[B]Who is better Ronaldinho or Maradona?[/B]

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by lamrof, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    that sums it all up right there. people think ronaldinho is the first player to draw this kind of attention. the problem is that he plays for teams with multible world class players, be that barca or brazil, while Maradona had none. maybe one if you count careca and ardilles. he was his whole team. ronaldinho is just a pony riding everyone else. hes a jock. hes a scottie pippen.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ronaldo was better at 18 then ronaldinho is today.

3. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i think its you who dont deserve football. what those guys are saying is the truth. ronaldinho was shite at psg. and he is overrated.

4. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i dont think your analogy works because for it to work, pippen would have to be the focal point of the bulls, and he clearly wasnt. on top of this, pippen was known for his defensive skills and no-nonsense play. that isnt ronaldinho. he's the michael jordan of the team and everyone knows that.

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    bulls were a better team without jordan then without pippen. anyway thats another debate. ronaldinho is the focal point on brazil for all the kids and most of the idiots. thats it. you can bench ronaldinho and brazil doesnt lose one step. you cant say that about adriano and kaka in my opinion. ronaldinho has never really preformed for brazil. last game he was pathetic.

6. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    this is just getting silly. we are talking about the best player in the world, and the most decisive player in the world, yet people are failing to give Roni the respect he deserves. so what if he was crap at PSG (and he wasn't), doesn't the present matter much more? go and ask any of the Barca side if he is overrated, or if he is just riding them like a Scottie Pippen. one of the quotes I posted says that Roni is just a mediocre player, a skillful Dwight Yorke, and you say this is the truth? another guy says he has watched every single Roni game in the past 2-3 years, and apart from 2 or 3 games, he's been average. go and ask any manager in La Liga if he is average. go and ask Frank Rijkaard if he would swap him for ay other player in the world. go and as Jose Mourinho how many of Roman Abramovich's millions he would spend to bring him to Stamford Bridge. if people don't think he's comparable to Maradona, then that's fair enough, but if you want to start pretending he's just a footballer with tricks a la Denilson or Cristiano Ronaldo, then you are taking it too far. like i said, if anyone can watch Ronaldinho and decide he's average, then they do not deserve football

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the last two games hes played he certainly was average. if that. and i think rijkaard would rather sell ronaldinho then messi. hes a better player and hes a teenager. just like ronaldo was a better player when he was that age. until ronaldinho starts carrying brazil he doesnt deserve to be compared with the likes of Maradona.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and since when did that become a criteria? some of the most overrated players in history are playing for mourinho.

9. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    so becuase he's been average in the last 2 games makes him an average player? and you think Messi is a better player too? and I only mentioned Jose as he is the manager with the access to the most money in all of world football, and he would pay any amount if Roni was interested

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    the hell he would. and the last two games obviously havent been a mirror of how good ronaldinho can be. it just shows what a disappearing act he can pull when it matters the most. if he doesnt start preforming in this world cup you can forget about any comparison with any of the great ones.

11. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    1) he didn't disappear against Croatia

2) the game hardly "mattered the most" now, did it?

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yes he did. and yes it did. champions league final and world cup opener are kinda important games. and he stunk on both occasions.

13. VOwithwater1

VOwithwater1 Red Card

Apr 23, 2006
    Maradona played with a few world class players in Italy at Naples :). Ever heard the term Magica? Maradona Argentina, Giodono Italian and Careca Brazilian all great

http://www.vivadiego.com/magica.jpg

14. VOwithwater1

VOwithwater1 Red Card

Apr 23, 2006
    Wrong I met Maradona and Dr. Bilardo when I lived in Argentina and watched him train.

Pele I met twice here in NYC twice. I say this for Pele he got nice women.

15. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    you are making silly statements now. I don't remember Maradona being great in the '86 Final now was he? no, he wasn't, he was marked out of the game, and produced a moment of magic to set up the winning goal. Ronaldinho was marked out of the CL Final, and produced a moment of magic to set up a goal, which the ref decided to dis-allow and send off the keeper instead. Also, he wasn't great v Croatia, but there's a difference between that and disappearing. your beloved Ronaldo disappeared.....in fact, he didn't even appear first before disappearing. and the World Cup opener is no big deal, it's not how you start the tournament, it's how you finish it. if you want to take the game as crucial, then surely Champions League knock-out stages are far more crucial, because if you lose, you're out. how come you don't remember his game-winning moments against Chelsea, against Milan, against Benfica all in elimination games? because you have an agenda, so you're distorting facts to suit your lame argument. that Croatioa game is not that big of a deal, you know it, i know it

16. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Maradona didn't play all that well in the WC '90 Final either. :)

...but that was a different game altogether...

17. DerMongerer

DerMongerer Member

Jun 5, 2004
    You mean you guys are still arguing with Duck Manson, a guy that once claimed:

"The Swedish WC 06 team of today would beat Brazil 1970 by at least 3 goals". :rolleyes:

18. kotto_bass

kotto_bass New Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It's hard to compare different eras. It's like comparing Karl Lewis and Justin Gatlin. The style of play in the '50s, '60s and '70s to me was much slower and with far less technical skills than the '80s, '90s and today. Usually, you rate teams based on how they dominated their competition at the time. When you watch Diego's 2nd goal against England in '86, you wonder why they didn't foul him. The Brazil 1970 team dominated the WC like no other. If they play any of today's team, does that mean today's team meets them in '70, or they meet today's team now? I watched Pele Eterno, and eventhough he was a bit slower than today's modern strikers (Ronaldo etc), he was way ahead of his time, pulling all kinds of tricks all over the place. He dominated his competition like no other player (maybe except Maradona). Pre-injury Ronaldo too was very lethal. Ronaldinho is still young and if he can take over a few games and dominate, it will be normal to compare him with Maradona. To me right now, he has the potential. Let's see how this all plays out with time.

19. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Wait........Ronaldo is well passed his prime. Ronaldinho is suppossed to be in his prime, right? tight marking shouldn't be a problem for a great player like him, it sure wasn't for Ronaldo in WC 98 when he was in his prime and was undoubtly the best footballer in the world. He was going by them with ease. Those were sign of greats same with Maradona. Ronaldinho, sadly you can shut him down if you just put two man on him.

20. dribbler69

dribbler69 New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Tamsalu
    LOL. in one match, ronaldinho passed 6 men with a for him - easy double-trick, passed the ball to rivaldo and the last one scored. usually ronaldinho does all the hard work and the others` mission is only to finish!HE RAN FROM THE CENTRE-LINE TO THE BOX. is this one man?

and these times have been repeated. How can he be valued for its "coming out of between two men" when he, according to your post, loses the ball, when sending him 2 men.
    and - lets make the question bit easier. - WHICH ONE, ronaldinho or maradona, will be a bigger legend for the players in 2046 Fifa world cup(F.E.)
    sorry for my sporadically unskilled English :eek:

21. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    i keep saying....Ronaldo is a HOAX. he is only 29 and yet he is finished. he's been sporadic like this for at least the past 4 years. i don't wanna hear about injuries or pre-injury period or anything else. the fact is, he has the worst ever attitude, and he's abused his own talents. it's not my fault he didn't achieve what he should have, it's his own fault, but there's no point calling him a great because of what he did 8 years ago

22. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Your bias shadows your view on things. Ronaldo accomplishements is AMAZING only low minded fans would try to deny that. It aint his fault that he accomplished everything in football and proved himself in 4 different league since the age of 17. Hes arguably the greatest striker ever and the best of his generation.

The only thing he didn't win is the champion league, other than that you have no argument to make over his amazing accomplishements. Sorry, ya boy Ronaldinho don't compare to him yet neither to Maradona.

23. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    BIAS?! :confused: your name is Ronaldooooooooo and i am the biased one? ha ha ha ha. and your beloved Ronaldo has NOT achieved anyhthing in domestic football. he only won 1 domestic title, and had to wait until he could join a superstar team before he could do it. domestically, he's also won all the minor trophies BUT NO MAJOR ONES. domestically, he has won less than Giovanni van Bronckhurst. i don't care about individual awards, he has not carried his teams to any major domestic honours, FACT. all he's proved in the different leagues is that he can score. this makes him the most selfish and individual-minded player in the whole history of football, and definitely not the best striker ever. all he's proven is that he can eat pies and get fat

24. dribbler69

dribbler69 New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Tamsalu
    Ronaldinho is and will be better than Maradona. The Greatest Dribbler Of All Time!

25. Ronaldooooo!

Ronaldooooo! O Fenomeno

Mar 23, 2006
    Shove this up your ass, you dumb football fan. Don't open up your mouth again spewing your garbage before knowing your facts.

1 x Dutch Cup 1995-1996
    1 x Spanish League 2002-2003
    1 x Spanish Cup 1996-1997
    1 x Cup Winners Cup 1996-1997
    1 x UEFA Cup 1997-1998
    2 x Copa America 1997, 1999
    1 x World Cup 2002

1 x Dutch League Top Scorer 1994-1995
    2 x Spanish League Top Scorer 1996-1997, 2003-2004
    1 x Copa America Top Scorer 1999
    1 x World Cup Top Scorer 2002
    3 x FIFA World Player of the Year 1996, 1997, 2002