Banned Word vs Napoli - Matchday 34

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Apr 21, 2018.

1. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Probably not. I went over there for the first time today and it's not very active over there lol

2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Post it in the bar Italia thread that’s the collective troll each other thread, don’t troll their forums

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  3. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #53 tripwire, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Team showed guts, heart, and a never say die spirit that makes me so proud. Milik should have started, and you saw on the goal why. K2 ran in behind the space he created as Juve had to account for his presence. Mertens was the worst of the starting 3 up front by far. And give credit to Callejon who was a threat all night, and his corner was so sweet.

Bravi Ragazzi

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I wasnt planning to, it was a joke... and I'm not gonna be like that Juve fan that came to our forum last time we played against them

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    callejon constantly gave the ball away or passed it way backwards when we had a great chance to counter, imagine if he was just a bit better we'd beat this juventus team by 2 or 3. Mertens was a big reason why Juventus only had 4 shots because with his pace he can run in space and if juve dont account for that by parking a bus so hard they would be dead; a perfect example of this was when Benatia and Chiellini stepped forwards and Mertens did them both dirty with 1 touch and got through on goal - unfortunately Benatia tripped him and somehow didnt get sent off despite being last man. When Milik came on Juventus started pressing us higher and got further up the pitch and the match started to look more evenly than straight up Napoli dominance, luckily for us a moment of witchcraft from callejon and k2 made our day.

My point is starting Mertens was reasonable and more tactical than people might think, if Juve started the game with only milik to worry about who knows what wouldve happened. With Mertens starting Sarri made sure we started the game with possession in juventus' half

6. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I actually think Milik should have started along with Mertens.

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yup Callejon killed a couple of chances for sure, but he gave that D problems including his onside volley. The entire team pressing was more of the reason why Juve were on their heels all night. Jorginho was all over that midfield and winning possession more often than not.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    28 my friend.

I cried too.

Danijel repped this.
  9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    but they got forward once Milik came on and the game started looking more 50/50. Milik did his though by being a threat that needed marking on that one last corner

10. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    This reminds me when we won the Scudetto back in 2000. Beat Juve 1-0 in Turin and eek past them on matchday 38. With their form you'd think they would drop points vs Inter or Roma.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can’t take the ********ing pressure anymore. Was looking forward to a relaxing month.

This is too much. I woke up with anxiety.

FORZA NAPOLI SEMPRE

12. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Spalletti’s Inter has a tendency to kill games before they even start (like Juve did to us until Koulibaly goal)

Roma will still be going for Top 4 when the Gobbi come into town and they have Coppa final midweek before the Roma game too...

All and all.. let’s go!!!

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Just relax, juventus are still favourites. a week ago we were nowhere near them so anything from here is just a plus and we're along for the ride.

I dont trust roma or inter to do anything,
    we play sampdoria and fiorentina who are also really good.

imagine if VAR actually did its job we'd be champions already

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think juve will pick up 7-8 pts. Draw inter and Rome will beat the cunts, worse case they draw. No victory.

Napoli I can see picking up 10-12 pts. Fiorentina hate Juve...they should play an easy game. Minimum a draw but possible win. 2 home wins and sampdoria are a mess.

Congrats!

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're overrating Mertens's performance. Yes was he wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great either. He was removed rightfully because we needed a real striker in there. Sarri doesn't play tactical possession games. We play a vertical game to score always. The game opened up because that's what happens in scoreless draws around the 70th minute. IN hindsight, he should have started with Milik and inserted Mertens later. But who cares because it's water under the bridge now.

I was really surprised by Juve's performance and thought this would be a much tougher game. They did absolutely nothing with their counters and were content to keep a point. Call it an identity crisis, i have no idea. But they're falling apart at the right time

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I'm talking about his value as a player. Mertens being small, tricky and fast meant that Juve's backline wouldnt push up as high in fear of Dries running in behind, the first thing Juventus did when Milik came on was to push further up.
    I still think it was a tactical decision from Sarri to start Mertens over Milik and not necessarily stubbornness. I for one am glad Juventus didnt get to put a pressure on us in the beginning of the game; and I also suspect part of the reason they didn't was out of respect for the pace our front 3 had.

In terms of Mertens bad form I dont think its fair to just blame Mertens, his teammates literally have been too shit to find him. The balls from callejon, allan and hamsik almost never get to Mertens with enough quality, its often up to Jorginho and Insigne to find him. Maybe Milik should start as a result of how badly we have been playing lately resorting to just crossing balls in headlessly instead of good combination play this team is famous for.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Apparently the italian players are not liking the fact that there are so many foreigners on the team now. For juve. Sounds like the old men from the Azzurrri are doing what they did at the world cup at juve lol

18. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lmao

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really need Fiorentina and Torino to roll over. They hate Juve.

Insigne4BalonD'or and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You can sugar coat it any way you want but Mertens is exhausted and his goal drought is nearing two months. His role as false 9 isn't working anymore and this has been evident in the past couple of games. He never looked like he was going to score and this is a problem.

His role in the set-up needs to be re-thought.

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  21. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He should go back to being a Lorenzo sub for a bit.

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @NickyViola you think your boys are going to give us any favors lol

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They’re fighting for EL spot. I doubt they’ll roll over

24. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    These guys however....

Cairo: ‘Torino won’t step aside’

By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Torino President Urbano Cairo assures “we’ll try to honour the league” ahead of the Napoli game in two weeks.

The Granata are out of Europa League contention and safe from relegation, and they face the Partenopei in Week 36.

Maurizio Sarri’s side are just a point behind Juventus, Toro’s city rivals, at the top of Serie A, but the President assures there’ll be no favours.

“We’ll try to honour the league, as it should be,” Cairo said on Gr Parlamento.

“We’ll try to finish the season really well and start again next year with a team built for [Coach Walter] Mazzarri.

“Juventus still have a point on Napoli and they’ll try to cling on to that with their teeth and fingernails.

“The important thing for Napoli now is to keep their feet on the ground, enthusiasm is good as long as you don’t lose your head.

“They achieved an extraordinary feat yesterday, not least for how they dominated the game, but they still have 360 minutes to go.”

Cairo also discussed Torino’s season, having refused to sell Andrea Belotti in the summer.

“I don’t regret not having sold him last year. The objective for the next season is to keep hold of him and start again in a great way.

“This is a season of regrets, I think we had an important squad but we were without Belotti for with two injuries, we lost him for three months of the season. We bet a lot on him after not selling him.

“After the first half of the season I got Mazzarri, who I’ve thought for a long time has remarkable skill, to get the season back on track and in my heart I hoped we could make up the lost ground on Europe.

“We almost got there but then things started going less well, but Mazzarri had a team built for others and there can be issues in that scenario.”

25. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Favor for what? You've been saying all season that no Napoli fans on here think you can win the scudetto.