Aztex-USL Future discussion

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by jcm28, Aug 31, 2010.

1. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.

Print version has 2 Aztex related articles and a pic today.

4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Kirk Bohls must be on vacation

5. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Question for any/all: When do we expect to hear something definitive on next year? Do you suspect that Phil & Co. already know what league they'll be in, and at what level? Or is this situation still fluid?

6. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We talked about this last night on "In the Mixer" with Steve Holler of Ralph's Mob. The general feeling is that we should hear something sooner rather than later. NASL was giving until the end of September to wrap up their league submission, which is tomorrow.

If NASL gets certified for Division 2 next year, I hope the invitation to the Aztex is still available and that Phil et al accept.

If NASL doesn't get the certification, I see the only other option, and one I think most likely, as USSF to retain management responsibilities for the 2011 season. In this case, I'd be surprised if the Aztex aren't in D2 as Phil has a great working relationship with USSF.

I don't think USL Pro will be D2, as many of their teams don't meet the requirements (financially) to play in D2.

An unofficial deadline would be early December to have everything sorted, as this is when FIFA makes the decision on who will host both 2018 (likely European country, and my money's on England) and 2022 (I believe it's the US) World Cup's.

7. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screw everything else in the IMS report about the NASL bid and all , check out the final sentance.

"Buchholz(Our Djorn) also said his team has plans on building a soccer specific stadium with planning beginning in 2012." :eek:

9. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  10. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team: