[B]Who is better Ronaldinho or Maradona?[/B]

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by lamrof, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he stunk today too. thats three games in a row where he has done nothing. im pretty sure he will stink next game too. and ive never said ronaldo of today is better then ronaldinho. ronaldo has become a lazy fat joke. obviously ronnie is better then him.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ronaldo was in the 1994 squad too no? i know he didnt play but he does get the trophie still.

3. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Ronaldinho is showing his worth. His play in the Japan match was Gold. He is playing as a true midfielder, his passes were money. So far so good.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he most certainly hasnt been the worlds best type showing his worth. he wasnt that terrible against japan but that doesnt make up for his two first games. overall hes been a huge disappointment.

5. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    A disappointment by his standards I think. He hasn't given any Maradona-like performance so far!

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    not even close. being his teams best player would be a start though. and until that happens this debate is dead.

7. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    I think hes just defferring too much to his Brasilian teamates. If he took it upon himself then its over. I think hes too much of a teamplayer playing for Brasil than Barca.

But yeah, he hasn't put up a performance close to Maradona or even to that of Ronaldo 98.

The WC still not over though, so we shouldn't speak too soon. A player of Ronaldinho's caliber can turn it on anytime and shock the world with a wonderful performance in the knockout stages.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    that is true. when he is on hes as good as anyone. we just gotta wait and see what happens. its hard for him to dominate the way Maradona did because hes playing with so many great players. it seems teams think that if they can stop ronaldinho they can beat brazil. thats obviously not the case. that approach is bad for him, but good for brazil.

9. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Agreed. Plus, with all the yellow/red cards they're flashing, this would be the perfect opportunity for him to defy his critics. But it's not happening :( . Maybe if Brazil have their backs against the wall, we'll see something. Until then, Ronnie is just another average player. Like Joe Cole or Franck Ribery!

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    joe cole has been better then ronaldinho so far. hes been englands best player in two out of four games in my opinion. i dont think ronaldinho has been brazils best player in a half yet.

11. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bold statement but true. He just isn't the same player for Barca as he is for Brasil. Bottom line.

12. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Kaka has been far more impressive IMO. Maybe we should change the thread title? ;)

13. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    After watching again some England and France games, I must appologize for putting Ronnie with Joe Cole and Franck Ribery on the same level. It is an insult to the other 2 players - they have been far better than Ronaldinho so far. In fact, Ronaldinho is fast gaining the reputation for choking in the high stage, like the Champions League finals against Arsenal. Let's wait and see if he can turn it up against France.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK ... I don't get this Ribery bullcrap. He had a good game today. The rest of the games he lost the ball everytime he tried to dribble. If Ronaldinho was playing in the same position as him, closer to the wing and free from marking deep into the defense, it wouldn't even be close.

We have seen only flashes of Ronaldinho's passes. His pass to Roberto Carlos today in the second half was truly beautifull in vision and weight. He also put Ronaldo in front of the goal in the first minute of the game (was called offsides but he really wasn't).

I agree that he needs to show more. But Ribery ??? Give me a freakin break.

15. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You've got a good point there. :D

16. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    His role is changed and you know it. Besides he is an intergal part of a very very talented team. He is solid not exceptional. Does his Job quite well.

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ribery is pretty fresh all things considered. this was his seventh international if im not mistaken, and he hasnt played 90 minutes in more then a few. he had one excellent game against a very good spain side when his team really needed him. that alone is more then ronaldinho has done this whole tournament. so no, not giving you a freakin break.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The comparison is absurd. Ribery may be a good player, but besides a couple of plays in the last game, he has done nothing in this World Cup.

19. advanti

advanti New Member

Jun 28, 2006
    I am a big Ronaldinho fan...but to compare him to Maradona at this stage is an insult to Maradona. Maradona carried teams all by himself not just at in the international arena but also at club level.

Ronaldinho for whatever reason is deferring to Kaka at this World Cup, IMHO he has been poor. This World Cup was meant to be Dinhos coming out party as far as the international scene is concerned, but Im afraid to say its just confirmed in some peoples minds he drifts out of big games too much.

20. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    The longer this Cup goes, the more absurd this comparison becomes.

Ronaldinho is the 3rd best player for Brazil right now behind Kaka and Ze Roberto.

21. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'll rate Ronaldo and Dida ahead of Ronaldinho for now. Maybe Cafu and R. Carlos as well. I'm afraid if France finds a way to knock Brazil out, Ronaldinho will shoulder a bunch of the blame!

22. advanti

advanti New Member

Jun 28, 2006

For me its not that Dinho has been that poor, rather that he hasnt had the influence someone of his supposed pedigree is meant to have. I dont think he has been a liability to Brazil, but just hasnt played that killer pass yet that he plays for Eto'o in la liga week in week out.

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    its futile to have this discussion with a brazil fan who sees only yellow and green. i dont know how you think the comparison is absurd. is it because ronaldinho is world player of the year and ribery isnt? that means ribery cant play better in a world cup? i dont get it. ronaldinho hasnt done a thing. put ribery on brazil with those teammates and im sure he would have contributed alot more then ronnie has done so far. doesnt mean ribery is more talented. just means that right now hes playing better.

24. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i actually think lucio has been brazils best player so far. hes certainly among the top three.

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the problem is that brazils forwards dont move. they just stand around most of the time. at barca theres movement constantly and ronaldinho can choose and pick who to send through. the only players doing any running for brazil is cafu, roberto carlos and kaka. the rest just stand around. thats the main reason ronaldinho hasnt done much.