Balotelli/Giovinco/youngster thread [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by rizzuto123, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Santon has to leave Inter asap. He'd be a starter on any other Italian team by now. Another cause for concern is that Rannochia is with Inter as well. Will he be wasting his time and developing at a snails pace also?

2. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ranochia will replace Cordoba, maybe not this season but next for sure.

3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    In all honesty, as much as I think Inter has been neglectful towards Italian talent over the years, I don't think they would've bothered to acquire Ranocchia unless they had actual plans for him. It's not like purchasing a 30 year old just so they can use him as a depth player. In this case they purchased a 22 year old domestic talent, who they obviously see has a lot of potential. I don't expect him to challenge for a starting spot much this season. But I definitely see big plans for him going down the road.

4. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Coppa Italia
    ----------
    vs. Udinese Played 73" and scored his 1st goal for Samp
    [R] -> http://www.football-italia.net/jan19p.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ABCSZYDa4"]YouTube - Macheda vs. Udinese[/ame]

5. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Probably one of the biggest flops in recent memory, right next to Rosina. I'm not at all surprised that his career took a downward spiral when he returned either. It seems as though this country thrives on destroying our talented youth.

7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so was it fiorentina's fault his career went down?? they didnt play him at all in 2 years....its a shame how italian clubs kill youth development, no wonder why the football is where its at now.
    but he did score 11 goals last season and he's still young, someone needs to give him a chance

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by the way i hope the same doesnt happen to macheda now that he's back in italy, he was doing great in man u and now in samp and their bad form he will have a hard time scoring

he should go back to england, italy is not a place for youngsters

9. Denton52

Denton52 New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Perth
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too many of the fields/pitches are a joke in Italy. How can you develop technically when the ball is bobbling around every 2 seconds.

Macheda should've stayed in England to develop. Will get virtually no service at Samp.

10. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This thread is depressing me.

Wake the f*** up Italy!!

11. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. futbolista918

futbolista918 Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Fan:SerieA,ItalyUSNT
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Santon loaned to Cesena

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wow sucks for him, he wont get noticed

14. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hmmm... he's really going to have to be special there to get Cesare's attention, no doubt.

15. Bruticus

Bruticus Member

May 18, 2009
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Could be the best thing that ever happens to his career, Santon has let the fame go to his head maybe playing for a bottom table team like Cesena will open his eyes to just what a privelige it was to play for Inter... I'm glad he is already setting his sights on a comeback shows the kid still has the hunger to succeed with us.

16. ajstaiti

ajstaiti New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's only going to be there until the end of the season. This is good for him and inter as he still hasn't fully recovered from the injury he sustained last year. Santon needs to get his confidence back and playing for Cesena will allow him regular playing time on his natural right side. At inter right now, he's not playing well enough to merit regular starts and this won't help him rediscover his form.

If you want my opinion, I think Inter are planning to cash in on Maicon this summer. And if Santon rediscovers his form, he will feature on the right next season.

17. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone notice the trend lately, with the younger stars at some of the top serie a clubs, Napoli with Cavani and Hamsik, Udinese with Sanchez, Fiorentina with Jovetic, Lazio with Zarate, Palermo with Pastore. Compare these players with the Italian players on there squads their almost all better and very young.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hows he doin at cesena?

19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP8pEFCTa1c"]YouTube - Parma vs Juventus 1-0 - Goal & Highlights - 15/05/2011[/ame]

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The side of Balotelli that the media doesn't give as much attention to. Hope this is a sign of him getting his head in order, he looked really good in the FA Cup final.

21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

as a juve fan i was pissed when he left, i was pissed when he was at juve and wasnt getting enough playing time, and even more pissed that we lost both games to parma this year due to giovinco

those 6 points would've been enough to get us to CL or close to it

so a big F U to juve management, get your shit together! :mad:

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Balotelli will never get his shit together. Cassano 2.0

23. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular]Santon off to Newcastle?[/FONT][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]An Inter exit for Davide Santon before the transfer window closes is looking increasingly likely, reports Sky Sport Italia.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]The young full-back has returned to the Nerazzurri this summer after spending six months on loan with Cesena.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Nevertheless, another move now looks on the horizon with a number of teams keen on his signature.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Although Roma have expressed an interest, it seems that the 20-year-old could end up in the Premiership.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Newcastle United are keen and it is being claimed that the player’s agent will hold talks with the English club to assess their offer.[/FONT]

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what to make of this

24. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wish Dela would pick this kid up....we are gonna regret it.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he made the move to newcastle, its over