game

7. freekickwiz

freekickwiz Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    Under the endless sky
    Club:
    DC United
    That's cool about Lavar and Chad Dukes. But yeah, wish the raw audio was on that video :/

8. LEXX619

LEXX619 New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    SILVER SPRING
    138 was weak. Maybe if spread out the drummers or something might help? I didn't get the cat's name standing up front with me screaming, but at times it was basically us screaming our heads off. Still a great time though. I can't wait until the next home match because my broke ass can make it to Philly!

9. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    no voice left....def not too bad, all sections packed! too bad our boys ddint play as well as we sung

10. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who and who? :confused:

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynBZNiE9EA"]YouTube- LaVar retires Aikman[/ame]

12. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lavar Arrington

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynBZNiE9EA"]YouTube- LaVar retires Aikman[/ame]

13. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn, Chico and I think alike :p

14. Pats/Hokies Fan

Pats/Hokies Fan New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    Was trying to get the crowd in 138 into it. It's always a mixed bag there. But every little bit of improvement helps. I gotta start taking it easier on my vocal chords tho. Pops came over to help in the 2nd half so I got a break.

15. White Hart

White Hart New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    dc
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ilavar got moboed but i know dukes a little bit, and we talked for awhile. just the tailgate blew his mind. i have been telling him for 8 months and its like he didnt understand till he saw. he kept saying "i just had no idea, no idea this was even out there"

16. Unitard Fan

Unitard Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, 138 was kinda dull. At one point, out of boredom, I tossed the last 1/8 of my beer, but it must've hit the whole section in the back of the neck and gave them a shiver because all I heard next was the whole section -- high pitched and wimpy-like -- go "hooo!" That was about as loud as they got all night, lol.

17. DCWarrior

DCWarrior Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A group in 138/139 would keep trying to do different chants than the rest of the Barra. I mean you can't hear the other thousand Barra to your right doing a different chant?!

Other than that, the Barra was loud as sh!t. It WAS PACKED! I tried to go into the stands to grab some photos but it was just too crowded to even lift my camera.

18. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Barra Brava was awesome saturday night. The energy came through
    on tv.

19. smith2sc

smith2sc New Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barra is the best; heres another short video of Lavar, minus the awful music.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUp7ed7CIwg"]YouTube- Lavar Arrington w/ the Barra 04/03/10[/ame]

20. luvean

luvean New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    no, there were times when we really couldn't.

21. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sound does not carry as far as a lot of people think it does. Many times I've been in 138 and you really, really can't make out what's going on in 135 & 136.

22. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    yes - but looking at the leaders should give a clue - except for the clueless....