Barcelona SC- Part II (2008/2010)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by ecuajhony, Jun 23, 2005.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Do you think he's Europe material? I mean he is so young I'd hate for him to go Gruezo's way but Angulo just has everything doesn't he? The speed, the body, the headers, the shot and the character. Should he start in Argentina/Brasil? Can they afford him? I fear if he goes to Mexico he'll get stuck there.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Well I never thought Enner would end up in EPL. All the things that B9 pointed about Angulo I havent see in another Ecuadorian striker so young and to start in our league. Caicedo began his career in Europe. So to see this is really amazing.

What I think would be the smartest thing to do is to loan him out to Brasil or Argentina so he can grow draw more interest and have his Value go up. IDV would hold all his rights and if Europe picks him up then they can sell him for 10mil and he would be more ready to make it in Europe.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Either that or a team from Belgium, Nether Lands, Portugal Pick him at maybe 5mil or loan and then he moves to a bigger league.

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    No argentine team that's not Boca or River would be able and willing to pay the price for him. Loaning? they wouldn't do it either. What do they really win by doing that? They can promote a youth level striker or purchase one at a cheaper price and if they have a successful season, revamp the price and bank off them. Only the smaller teams would want to loan, but what does Angulo or IDV win in VALUE by placing him in a smaller team? Not much. Actually less exposure if that team doesn't compete for the league or any international tournaments. Say he gets injured. ALL money lost that could've been gained off a sale today since his worth is on the rise.

Brazil- YES. They have the funds to purchase Angulo and so does Mexico. If he stays in the Americas these are the only two viable places for him. Obviously Brazil is the better option. Do I think it's the best option? Probably not. I think at his age if he can make the leap to the Eredivise, Belgium, Portugal he will be on the right path. I feel like he could make it in a small team in Spain or mid table team in Italy. The kid is good. I don't see him in EPL or bundesliga just yet. It would be a tougher adjustment and right now IMO he has to continue the flow of things going for him. Go somewhere you'll play- make it there- then challenge yourself to the top leagues.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Being a fan of Barcelona is not for those with a weak heart.

LoreBSC repped this.
  6. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Thank you Liga :(

7. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I watched it too, Liga VS Emelec has been an excellent match for the last few years in my opinion but tonight's game was just boring, Why did Gutierrez keep Cevallos in the bench? Is Luis Bolaños really worthy of being a starter? Emelec didnt look that great either.
    Last thing, Quinteros looks to be getting it together

8. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    It's the second coach that decides to keep Cevallos minutes short since Borghi didn't use him much, I dont understand what is happenning? Is Cevallos maybe not that good? He's already 21 or 22, could it be that he isn't becoming what Liga had hoped for?

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think it's the coaches trying to let Aleman free on that midfield, I have seen Cevallos play and I'd like to think he's the real thing, even with very little he's given he makes a difference.
    Anyway this score sucks for us, Emelec still has one postponed game to play and that would put them 4 points ahead of us, If they beat El Nacional in Quito this Sunday the etapa is over.

LoreBSC repped this.
  10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #1285 javer, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Yea I think your right. I think he plays better with regular wingers like Bolanos, and Quinteros rather than be accompanied by play makers like Morales and Puch.

You mean Franklin Salas ? I think he is currently the assistant coach. why do you say its him ? . He could have played next to Benavides but they went with Intriago. So yea not sure whats up but he is a great player. Lets see what happens in the next couple of games. I dont think Guitierez is still too familiar with everyone yet. He might have noticed that Borghi did use him that much so maybe he doesnt trust him to much yet or is still in the process of testing players out.

LoreBSC repped this.
  11. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cevallos Jr. is very much THAT good. He was one of the most consistent players along with Morales last year. What happened this year? Borghi screwing up EVERYTHING in Liga and then Cevallos losing rhythm. It happens. Even Quinteros fell off and has recently been picking himself back up. Madrid....let's not even talk about it.

I'm glad Intriago is playing b/c he's another good player we have in Liga. The real question is how this coach views Cevallos? does he look at him as an attacking midfielder or more as a center mid? I personally think he can play both really well. At one point when Zubeldia was coach we played Cevallos-Hidalgo-Intriago in the mid. It was one of my favorite partnerships in the midfield I've seen in recent years. There's room for Cevallos in the line up as long as players like Chucho Bolanos aren't starting. I worry that we improvise with Vega as a left back. I miss seeing Pervis there A LOT. He was very important to this squad.

LoreBSC repped this.
  12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We are Killing Catolica

LoreBSC repped this.
  13. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Wth is going on? Lol I just got home rushing. I turned on the TV and its already 4-0 minute 31

14. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Castillo in the bench, Marquez is the DM, your boy Anderson is in.

15. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    With this win, Barcelona is in first place again.

16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My respects to Banguera, he was set on allowing a goal today.

LoreBSC repped this.
  17. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    LMFAO he was totally distracted.

18. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    maybe he should have played dead, again. ;)

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    LDU vs River, the ref really screwed this game up, 2 non existent penalties, 2 red cards that made no sense. Just a horrible job by the ref..horrible.

20. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Liga holding on to that lead with claws and nails all they doing is looking for Quinteros to do anything, Aleman is a turtle.

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    And JFC in the bench...smh

22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Cholo Luna literally bumped into that ball lol

23. LoreBSC

LoreBSC Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Union City NJ
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Cevallos is in, Guitierrez is giving him about 8 minutes, I'm convinced that there's something wrong, maybe Paz is mad at him.

24. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's 2 -2 now!!!

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You think? I like Liga's offense but the defense hace agua, Solìs drove them crazy.