Barca-Valencia [R]

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Argentina Girl, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Argentina Girl

Argentina Girl New Member

Jul 7, 2004
    1-1.
    Fiore 62'
    Ronaldinho 79' (pen)

Not the prettiest game to watch but good to get a draw against Barca. But I can't help thinking that if Ranieri had let Aimar in on the pitch earlier on Valencia could have won this one. What's this crazy idea of Ranieri to keep the Argentine players on the bench??? Ayala didn't play at all, if he's still injured why have him dressed up just to come and sit on the bench?

2. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Apparently the Barça penalty was non-existent. Can anyone comment?

3. diabouloussataneus

diabouloussataneus New Member

Apr 7, 2004
    not even close ronaldinho just fell without being touched.

4. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: the Argentine players...I believe Ayala is still injured. As to why he dressed, I'm not sure, but if he was 100% healthy, he would have played, especially in as big a game as Barca-Valencia. Aimar has been very injury-plagued the last couple years. I'm not sure what his fitness level was for today's game, but I don't think Ranieri is boycotting using his Argentines. Aimar is clearly one of our best players and Ayala is without question our best defender, when healthy.

As far as Ronny's dive went, it really makes me sick when world-class players dive and get calls. Last year Raul went down in the box without any contact against us, causing us to draw against Real. It's extremely frustrating to lose out on two crucial points to a team like Barca when their star takes a dive. I love Ronaldinho, but that's a dispicable move, especially that late in the game.

Overall, not a bad result, but three points and five wins in a row would have been great.