Awesome press release

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by wufc, Jul 20, 2005.

1. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3196774

Near the bottom of the release.

BROADCASTING AND P.A. REQUEST: When speaking of the organization, please refer to the team as "Real Salt Lake" on first reference, with "RSL" or "Real" acceptable on second references. Please refrain from using incorrect references "Real Salt Lake City" or "Salt Lake Real." Usage of "the Real" is also discouraged. The written word "Real" should not be written as "ReAL" except when used in the brand logo or shield mark. Also, please note that "Major League Soccer" can be abbreviated to "MLS," but never should be referred to as "the MLS." We appreciate your cooperation.

2. dysko

dysko New Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are really on top of it aren't we. Only about 3 months late on picking up on this one. :eek:

They have had that at the end of Press info since the week after the season opener!

3. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol....nice...
    :)

4. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Go ReAL! ...... :D

I will continue spelling it that way, no question. To me, it just looks better that way.

5. blitzzfan

blitzzfan Member

Jul 25, 2000
    St. George, UT
    I think what Dysko might have meant to say is:

Yea, it's great. We show class like that in part because of Trey Fitz-gerald. He came to RSL from doing this type of stuff at the league office. Glad to see that other media outlets are picking up and using the RSL stuff. OBTW, it has been at the foot of every press release since early in the season.

6. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Hooligan! :D

7. Holla at ya boy

May 15, 2005
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ReAL looks better than Real Salt Lake, Real, or RSL

8. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except ReAL looks like you have AL'ed before and must redo it.

"Did you AL?" "No, dahling, I must ReAL before our guests arrive to stab our cat."

Tommy "bad humour from 2003" Mack

9. KaptPowers

KaptPowers Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Arlington, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league needs to start putting that at the end of their releases hahah...

I can't even tell you how many times I've seen "the MLS" written or even (in some of the smaller local papers) "the Revolutions" or something.

Really I think it would be cool if we could convince people to cut out "the" entirely. I started noticing how the English papers would just refer to MLS teams (in transfer news and related stories) without putting "the" in front of their names. "Richie Baker leaves Shelbourne for New England Revolution" or "Jeff Cunningham, late of Columbus Crew."

10. wrendog1

wrendog1 New Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Bakersfield
    ReAL looks retarded.. give me RSL

11. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Real Salt Lake will officially change their name to something like "RSL", like how NY/NJ Metrostars officially changed their name to Metrostars.

12. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't bother.

No one outside of Metro Fans and bigsoccer geeks noticed.