Bar Italia - old men banter thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Star-Lord, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    “It’s not easy to win in England, as there aren’t trophies already booked before they even begin.”

- Antonio Conte

La Magica and NickyViola repped this.
  2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congrats to Gigi Buffon on yet another incredible scudetto trophy. Also good luck to him in his future ventures in Paris where he will finally have a chance to win the Champions League. The only trophy in the world that eludes him

[​IMG]

JCNapoli17 repped this.
  3. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You can't talk about trophies if Padoin has been more successful than your club ever has.

Falc repped this.
  4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    the one guy on this forum who can actually cheer for someone in the world cup because he isn't really italian anyways lol ... enjoy your june

5. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    don't ask for forgiveness... Napoli fans are the portuguese of Italy.. annoying little maggots

6. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

JCNapoli isn't even italian... maybe half an asshair is neopolitan (the part thats covered in cacata)...

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we're supporting teams by our Italian roots, Juve would have 5000 fans tops.

NickyViola repped this.
  8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lots of people live in Torino.. including a ton from the south who moved up there post ww2 for work or to serve and fight vs Tito/Yugoslavia

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wooow impressive. My aunt used to work in Torino for Fiat. Am I qualified for to be a rube fan?

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My mother is from Salerno. I have travelled to Napoli. So I have good reason not to support them.

An article came out showing which clubs got the most points from favorable calls. Napoli was among the top. Juve had negative points. By that standard, the scudetto would have been wrapped up for us by April. Quit your whining, it is not a mark of a champion. But the again, how would you know.

calabrese8 and gumbacicc repped this.
  11. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol.. we're not talking about you... your argument was that juve fans havent even travelled to torino before... i have had family with roots there since late 1940s supporting juve. Since it doesn't satisfy your argument.. you are now going to change and spin the argument. Just like Napoli... if they can't win.. lets blame it on VAR... if that doesn't work.. they'll blame their shortcomings (PUN INTENDED) on whatever you can grasp.

ps Milik on the left haha

[​IMG]

12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It was a chance to grow on an international level and reach new fans.

13. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You realize those fake "real standings" tables are a joke and people stopped taking them seriously years ago?

Just on my own, I can point out 3 games where Juve collected 9 points based on bogus reffing.

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Right. But the vast majority of Rube fans have absolutely nothing to do with Torino and come from rural areas in other provinces.

So if you're going to chastise JC for not being a "real" italian, you need to look at your own fan support.

15. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I saw a Mexican wear a Juventus Jersey in Mexico. Didn’t say anything to him and minded my own business as the polish proverb goes not my circus not my monkeys. Perhaps if I had been on vacation with calabrese he could have asked the man for his DNA to check for gobbo genetics.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Arjun Pradeep is the biggest Juve fan on twitter. We need to revoke his Juve cred ASAP

calabrese8 and JCNapoli17 repped this.
  17. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Maybe his ass hair is gobbo DNA

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Are you referring to fake "real" or "honest" scudetto? You have no place to call jokes. Hell, you depended on Inter to get you close. Still would not have been enough. Where do your 9 points come from? CNN

calabrese8 and gumbacicc repped this.
  19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Napoli are the REAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If it helps you sleep better at night.

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I presume Napoli getting raped by Fiorentina and dropping points at home to Torino with its season on the line was all a part of Juve's master plan as well...

calabrese8 repped this.
  22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Remember, they lost it in the hotel the night Juve made its comeback against Inter. I think celebrating as if the scudetto was secured even though being a point behind in the standings did the trick.

gumbacicc and calabrese8 repped this.
  23. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I was born and raised in Italy until i was 12 and i go back home every year. Theoretically i'm supposed to be a Cagliari fan since i lived in Sardegna but my uncle was a chef in Milan and started bringing me all kinds of Milan soccer stuff so i naturally became a fan. We all support Cagliari and we have some die hard fans but most of us have different teams we cheer for, we've got "certified" fan team bars, you pay a membership to the club and you receive some perks for your establishment. In my town we have a Milan, Inter and Juve bar, most are small tabacchini but others are decent sized bar. On match day you go support your team, eat and drink. This is at a small Juve bar by my house, it's safe to enter after a match and they make the best cappuccino's ever. And that's a little bit of my Milan stuff :p

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on

GNWnrU9xGj0rc2wl_gjHXmNXRC5ag4tLB-DJx0f5fwopX92IB.jpg dylaHF-5jv6NFxSrYY5NGHFF_5tTgIYbeHqkrZBxs7kpX92IB.jpg

whill4, Rosay, Falc and 2 others repped this.
  24. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    sounds good to me.. he doesn't have the Juve DNA
    if Juventus had a Napoli like trophy case.. he would not be a juventus fan

we can all agree winning brings bandwagoners

25. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    good one mr google translate. how's the fruit cake tasting?