Baltimore Blast "Appearance on HBO Series"

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Joey Tee, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to the Blast tonight on another trip to the Finals!

The Wifey and i are in a heated marathon of the HBO Series The Wire based on Baltimore PD. In season 3 episode 9 minute 1:08 of the episode, Officer Mcnulty opens his son's bedroom door and low and behold, a Blast pennant is on the wall. As he leaves about 20 secs later it is spotted again...

Good placement there!

Follow up question: Who all has been admitted to the Blast Hall of Fame? The Banners are two fold i can see from the Arena cam. Are there more?

Thanks!

TEE

Blastnut2 and Scooge repped this.
  2. powerplay13

powerplay13 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Believe I saw that on "The Wire" years ago. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot all about it. Was at the game tonight and the Blast pretty much dominated! Congrats to them for once again advancing to the finals. As for the Hall of Fame, click on the link and scroll to the middle of the page to see who has been inducted. Sagu was inducted this season.

http://www.baltimoreblast.com/team/about-the-blast/

Joey Tee and Blastnut2 repped this.
  3. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    There are 23 players and coaches in the Blast Hall of Fame.

4. Nick79

Nick79 Member

May 4, 2015
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    You know, that is really doing research and being authentic. Putting up an Orioles or Ravens pennant would have been the lazy thing to do. LOL

Joey Tee repped this.
  5. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you continue to watch the show you will see it several times over the seasons. I cant remember the other shows and Movies it was shown in that were filmed in Baltimore.

Joey Tee repped this.
  6. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show "Homicide: Life on the Streets" was set in Baltimore, but they never had any Blast references. They did go to a CFL game one year in the mid- to late 90s during the CFL's American expansion era. In the Robin Williams movie, "The Fisher King," there is an indoor soccer game being broadcast on a TV in the background with the Blast as one of the teams.

Joey Tee repped this.
  7. kinznk

kinznk Member

Feb 11, 2007

At 54 seconds in this scene from the movie The Accused with Jodie Foster you will see a Tacoma Stars pennant on the wall of the bar.

Joey Tee repped this.