Autographs?

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by Rochester, May 3, 2011.

1. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a huge Rochester soccer fan. I have been forever. I just bought a Marta Brasil jersey. Is there time for autographs after the game?

2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. You need to wait for the players to go through their cool-down routine (15 minutes jogging, stretching, etc) and then they open the gate to the field and fans can go out and talk to / get autographs from the players.

This may change somewhat to get it better organized, but I am sure that autographs will be available after the game.

3. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Will try after Friday night game, my daughter wants to get her new jersey signed by Marta and Riley.

4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the WPS site, in the Tuesday 5/3/11 Lauletta's League Lowdown story, Flash General Manager Henrik Ambarchian said:

"the club’s policy of opening the gates to the field so fans and players can freely interact is nearly certain to be a winning formula.

“We let them walk out on the field and meet the players, it’s as simple as that,” Ambarchian said. “We don’t restrict anything. And it’s fun for these players. They remember when they were 12 or 13 years old.”

After the opening game, some of the Atlanta Beat players hung out, too.

5. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes my daughter got just about all the players after the game tonight, Marta was hard to get near.

6. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did she get Christine Sinclair? When Sinc was in Portland, she was a very unassuming and humble young woman, and I would expect her to be very nice to your daughter.

7. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    No she was not there and never got a straight answer to why.

8. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Some sort of green card/visa thing.

9. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sinclair was in Montreal working on her Green Card (permanent resident status in U.S.). Next week she will be with the Canadian National Team.

At the walkway from the field to the locker rooms Heather O'Reilly (SkyBlue) stopped for a long time and happily talked with fans, signed autographs and posed for pictures.

10. NukksC16

NukksC16 New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Bumping this thread.

Do they still do this? I'm sure it will be utter chaos during WPS playoff games to do this.. but I'd love to get some autographs!

Will probably be making my first trip to Rochester for a playoff game :)

11. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes they do it after every Flash game, the first couple games with a small attendance, fans were allowed on the field after the game and players stood in small groups and gave the kids autographs. The games with huge attendance like the Majicjack game, fans go to the gate behind the scoreboard. I suggest going there with a few minutes left in the game, you can still watch the game but be in a good spot to get the autographs. My daughter has a soccer ball and a jersey with the entire team on them, great bunch of friendly players.

12. NukksC16

NukksC16 New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks!
    Really excited for my first Flash game :)

13. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I am going Sunday, where are you traveling from? If I can help you in any way just let me know.

14. NukksC16

NukksC16 New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks! I sent you a PM with some questions..:p